• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How hard are gym leaders when you dont use supereffective moves?

For those who want a real challenge in the game dont use supereffective moves on gym leaders.Its amazing how much more difficult they become.Unless your mon has a high offensive stat most of the time you are gonna get super potion trolled.

I tried this with Roxanne.I had to raise my Combusken to lv 25 to actually beat that Nosepass without supereffective attacks.

Had to raise my pokemon to lv 65 to beat Tate and Liza with this method.

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
It really is noticeable in most cases, as most fall into one of two groups: those who train one Pokemon, often a starter to be really strong, and thus are more of less able to brute-force their way though with STAB moves or those with a more rounded team that can exploit SE moves.

Hidden Power

I think fighting gym leaders in the PWT itself is a good measure of difficulty against AI trainers who specialize in one type, since you are never fully prepared against any of them.

Silvijo

Well, ironically ,I only used Budew against Gardenia back on my December gameplay in Pokemon Platinum.I just spammed growth without taking that much harm because of...well, 4x resistance against grass.

If there is any time when I have nothing super effective against a gym leaders Pokemon and I have to resort to using something that only does normal damage at the very least, I don't find it that hard to defeat them.

Enjolras

Master of the House
To be honest, it's not that hard. NVE moves are a different story, but for the most part you can just hammer them with normal damage moves and they should go down fairly easily.

Early on in PvE it's very possible, but it becoe increasingly challenging as you go on. But at the same time you're presented with more pkmn to catch as you progress, so I think it balances out.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
It really is noticeable in most cases, as most fall into one of two groups: those who train one Pokemon, often a starter to be really strong, and thus are more of less able to brute-force their way though with STAB moves or those with a more rounded team that can exploit SE moves.

That's me all right.

fitzy909

Just another guy
If there is any time when I have nothing super effective against a gym leaders Pokemon and I have to resort to using something that only does normal damage at the very least, I don't find it that hard to defeat them.

True. They aren't much more difficult when you use regular effective moves. If you used not very effective moves then...yeah it would be difficult.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Up until G5 I only used 1 pokemon in each of my play throughs and it was still pretty easy.

Granted in those runs I used bulky pokemon that had access to recovery moves but still, it wasn't hard.

The main thing I feel that makes it easy to beat all the gym leaders is that more often then not y ou can just power through with recovery items regardless of your skill level or team set up.