• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How has drugs affected your life?

"Weed is beautiful drug." That is very funny, i think. You see, to me the ocean is beautiful or trees being beautiful, and last time i checked they didn't smell like **** or ruin my friendships.

What? The ocean smells like shit. Certain trees smell like shit. Of course the smell of weed to non-smokers isn't going to smell so pleasant, but to people who smoke it, it smells delish!

The oceans and trees can ruin your friendships much more than weed can, like it does supposedly. A tree can crash down and kill your friends. Someone on acid can mistake your friend for a tree and cut him down. The ocean can cause a shark to eat your friend. Your friend can get stuck in a rip current and drown away. Your friend can just be retarded and swim too far and drown.

Firemonkey1

Fire Champion
Drugz has cauzed pplz to haz horibale grammerz...

Seriously, though, I do not realize how drugs can be that appealing to most individuals. If you desire to become addicted to something, simply sniff your shirt every day and do not even ponder about drugs.

Ugobama

"Weed is beautiful drug." That is very funny, i think. You see, to me the ocean is beautiful or trees being beautiful, and last time i checked they didn't smell like **** or ruin my friendships.

Like I said, without going into great detail, people are the problem, not weed.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Like I said, without going into great detail, people are the problem, not weed.
But the thing is the "people" smoke weed. People who smoke can't be very responsible in the first (not all the smokers) so weed doesn't help at all. Just makes them worse. So yes it's the people, but the people are the ones who do drugs you can't really fix the human species so, get rid of a drug that doesn't help misses up people's lives.

Whimsy

Wow, there's a lot of extreme viewpoints in this thread. o_O As someone who works in healthcare I personally abstain from most drugs just for the purposes of 'setting an example'; save caffeine, and the occasional alcoholic beverage. Though when I was younger and in high school I tried a bit of drug-lite such as marijuana and non-prescribed adderall, illegal drinking, etc..

I will say, having worked in a hospital setting for 4 years now, I have yet to see anyone require serious counseling on using weed. Meth, heroin, cocaine, sure.. but the most common is definitely alcohol. This drug is completely legal and destroys families, causes addiction, and DAMN you should see the livers we pull out of their corpses. I don't understand all this backlash against marijuana, which is pretty tame on the body, when it's perfectly legal to sit in a bar for 12 hours taking shots.

Now, personally, I am not suggesting we outlaw alcohol, but I sure as hell don't understand why marijuana is illegal when alcohol isn't. I've never had to take care of someone with a "weed overdose" or watch their family cry when they die from "weed poisoning."

Whimsy

May I ask why, EvolutionRex? (Sorry if you posted your reasons earlier in the thread, for some reason this website loads about one page every five minutes for me, sigh) If the massive monetary hemorrhage that is the "War on Drugs" is any indication, a nationwide ban on alcohol (at least a successful one) isn't feasible. And we all saw how well Prohibition went. Not to mention, there are millions of people who imbibe alcohol for religious reasons (sacrament) and the other majority who use alcohol in a reasonable manner. For example, myself enjoying a Spotted Cow after a nasty midterm. :)

There are plenty of people who will use alcohol harmfully. But there are plenty of people who drive cars poorly, play video games excessively, or take any other normal taken-for-granted activity and turn it into something dangerous. I think an appropriate example for this would be likening it to abstinence-only education. Teach the children they have to avoid completely, they end up doing it anyway, and far more stupidly than they would have otherwise. Teach them how to enjoy things SAFELY, and you have far better results. :)

But the thing is the "people" smoke weed. People who smoke can't be very responsible in the first (not all the smokers) so weed doesn't help at all. Just makes them worse. So yes it's the people, but the people are the ones who do drugs you can't really fix the human species so, get rid of a drug that doesn't help misses up people's lives.

Excuse me? I work almost every day of the week, maybe getting an hour in between when I come home and go to school till late. And then getting up in the morning to do it all over again. I pay on my own for my car every month and school every month. This is for my future ..weed doesn't interfere even though I smoke it.
Try telling me I'm irresponsible now. May I ask how you're living your life?

