• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How has BW changed the dynamics of the Anime? Will these changes continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think a 4th travelling partner would be redundant. I hated Max back in AG most episodes

It's not that bad. Just give him/her something to do instead of being a stale wall and you have a character.

At this point Oshawott seems like he's only there to be funny, awkward, and cute. He hasn't really done anything otherwise of note.

True. What I would like is if Ash was to bring along Oshawott with him t the next region like he did Aipom and actually use him for training purposes just in case Pikachu drains again.

wat gamefreak needs to do is make a water starter that has an ugly base stage but has an awesome final evolution then the writers give it to ash so he can evolve it all the way

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
wat gamefreak needs to do is make a water starter that has an ugly base stage but has an awesome final evolution then the writers give it to ash so he can evolve it all the way

That probably,won't happen becasue people love cute base form water,starters.

ludiloco

That was Oshawott already.

But anime makes ugly things cute (look at Trubbish).

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Oshawott wasn't regarded as cute, then the memes started and the anime and bam.

The starters first forms will always be cute, most pokemon first form are cute anyway.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I would have prefer BW to keep contests. I know they don't have them in the games, but still, contest was what made Sinnoh and AG not as battle-centric. Practically everything in BW was about battling: Battle Subway, Don Tournament, Pokemon World Tournament (if it appears). Pokestar studios in the game was also quite battle centric, and Brycen's movie looks battle-centric too >_<

The rotation is great in concept, poor in execution. I would've much prefered Sinnoh's pacing with the rotation so that each pokemon gets sufficient screentime and development. I don't mind Sinnoh's slow pacing, as the team was handled pretty nicely, but BW was really fast, fast that there was not enough time for each pokemon to shine. It ended up turning like a three man show, Pikachu, the wott and Pignite. Also, Cilan's and Iris's Pokemon weren't handled that well, either. /implying that Emolga had perfect battle %, now that's something.

BW had great concepts, but poor in execution. That's all.

Lucille

Well, its good that Contests were finally eliminated but thats all I can come up with.

C'mon Contests weren't terrible it added something different to the anime besides just battles. I wish Ash would still use some of the tactics he came up with from watching Dawn. Counter shield was awesome

LizardonX

Banned
C'mon Contests weren't terrible it added something different to the anime besides just battles. I wish Ash would still use some of the tactics he came up with from watching Dawn. Counter shield was awesome

You'd think after Piplup gave him a reminder he'd remember. I mean he could have beaten Lucario by CSing the Aura sphere back in its face like he did with Ursaring and Focus blast..

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!

and Spin..

Yeah go Team Dawn!

@PQ: That's what he should've done, except he forgot all his tactics from DP. Whoops!

Lucille

You'd think after Piplup gave him a reminder he'd remember. I mean he could have beaten Lucario by CSing the Aura sphere back in its face like he did with Ursaring and Focus blast..

Exactly, Ash would of done a lot better in the League and in general this generation lol

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The only real major change was the Don battle tournaments and giving Ash's friends their own rivals, but that's it. BW is largely similar in structure to Kanto/Johto, so you can't really say it did much that was truly new.

Lucille

The only real major change was the Don battle tournaments and giving Ash's friends their own rivals, but that's it. BW is largely similar in structure to Kanto/Johto, so you can't really say it did much that was truly new.
Read the first post of this thread.

LizardonX

Banned
For that matter I'm kind of dissapointed of how they did roatations, he did a better form of it in Johto where all he did was rotate stuff out (ignoring the fact that his Kanto mons were far superior)making the only Johto mons screwed over Heracross and Phanpy(latter mainly caught too late), while in Unova no one really benefits other than the big 5.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For that matter I'm kind of dissapointed of how they did roatations, he did a better form of it in Johto where all he did was rotate stuff out (ignoring the fact that his Kanto mons were far superior)making the only Johto mons screwed over Heracross and Phanpy(latter mainly caught too late), while in Unova no one really benefits other than the big 5.

Well that's because Ash only did capture 6 pokemon in Johto. He caught way too damn many in Unova.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Especially for a fast paced series like Best Wishes. It could have been better pulled off with Sinnoh's pacing.

I agree. You think he would have captured more pokemon in a region that spanned 191 episodes, not in a region that was only a little over 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.