• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How has drugs affected your life?

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
But back on topic, it still is, not because of doing weed, but because of the reason behind it.

He wanted to make more friends, so what?

Weed calms me down and keeps me focused, it's like ADHD medication.

But back on topic, it still is, not because of doing weed, but because of the reason behind it.
yeah but weed assisted it, it assisted in his depression and slow brain softening(brain softening is exaggerated but still) besides weed especially is a selfish thing to smoke, i mean with all the usesfor it why do most people use it in the stupidest way?

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
don't assume people on a pokemon forum are all the same if you dont know them. I dont like these kind of things but i do like serebii(<pretty contradicting i know) Im just not the kind of person that comes on here, but ive always did things that contradict my personality :p

Actually, I smoked for my first time because I wanted to know what being high felt like. I liked it, and I eventually became friends with the rest of the group because I was able to hang out with people.

Zwitter™

Surhomme
It could ruin your life forever. I mean, think about it. Hundreds, no, THOUSANDS of people have died because of smoking and/or drinking.
Think of the thousands, no, BILLIONS, who have died. Anything could kill you these days, it's simply a matter of risk v benefit. Weed could kill but it also calms you down and in my case makes music really good (heightened senses?) You could die from driving a car and crashing but it does get you to your destination a lot quicker and will be drier than walking if it's raining. Imo, the benefits of weed outweigh the slight risk of death.

However, I've lost contact with a friend through drug use. He started using ket, and ecstasy and has changed drastically in the past year. Harder drugs I have a problem with.

Finally smoking and alcohol.... I partake in both and I enjoy both. Smoking chills me out and I will fully admit that I'm addicted. Now tobacco is one of the the only legal substances actually proven to be carcinogenic and I know smoking is stupid but I take the risk anyway. Alcohol can be just as damaging when taken to extremes but I drink in moderation.

That is all I believe

Last edited:
First of all the drugs are not the issue for the things a lot of you seem to be blaming them for. Here comes the science.

The way it affected me was that I lost a best friend to weed and she is plunging into depression and I can't get her out. I hate it.
If anything the weed is a scapegoat for her to help deal with the depression, not the reason for the depression. Why is she depressed? Considering your location mentions Chuck Norris and based on your profile information you don't have an occupation, I'll just hedge a guess and say you're probably Seventeen. Which, unless you have older friends, would make your depressed friend around the same age. I'm sorry but depression at that age is most likely a result of attention whoring, or blowing things out of proportion more than anything else. It's teenage apathy and nothing more, and in particular at that age people are just finding themselves and are entering into the first stage of adulthood - Depression in teenagers is a big part of this transition, and it's going to last until at least 25 years of age. Trust me when I say it isn't the drugs making her depressed, she's just most likely using them as an outlet with the means of curbing her depression.

Hey, here's an idea - TALK TO HER. Try and get her to do something besides Weed. I dunno you provided a pretty miniscule amount of information and your post was basically OH IT MUST BE DRUGS.
I'm afraid that I'll be the first child in my family to graduate high school.
Why is this something to be afraid of? Be proud of it. I'm the only person from the current generation of my family to be going to University - Of a possible five people. I'm proud of that. You should be proud too!
I guess watching my sister experiences I learned much better which gives me a huge advantage in life.
Which is also something to celebrate.
Many people claim that weed ruins peoples' lives, but it actually helped mine.
You just said yourself "I found a group of friends I could confide in." It wasn't the weed that did it, it was probably finding some actual friends, weed or not. All the same that's good!
My Uncle used to work with a Drug Cartel in Mexico, he was a mere farmer he farmed marijuana, one night some one broke into his farm killed him and made of with the weed, the robbers later caught were found to be working for another drug cartel, that's how drugs have affected me.
This is probably going to be the most interesting post in this thread. You should all read it because holy fuck.
I know because I was in the top 12% of my graduating class and I did great in school, even after I started smoking.
That's a nice anecdote, but statistically speaking you're wrong. Weed is more or less proven to reduce cognitive ability (permanentley or not is still debated) and increase issues relating to paranoia and schizophrenia.
I've found out several of my friends are potheads and drunks, when I'm not, so we've started seeing each other less and less.
Why? Just because they're doing something they enjoy doesn't mean you should be judgemental and stop seeing them. I have a friend who's a heroin addict, but I still go and see her anyway. I have friends who like smashing amphetamines, but I go out with them anyway. You don't need to do what your friends do for them to still be your friends.
Now, i don't know anything about taking this stuff since I'm 12,
You're 12, get off the internet and go outside and play in the sunshine. You have no reason to be posting here.
Weed calms me down and keeps me focused, it's like ADHD medication.
You know what else is like ADHD medication? ADHD medication.
Weed could kill but it also calms you down and in my case makes music really good (heightened senses?)
You know what else calms you down and makes music really good? Spending an hour every day doing nothing but listening to it. Try it when you come home from college or whatever.
Imo, the benefits of weed outweigh the slight risk of death.
This doesn't make any sense. Stop not making sense. Read what you just wrote. Seriously.
I take the risk anyway
It isn't a risk.

Anyway. Now that I've finished dissecting all your posts I may as well actually contribute.

Think of a drug. Is it Heroin or Meth? If it is, think of another one. I've done it. Why? Because it's part of growing up, and finding out about what you like, what you dislike, and just going with the flow of things. If you get chance to try something then why the hell not try it? I've been addicted to Ketamine and smoked weed like the world was going to end, and it was AWESOME. But, I've done it. No need to keep doing it anymore, I've been there and whatnot. Looking back not a single part of me can say "Oh man why did I ever try that out?" Because that's a dumb way of looking at things.

