• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How green are you?

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Conservation-wise.
My family is generally average. We don't have an air conditioner, which saves electricity, we don't have a second fridge, and my sister never flushes the tolet, if that counts. We have two toyota camrys, and I'm not sure how green they are but they seem sorta average. We have a lot of plants in the back yard and mow around once a month, and our front yard is mulch so there's no mowing or watering necessary there. We (or, at least, I) turn off the lights and usually keep them off while I'm still in the room unless it's nighttime. We have fires in the fireplace around once a year. And we recycle a LOT.
That's about it for the good stuff. The bad stuff: Long showers, except my dad. We use a plastic bag a day for scooping the catbox. My dad commonly forgets to turn off the grill. We do a lot of laundry. We use a lot of batteries (not sure if batteries or electricity is worse). And our computers stay on all day.

Aquanova

I try to be environmentally concious where I can be.
Things I do to be green.
1. Recycle everything possible.
2. Try not to throw many things away
3. Use a flourescent lightbulb in my lamp and keep it off when Im not using it.
4. Try not to leave chargers plugged into the wall all the time to save energy and turn off my computer at night when I go to bed.
5. I dont buy many bottled drinks like soda in cans or bottles or drink bottled water, Its wasteful and expensive.
6. Try not to buy too many things I dont need.
7. Turn off all lights/appliances/TVs when Im not using them or if I see them on during the day and they arent being used.
8. I use rechargable batteries so I wont have to throw batteries away.

Aegon

I'm quite "green". I certainly make an effort. The same, sadly, cannot be said for my family.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
I use the laptop all day which is bad I guess. But I take quick showers and never forget to turn off appliances I'm not using. I recycle when possible. Aside from using the laptop, I'd say I'm not so bad.

I'm pretty good about taking quick showers too. I'm not really very green unless it comes to water. I turn off the faucet in between brushing my teeth and rinsing the brush, short showers, and not watering my lawn when it's completely pointless

Pikachu 1995

Master Explorer
Not so green here...

I'm not so green...But we're doing some things that isn't bad.We're always using batteries that can be reused by recharging it... but that part isn't not so good.But when we moving into our new house (which will happen in Spetember/October) then we're going to use green electricity!!Sun electricity. That's a lot more green then using regular electricity :DI have three little apple trees. Elstar they are.But one tree is a bit dehydrated :sI sometimes forget to water those little trees each 2 days. Instead of that, it is then 3 or 4 days after the last watering. Too long no water :(But one apple tree isn't dehydrated :)It's the youngest of the trio :)The youngest isn't even a month younger than the oldest one.2 weeks actually.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
5. I dont buy many bottled drinks like soda in cans or bottles or drink bottled water, Its wasteful and expensive.

Oof, just remembered: My dad buys a big case of bottled water every time we go to Costco. It's terrible. I'm seriously considering buying 8 metal water bottles, 2 for each family member.

Is painting my bedroom bad for the environment as long as I dispose of everything properly? I want to paint it dark red.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I could care less about being green, honestly. I probably would be if the environmentalists would stop shoving it in our faces every single day, and stop taking away our lightbulbs, and plastic bags, and our water for our food...

We used to recycle until we moved to our new house eight years ago, and my parents never got around to getting the recycling bin (not that we would be using it anyway). The closest to recycling we do now is picking up cans for money (money counts as being green). Dad found a place nearby that gives quite a bit of money by the pound. We've done it long enough that we saved enough for our Disneyland trip. We may or may not keep it up.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Theese ecologic light bulbs etc. sucks a**, but I am not ignorant with the environment.

Aegon

I probably would be if the environmentalists would stop shoving it in our faces every single day
Makes sense. It's not like it's important.

taking away our lightbulbs, and plastic bags, and our water for our food...
lmfao

We used to recycle until we moved to our new house eight years ago, and my parents never got around to getting the recycling bin (not that we would be using it anyway). The closest to recycling we do now is picking up cans for money (money counts as being green). Dad found a place nearby that gives quite a bit of money by the pound. We've done it long enough that we saved enough for our Disneyland trip. We may or may not keep it up.
You are despicable.

ala

dat ash
I thought this was about weed for a sec...heh. Environmentally however, I try to do my part, other than the computer and my game systems. Those are my exceptions!

Spookz

Lumos
I'd say I'm pretty environmentally conscious. I switched over to CFL over incandescent lamps many years ago, and I try not to have them on for very long/when I'm not in the room. I always use cloth bags when I go to the store.. I do buy plastic bags for my trash/the rabbits' litter, but I try to buy recycled plastic. I generally try to buy products (rabbit litter, paper towels, tin foil, etc.) that have been recycled, even if that means spending a little more money. All the batteries I use are rechargeable too. When I bought my air conditioner, I made sure it was energy star approved, and I'm looking forward to my new dish washer since that will save water. Technically, my building does not have a recycling bin but I put my things in the neighboring building's recycle receptacles.

I'm not the most green person out there, but I can safely say I'm better about it than many of my friends.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I like my vehicle and my air conditioner to burn holes in the ozone layer. Anything less just won't do it for me.

I've always wondered why some of the most ardent environmentalists live in these huge polluting cities. I don't claim to be green by any stretch of the imagination, but I would I say i'm more of an environmentalist by way of my location being closer to the natural environment than these big city environmentalists.

Spookz

Lumos
I've always wondered why some of the most ardent environmentalists live in these huge polluting cities. I don't claim to be green by any stretch of the imagination, but I would I say i'm more of an environmentalist by way of my location being closer to the natural environment than these big city environmentalists.
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/cities/are-city-dwellers-more-green-than-thoreau-wannabes/132
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...11/02/10/if_you_love_nature_move_to_the_city/

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!

I suppose what I mean is that it seems odd to hear people preach about loving nature and animals yet to be so distant and insulated as to have little or no contact with the natural environment. Now of course this would not be feasible for most of humanity as it is not possible to jam everyone into the forest or countryside. That would be disastrous. The ones I have in mind are those that want to destroy cities and modern technology and suggest we go back to living like our ancestors did. Yet at the same time they benefit from everything they claim to hate. There's a quite a few of these types up where I live.

Last edited:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I try to put things in the correct bin when I'm done consuming them.
I don't go too out of my way to conserve things, though.

When someone asks me whether I'm environmentally friendly or not, I tend to stay neutral. Leaning toward the green side makes it seem like I'm doing anything I can (which obviously isn't true), whereas leaning toward the (purple?) side makes it seem like I'm a heartless person raising over four-hundred Poison-types in the Castelia Sewers.

TheEliteEmpoleon

My family and I are kind of green. We save electricity, but we waste a lot of water. We save the bottles and cans to do the refund thing at ShopRite. Well, I'm the only one that does it, but that's good ecause I get all the money from it. My mom is addicted to Diet Pepsi, so I get like ten dollars every time. Other than that we have a pretty green life.