• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How has drugs affected your life?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Meh..>.> anyway Stright-Edge is only way the world can be a better place, imma bout to run for mayor.

Zwitter™

Surhomme
This doesn't make any sense. Stop not making sense. Read what you just wrote. Seriously.

However, I stopped. Because there's no point to it once you've done it, which is kind of my point. I've also recentley quit smoking and taken up a fitness plan, and I've curbed my drinking as well. Probably because I'm growing up more than anything else, and just want to get through this stage of my life in the best way I can.
back on topic...

I see what you mean about not making sense. Given that it's 3am here i cba to re-word it right now. And as for calming everything down, i think you're right about it being due to growing up. Being only 18 i don't feel like i want to stop yet but i want to be clean by the time i finish uni.

Weed makes everyone the best of friends!

Anyways.
I used to smoke weed like ..a lot. I spent most of my days high as fuck.
I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to. This was mainly in my rebellious teen years.

It's life. I, myself, like experimenting and trying most things at least once in life. That's how I am. You can't hide from everything. That's not fun.
Just know what you're doing.

Mr Chili

In the trade market
.....why do you think i said it could kill you. If you look in your quote, I said it could ruin your life forever. However, I was mistaken on the fact that BILLLIONS have died. I miscalculated that. If man had never discovered smoking and drugs, life would be a lot better than it is now.

Really? you know that how? What about medicine, you realize that is considered drugs too.

Smoking is for ****-Fu/kers, live the life of the sober one, become sober, become Straight Edge.

When did this become a thread for absent minded people to tell everyone how to live? You!, my forum-monkey need to take that somewhere else.

I'm glad someone made this thread. This is for people can actually realize that drugs are bad.

My life has never been effected by drugs but several of my friends went from winning the spelling bee to "huhuhuh..what?"

I believe yanmegamaster made this thread to share stories, not to convince everyone that drugs are bad m'kay.

Do you know what would be a better thread, how has alcohol affected your life? Why is everyone in this thread bashing on marijuana? I would much rather deal with a room full of potheads than a room full of drunks.

My Uncle used to work with a Drug Cartel in Mexico, he was a mere farmer he farmed marijuana, one night some one broke into his farm killed him and made of with the weed, the robbers later caught were found to be working for another drug cartel, that's how drugs have affected me.
I guess I've also ran into a couple of druggies in public that have affected me, but those aren't a big deal.

the most worth while reply so far :O

C*ock F*uckers

Any better?

No not better at all.

I mean really? I've been smoking pot all my life, have done coke, acid, special k, shrooms, triple c's, cough syrup, I throw partys every saturday and drink until I walk out of my clothes, use to blow oxycodone and it never affected me negativity! I smoke weed every few months or so now, its fun, its a faster cheaper way to get messed up than getting drunk. I'm 20 I own my house, I'm a manager at the store I work at, and all through high school I was an AP student. I smoke pot because its fun and thats all there is to it. I can't say if it made my life better or worse, it really didn't affect my life at all.

Whats with the redundant time wasting posts on these threads? The only posts worth reading are the ones that come from the potheads or ex-potheads (joshYEAH), that says a lot for you 'straight edge folks' who are too brain dead to conjure a whole sentence. Does anyone here know what the topic of this thread is? For all you people who keep saying 'spelling bee', if your friends were once smart but now they're burn outs...then they weren't very smart to begin with were they? Also for the people who say 'I lost my best friend because she smoked that horrible reefer' need to realize that you are the one that suck because you can't deal with a plant being smoked.

This thread has become a thread full of suck due to knuckleheads (sorry yanmegamaster it was a good concept) I vote we close it =D vote stands at 1:0

Last edited:
Funny thing is, my favorite drug isn't weed. It's actually adderall. ): It's legal as a prescription at least!! I wish my doctor would prescribe me that instead of boring Prozac lol.
That crap makes me able to climb freaking walls.

Mr Chili

In the trade market
Funny thing is, my favorite drug isn't weed. It's actually adderall. ): It's legal as a prescription at least!! I wish my doctor would prescribe me that instead of boring Prozac lol.
That crap makes me able to climb freaking walls.

O snap I love adderall :O

It helps me focus, so its a positive thing.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
one of my cousins died of a heroin overdose a few years back, that's probably the worst thing that's happened to me because of drugs. it was terrible because the dealer was one of her friends and he stopped her other friends from calling 911 in time because he didn't want to get busted. and of course he ended up getting in trouble anyway when she died so it was completely stupid.

other than that, one of my other cousins got into a lot of trouble because of oxycotin but i don't know the specifics on that except it caused a lot of drama, and my little brother smoking pot caused a lot of drama in the family as well. glad that happened only a short time before i left lol.

Mr Chili

In the trade market
Who are you to vote on anything?

Anyways.....I got beating up by pothead before....my brother owed him money....if everybody was straight edge, we wouldn't have this problem.

same as you to say the world would be a better place without drugs :D any way your brother should have paid him.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
use to blow oxycodone

Damn, all I do is pop 'em.

Seriously though, if your friend/sibling/cousin/significant other/etc. is depressed, stop blaming the drugs. Why don't you just take the time to talk to them and see if you can help them out? JoshYEAH is right, the drugs are an outlet, not the cause. If anything, you are only noticing that they are depressed now because people tend to be more open about what they are feeling (at least from personal experience, can't vouch for everyone).

O snap I love adderall :O

It helps me focus, so its a positive thing.

The only bad thing about it is, to sleep on it is like impossible. And no sleep + adderall is like ..not so cool. At the time though, you're still in that great mood so it's not that bad!!
Two nights straight and I had to go to work and my eyes were dilated like woooah. And I was telling random people my life stories because I was so out of it. It was so bad. It was so obvious I was on something.

Anyways.....I got beating up by pothead before....my brother owed him money....if everybody was straight edge, we wouldn't have this problem.

That's kind of sad.
Was he high at the time?
I can't picture stoners being violent tbh. It just doesn't fit right.

I can picture pretty much anyone being violent when money is owed but not being paid.

[img139]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/474/img7156.jpg[/img139]

Even her.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
People, people. I did this thread so that people could share stories and I could see how it affected them, whether it be worse or better than how it affected me.

I would have put this on the debate topic if I chose to debate on whether it is bad or not.

Anyways, continue with your stories.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
I mean really? I've been smoking pot all my life, have done coke, acid, special k, shrooms, triple c's, cough syrup, I throw partys every saturday and drink until I walk out of my clothes, use to blow oxycodone and it never affected me negativity! I smoke weed every few months or so now, its fun, its a faster cheaper way to get messed up than getting drunk. I'm 20 I own my house, I'm a manager at the store I work at, and all through high school I was an AP student. I smoke pot because its fun and thats all there is to it. I can't say if it made my life better or worse, it really didn't affect my life at all.

Whats with the redundant time wasting posts on these threads? The only posts worth reading are the ones that come from the potheads or ex-potheads (joshYEAH), that says a lot for you 'straight edge folks' who are too brain dead to conjure a whole sentence. Does anyone here know what the topic of this thread is? For all you people who keep saying 'spelling bee', if your friends were once smart but now they're burn outs...then they weren't very smart to begin with were they? Also for the people who say 'I lost my best friend because she smoked that horrible reefer' need to realize that you are the one that suck because you can't deal with a plant being smoked.

This thread has become a thread full of suck due to knuckleheads (sorry yanmegamaster it was a good concept) I vote we close it =D vote stands at 1:0

That is because most straight edge folks have had their lives affected by "potheads" in a negative away, like me. Don't think I do not understand that it is not something extremely bad and that it is a way to enjoy yourself. In fact I am a hypocrite, I have gotten drunk before. Anyways, it is a good idea and it will stay one. I made this thread only for people to share there stories.

So following that, I'ma make a rules list.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
First of all the drugs are not the issue for the things a lot of you seem to be blaming them for. Here comes the science.

If anything the weed is a scapegoat for her to help deal with the depression, not the reason for the depression. Why is she depressed? Considering your location mentions Chuck Norris and based on your profile information you don't have an occupation, I'll just hedge a guess and say you're probably Seventeen. Which, unless you have older friends, would make your depressed friend around the same age. I'm sorry but depression at that age is most likely a result of attention whoring, or blowing things out of proportion more than anything else. It's teenage apathy and nothing more, and in particular at that age people are just finding themselves and are entering into the first stage of adulthood - Depression in teenagers is a big part of this transition, and it's going to last until at least 25 years of age. Trust me when I say it isn't the drugs making her depressed, she's just most likely using them as an outlet with the means of curbing her depression.

Hey, here's an idea - TALK TO HER. Try and get her to do something besides Weed. I dunno you provided a pretty miniscule amount of information and your post was basically OH IT MUST BE DRUGS.

Why is this something to be afraid of? Be proud of it. I'm the only person from the current generation of my family to be going to University - Of a possible five people. I'm proud of that. You should be proud too!

Which is also something to celebrate.

You just said yourself "I found a group of friends I could confide in." It wasn't the weed that did it, it was probably finding some actual friends, weed or not. All the same that's good!

This is probably going to be the most interesting post in this thread. You should all read it because holy fuck.

That's a nice anecdote, but statistically speaking you're wrong. Weed is more or less proven to reduce cognitive ability (permanentley or not is still debated) and increase issues relating to paranoia and schizophrenia.

Why? Just because they're doing something they enjoy doesn't mean you should be judgemental and stop seeing them. I have a friend who's a heroin addict, but I still go and see her anyway. I have friends who like smashing amphetamines, but I go out with them anyway. You don't need to do what your friends do for them to still be your friends.

You're 12, get off the internet and go outside and play in the sunshine. You have no reason to be posting here.

You know what else is like ADHD medication? ADHD medication.

You know what else calms you down and makes music really good? Spending an hour every day doing nothing but listening to it. Try it when you come home from college or whatever.

This doesn't make any sense. Stop not making sense. Read what you just wrote. Seriously.

It isn't a risk.

Anyway. Now that I've finished dissecting all your posts I may as well actually contribute.

Think of a drug. Is it Heroin or Meth? If it is, think of another one. I've done it. Why? Because it's part of growing up, and finding out about what you like, what you dislike, and just going with the flow of things. If you get chance to try something then why the hell not try it? I've been addicted to Ketamine and smoked weed like the world was going to end, and it was AWESOME. But, I've done it. No need to keep doing it anymore, I've been there and whatnot. Looking back not a single part of me can say "Oh man why did I ever try that out?" Because that's a dumb way of looking at things.

However, I stopped. Because there's no point to it once you've done it, which is kind of my point. I've also recentley quit smoking and taken up a fitness plan, and I've curbed my drinking as well. Probably because I'm growing up more than anything else, and just want to get through this stage of my life in the best way I can.

The only advice I can really give you guys is don't knock it until you've tried it, but don't take that as me advocating trying it for the sake of it either - Do what you feel! Don't blame drugs for any problems you or your friends are facing either, because the root of the problem is the person taking the drugs and using them as an outlet for whatever problems they're being faced with. The addiction eventually adds to the initial problem and it just snowballs into a gigantic clusterfuck, but who's to blame for letting that clusterfuck happen? Oh, right, the person. Not the drugs.

So chill out, live a little. Dabble here and there if you want, then look back on all the good times you had, and be glad for them.

Really? you know that how? What about medicine, you realize that is considered drugs too.

When did this become a thread for absent minded people to tell everyone how to live? You!, my forum-monkey need to take that somewhere else.

I believe yanmegamaster made this thread to share stories, not to convince everyone that drugs are bad m'kay.

Do you know what would be a better thread, how has alcohol affected your life? Why is everyone in this thread bashing on marijuana? I would much rather deal with a room full of potheads than a room full of drunks.

the most worth while reply so far :O

No not better at all.

These are easily the best-worded posts in this thread.

Anyway, I actually have another story.

A few years ago, my cousin did drugs, particularly inhalants, which can actually kill you if you even do them once. He eventually went into rehab for it, and now, he's a healthy, muscular man, and I'm glad that inhalants didn't take his life from him.

i smoke weed, and i guess it's affected me positively and negatively. it's helped me socially, i go out and smoke and even before i'm high i can talk to people and stuff because honestly i'm not at all social, but it's a bad habit i've gotten myself into. eh.

Ethan

Banned
That is because most straight edge folks have had their lives affected by "potheads" in a negative away, like me. Don't think I do not understand that it is not something extremely bad and that it is a way to enjoy yourself. In fact I am a hypocrite, I have gotten drunk before. Anyways, it is a good idea and it will stay one. I made this thread only for people to share there stories.

So following that, I'ma make a rules list.

Don't bother making a rules list when you can't even follow the simplest ones, like not double posting. Further quit trying so hard to control the flow of discussion. Members will talk about what they want so long as its on topic. Just because an argument happens to occur doesn't mean it needs to go in the debate forum.

tldr; Chill out.

kochoupink

butts lol
I can't help but wonder if drugs interfere with subject-verb agreement.

Also, ITT Josh is a positive influence and I am confused.

I have no stories to share. Have to save something for Never Have I Ever.
I am often drunk, but I am not a very interesting drunk.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Drugs are awesome when you slip them into drinks at parties.