However, I stopped. Because there's no point to it once you've done it, which is kind of my point. I've also recentley quit smoking and taken up a fitness plan, and I've curbed my drinking as well. Probably because I'm growing up more than anything else, and just want to get through this stage of my life in the best way I can.

The only advice I can really give you guys is don't knock it until you've tried it, but don't take that as me advocating trying it for the sake of it either - Do what you feel! Don't blame drugs for any problems you or your friends are facing either, because the root of the problem is the person taking the drugs and using them as an outlet for whatever problems they're being faced with. The addiction eventually adds to the initial problem and it just snowballs into a gigantic clusterfuck, but who's to blame for letting that clusterfuck happen? Oh, right, the person. Not the drugs.

So chill out, live a little. Dabble here and there if you want, then look back on all the good times you had, and be glad for them.

Last edited:

Shedinja705

An outcast...
Think of the thousands, no, BILLIONS, who have died. Anything could kill you these days, it's simply a matter of risk v benefit. Weed could kill but it also calms you down and in my case makes music really good (heightened senses?) You could die from driving a car and crashing but it does get you to your destination a lot quicker and will be drier than walking if it's raining. Imo, the benefits of weed outweigh the slight risk of death.
.....why do you think i said it could kill you. If you look in your quote, I said it could ruin your life forever. However, I was mistaken on the fact that BILLLIONS have died. I miscalculated that. If man had never discovered smoking and drugs, life would be a lot better than it is now.

Zwitter™

Surhomme
. However, I was mistaken on the fact that BILLLIONS have died. I miscalculated that. If man had never discovered smoking and drugs, life would be a lot better than it is now.

sorry mate that was sarcasm.... that was just a general count of everyone who has ever died to imply that we all do some day.

also if i hadn't discovered smoking to calm myself down i would imagine that i wouldn't be posting here right now

jb08045 said:
Smoking is for ****-Fu/kers, live the life of the sober one, become sober, become Straight Edge.
Guy below me said:
I DON'T GIVE A CRAP!!! I'LL MAKE MY D***ED POINT IF I WANTS TOO!!!! >_<
bleh
[img139]http://i53.*******.com/119taqg.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Shedinja705

An outcast...
you're 12, get off the internet and go outside and play in the sunshine. You have no reason to be posting here.
I DON'T GIVE A CRAP!!! I'LL MAKE MY D***ED POINT IF I WANTS TOO!!!! >_<
bleh

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
First of all the drugs are not the issue for the things a lot of you seem to be blaming them for. Here comes the science.

If anything the weed is a scapegoat for her to help deal with the depression, not the reason for the depression. Why is she depressed? Considering your location mentions Chuck Norris and based on your profile information you don't have an occupation, I'll just hedge a guess and say you're probably Seventeen. Which, unless you have older friends, would make your depressed friend around the same age. I'm sorry but depression at that age is most likely a result of attention whoring, or blowing things out of proportion more than anything else. It's teenage apathy and nothing more, and in particular at that age people are just finding themselves and are entering into the first stage of adulthood - Depression in teenagers is a big part of this transition, and it's going to last until at least 25 years of age. Trust me when I say it isn't the drugs making her depressed, she's just most likely using them as an outlet with the means of curbing her depression.

Hey, here's an idea - TALK TO HER. Try and get her to do something besides Weed. I dunno you provided a pretty miniscule amount of information and your post was basically OH IT MUST BE DRUGS.

Ok if that is what you want.

Me and her are both at the age of fifteen but I truly believe it is the drugs that are making her depressed even though she believes that smoking weed and getting high makes her real "in reality." She has already done stuff she has regretted (I am not going to say) while she was high. I have done my research, I know smoking weed is not as bad as everyone says but it CAN change your life. For better or for worse. But can you really imagine? Your friend who for years has said she would never do drugs or anything, that we would make it through high school, just call you one day all high and encouraging you to do the damned stuff as well. It hurts whenever she gets high and starts to talk to me now. I even insist that she stop and see a doctor or psychologist about it but she doesn't want to go. I know her depression is caused by family, relationships, friends, etc. But one, her "relationships" or being a **** is all caused while she was high and she regrets doing all of it. Now I'm going to stop from here before I go on a rage rant.

Either way we both live in miami and we are both 15.

I also live in Miami by the way.

Yeah it's nothing to worry about man. Just chill and let her do her thing, while you do yours. Being like that at 15, especially where 'relationships' are concerned is pretty funny. Life is not in fact a Taylor Swift song.
Either way we both live in miami and we are both 15.

I also live in Miami by the way.
I do not live in Miami.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
Yeah it's nothing to worry about man. Just chill and let her do her thing, while you do yours. Being like that at 15, especially where 'relationships' are concerned is pretty funny. Life is not in fact a Taylor Swift song.

I do not live in Miami.

Sorry said miami twice.

It is something to worry about. While your philosophy is to do everything now so you don't regret it later I am different. I hate weed, I have never tried it and will never like to try it either. I'd rather buy it then burn it right on the face on the dealer, an ironic death. Also I don't believe in that Taylor swift thing.

Either way back on topic, I realize most of you smoke weed or have done drugs. Know one thing, It affects your friendships, and it does affect brain capability and school work for some. I am not going to critisize any of you for doing it but sll I want to say is that drugs will affect the people closest to you. You may disagree, but its my philosophy and I am entitled to my own opinion.

sorry what? i've tried living the life of the sober one and it isn't for me. And i really can't tell what you've called us.... learn to star-out properly
Thats why his post is just this;

[img139]http://i53.*******.com/119taqg.jpg[/img139]

VVVVV Oh great, a derogative that uses homosexuality as the driving force.

Last edited: