• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How has BW changed the dynamics of the Anime? Will these changes continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucille

Lots of massive changes happened from Sinnoh to BW

Animation changes, Brock going home, Ash regressing in League development, Ash capturing more then 5 Pokemon(hasn't done this since Kanto). Ash becoming the 'sole' main character since Contests have been abolished. Do you think this has made BW better or worse? Do you think the writers will continue to implement these and future changes or should they to back to their roots from Original to Diamond and Pearl?

Discuss.

Personally I think they should of kept contests and the maturity that Ash had been developing for the 14 years prior to BW. I also miss the development of his team. It's been poorly handled this generation.

LizardonX

Banned
They need to stop giving Ash all the cute living plushies.

If Ash only had Tepig, Iris got Snivy(shut up dragonholics Do you see Excadrill being a dragon?), and Cilan getting oshawott then Ash could have had a team of

Pkachu
Unfezant
Pignite
Krookodile
Scraggy
Leavanny
Palpitoad
Fillermon 1
Fillermon 2

WOuld make his team more interesting to look at.

As long as they keep things fresh each saga, then it will be an enjoyable show. BW made a lot of cool changes so if Generation 6 improves on some of those changes as well as making good changes of its own, then that would be great.

As long as they keep things fresh each saga, then it will be an enjoyable show. BW made a lot of cool changes so if Generation 6 improves on some of those changes as well as making good changes of its own, then that would be great.

I agree. BW definitely made some cool changes at the least, and Gen 6 should try to improve upon them.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
I think having Ash rotate his pokemon and catching so many in Unova compared to other regions is something that needs to continue on into other series. But they really need to get rid of this whole keeping cute /comic relief pokemon from evolving. Biggest example Oshawatt. When your using something like a Oshawatt and a Snivy in a league you can kind of predict whats gonna happen. Only time that didnt feel a problem was back when he had Bulbasaur or Squirtle cause they felt like they proved you dont need to evolve to be strong.

I prefer the pacing in BW compared to 4 years of the Sinnoh mountains. Its meant less filller but so many tournaments dragged it down. If they can make some sort of balance that makes fillers part of the main story like with TR in the background like at the start of BW or whatever Team is in play at the time.

NarutoUzumakikun

I think having Ash rotate his pokemon and catching so many in Unova compared to other regions is something that needs to continue on into other series. But they really need to get rid of this whole keeping cute /comic relief pokemon from evolving. Biggest example Oshawatt. When your using something like a Oshawatt and a Snivy in a league you can kind of predict whats gonna happen. Only time that didnt feel a problem was back when he had Bulbasaur or Squirtle cause they felt like they proved you dont need to evolve to be strong.

I prefer the pacing in BW compared to 4 years of the Sinnoh mountains. Its meant less filller but so many tournaments dragged it down. If they can make some sort of balance that makes fillers part of the main story like with TR in the background like at the start of BW or whatever Team is in play at the time.

But Osahwott is awesome...wott

I agree. BW definitely made some cool changes at the least, and Gen 6 should try to improve upon them.

Yeah, I like the idea of rotation so if they balance his team out in battles and screen time, that would be great. I also like Ash having 3 recurring rivals and the multiple tournaments they have had this saga so I would like to see that in Generation 6 as well. And the villains were well handled and paced this saga.

Janovy

Banned
This is pretty much how I feel. BW had some good ideas, but they were poorly executed.

Gen 6 anime should try to improve upon that.

I definitely agree with you the pacing and the rotation, as well as catching new Pokemon, should all be carried into the next series of the anime. I'm fine with Oshawott and I think he's cute so no worries here, personally.

And I like that this saga was shorter than DP. You should never have to take over 180 episodes to get to a League like DP did.

Yeah, that's one of the worst things about Johto in OS and Sinnoh in DP: there's too much filler. The pacing absolutely should be kept.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
I think the next series needs a better rival, trip just felt more like a passer by. Was it just me who thought most of the rivals in BW went in the complete opposite direction compared to DP's like Paul etc

I think the next series needs a better rival, trip just felt more like a passer by. Was it just me who thought most of the rivals in BW went in the complete opposite direction compared to DP's like Paul etc

I was alright with Trip, and I wasn't really fond of Paul to start with, but I can see what you're saying.

I would like to see a new kind of main rival for Ash. Usually, the main rivals he gets are all males, they are all arrogant and they are all mean to him at some point or another. I like what they were trying to do with Trip and the backstory but he really got screwed over in the end. I would like to see a smart, competent and serious female rival as Ash's main rival next generation. It would be something different for Ash.

I would like to see a new kind of main rival for Ash. Usually, the main rivals he gets are all males, they are all arrogant and they are all mean to him at some point or another. I like what they were trying to do with Trip and the backstory but he really got screwed over in the end. I would like to see a smart, competent and serious female rival as Ash's main rival next generation. It would be something different for Ash.

That actually sounds like a really good idea. I would definitely be up for that.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I kinda have to agree on three things.

1.Taking Contests out was not a good idea, yes I know some of you would rather not sit through a third coordinator, but it's obvious that it's still better than having two gym based companions.
2.Ash catching more than six pokemon and actively rotating them seems to have been a factor in crippling thier development, perhaps the whole "catch" and "release if more room is needed" methods are better since by focusing on a certain group of pokemon they get more attention and development, giving Ash too many pokemon makes things harder to handle.
3.Ash should only get one starter, or at the max two. Because when you give him all three things go south quickly and wars occur.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~

I've got the perfect rival for him. /killed

A female rival (Who I will not give a name because I suck at naming things. xD) who very different from ash in personality, yet has the same mindset and generally believes the same things as him. They work together a lot, yet they can't seem to get along well in normal conversation due to their differing personalities. So they meet each other off and on constantly battling each other everytime they meet because thats the only way they seem to be able to understand each other.

Somethign like that. Kind of simialar to the paul set up, but she's not a total *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.