I personally believe Alcohol should be illegal.

You're such a buzzkill, holy shit. How do you live? Do you sit in dark rooms all day?

Would this happen to be a good time to tell you I'm getting smashed today FOR THE HOLIDAY? Am I a bad person? ):

Last edited:

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
I can agree with Kit Kat here. Either way it is the people who are the problem in the discussion of weed. For example, there are drunks who constantly get drunk and set a bad example to non-drinkers while there are other people who might have a glass of wine at a dinner table which is completely fine and they would be considered highly elegant and intelligent.

Speaking on the topic of alchohol, what do you guys think of it and how has it affected your life?

I am sure it will affect more people than weed has.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
One of my uncles has had a few DUI's. Other than that, it hasn't affected my life too much.

I sometimes drink, but I don't really care for alcohol that much, or at least beer. I can only drink it in small gulps because I found out the hard way that if I try to chug it, I'll puke (although I might've chugged two at a college party, but they were only half full).

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Excuse me? I work almost every day of the week, maybe getting an hour in between when I come home and go to school till late. And then getting up in the morning to do it all over again. I pay on my own for my car every month and school every month. This is for my future ..weed doesn't interfere even though I smoke it.

You're such a buzzkill, holy shit. How do you live? Do you sit in dark rooms all day?

Would this happen to be a good time to tell you I'm getting smashed today FOR THE HOLIDAY? Am I a bad person? ):
First of all, if you had read my parenthesis you would see "(not all smokers)"

Second, i live very fine without drugs. I have actual fun, i am friendly and i live life doing good things like feeding the poor, helping out the elderly. I am part of an anti-bullying club. I don't waste my time with drugs. If i can live a good life without drugs, so can everyone else (unless they have emotional or physical problems, in which i suggest pills)

Profesco

gone gently

I raise a family. I maintain a working household on a below-poverty-line budget. I counsel people out of emotional dysfunction, sometimes suicide. I keep up a 4.0 GPA. I mod this jungle in my spare time.

I also play Russian Roulette every Friday night with the neighborhood children.

Responsible.

If i can live a good life without drugs, so can everyone else (unless they have emotional or physical problems, in which i suggest pills)

Exactly. You can all live just fine without drugs.

But if you can't, do pills.

Last edited:

Empoleon Bonaparte

I raise a family. I maintain a working household on a below-poverty-line budget. I counsel people out of emotional dysfunction, sometimes suicide. I keep up a 4.0 GPA. I mod this jungle in my spare time.

I also play Russian Roulette every Friday night with the neighborhood children.

Responsible.

A comparison between marijuana and putting a gun to your head?

Oh wait, this is the internet.

Profesco

gone gently
A comparison between marijuana and putting a gun to your head?

Oh wait, this is the internet.

The wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things analogies is that the details can be as ridiculous as you want them to be, so long as the logical steps being compared are the same.

Whimsy

No one is arguing that they need to smoke weed to stay alive. :p In fact, it's only really a problem when the user starts to believe that it is necessary--addiction--in which case they should seek medical help. Of course, drugs with addictive natures like meth, cocaine, and heroin should always be avoided just because the potential to use those safely and without consequences is way too low.

However, I don't see how someone using marijuana as an occasional relaxation activity is all that bad. Especially as the United States moves closer and closer to legalization, an act that will cut most of the negatives out. (No money to drug runners, etc) I mean, seriously, people have no problem zonking out in front of the television for 8 hours a night (which results in less brain activity than sleeping) but you think someone is immoral for smoking a joint and giggling in their bedroom for a few hours? I mean seriously, who are they hurting? Themselves? Not even. There's never even been one case of lung cancer attributed to marijuana smoke. Decreased brain function? Sure, if you go overboard, and there are still plenty of people who witness no cognitive deficiencies.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
There are a lot of blanket stereotypes going on in this thread..

Profesco

gone gently