• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How have you been amazed and confused by Pokemon Special?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No he states it's the same one

Manchee

extra toasty
I still love Red's Eevee and how it could change into the three evolutions it had at the time, and how it then evolved and had that "problem" fixed. I thought that was really cool the first time I read it, and kind of sweet too that the poor Eevee used as an experiment could become a normal Pokémon after being caught ^^

Still not getting how Emerald even moves...or how he's so small, like, I know it some sort of illness, but come on! He's like a foot tall!

lolipiece

Staff member
Stop exaggerating

He's not that small...

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Not sure it's really amazing but I always liked Blue (girl's) floating Jigglypuff. It reminds me a bit of how Jiggly moved in Smash Bros. In a weird way it makes sense for a "Balloon" poke to fly, makes me wish Jigglys could do that in-game, v. creative solve for her bird phobia. Prof Oak exploiting her fear was another good aspect as Blue often used "tricks" to win her fight, so the Prof turning the tables was cute. The way he forgave her thievery was also sweet.

lolipiece

Staff member
But she had it before she got the phobia

Faraway_Mew

Mew, mew... mew?
I was amazed by the way they portrayed the very first set of Elite Four. I liked the way Mato drew Lance, he looked awesome. Though they were villains, they are probably the set of E4 which had the most limelight =D

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
I was amazed by the way they portrayed the very first set of Elite Four. I liked the way Mato drew Lance, he looked awesome. Though they were villains, they are probably the set of E4 which had the most limelight =D
Hahaha, in fact I believe the main reason they had that limelight was because they were villains. =D The main villains are always going to be the main focus 'til they're beaten, hahaha. I do agree that I really liked it as well. ^^ To be honest, I've been impressed with how Kusaka has portrayed the Elite Four every time.
In Yellow, he was very creative and decided to make them evil (with the RBGY game sprites you can't really blame him, haha) which was a neat twist and actually made a lot of sense. Most people in power tend to be corrupt anyway, and it was interesting how he made them think they were doing good instead of evil, almost making them like anti-hero characters.
In Gold/Silver/Crystal, there was no Elite Four. But he still managed to do interesting things with them, such as making Karen and Will actually be Masked Children and be connected to Blue (female) and Silver; and made Koga and Bruno reform for their evil ways and actually help Red and Green (guy) out. Then best of all I love how he had them to meet at the end of GSC and had them talk about joining together, to foreshadow them becoming the Elite Four. (and in HGSS, we find out that they became the new official Elite Four of Johto)
In Ruby/Sapphire, although the Elite Four didn't do much, they still seemed impressive. They all had a lot of character about them, and even though they were all good he decided to focus more on the "power" aspect of them. He made them all be able to get and control the three Hoenn Regis, and they were even able to use the power from them to prevent the entire region from being destroyed.
And although we haven't seen the Sinnoh and Unova Elite Four yet, I'm sure we will soon enough. (with Sinnoh we may see them at the end of DP next volume with Sird appearing, or at the very latest sometime in Platinum) And I can't wait to see what he'll do with them this time around... Especially Unova's, because with Black wanting to challenge the League/Elite Four/Champion, it means he'll not only battle them but they'll probably be pretty important and may even get their own arc (or mini arc in one of the Unova arcs) like with Yellow. Granted they play their cards right Unova's could be the best ones yet. ^^

Last edited:

JBmediafanatic

I was really amazed with Red's changing eevee. I really like this idea and the way it worked. I also liked how it was tied to Team Rocket as an experiment.

BTW I just recently started reading the Viz releases of Pokemon Adventures, I'm not very far, But I am enjoying it so far :)

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
^lolipiece YEs but I imagine she kept Jiggly on the team & did not replace it w/ a bird (like Crys' Natu) b/c of her fear. That is the resourceful part of her chara I admire, I do wish she'd be more honest sometimes but then she wouldn't be Blue.
^JBmedia etc. That Eevee was v. cool
tho it loses the transforming power after it evolves, I think Red's Eevee/Espeon may do more in the manga. I keep hoping that they expand on the scene where it was hanging w/ Ditto... I think one of the Dex Holders ought to get an egg. Gold as the hatcher or Dia the TV fan whose anime dream-team matches Red;s would be good Eevee owners IMO
The team lineups are great for hinting at later gens.
They have been doing that w/ every gen it seems, giving a poke that will later see it's evo family expand such as Silver's Sneasel, Gold's Aipom, etc. Platinum's Pachirisu will probly continue the pattern should she appear in BW.)

Iron Predator

Demolition Trainer
You know what confuses me in the manga? How Blue is Green and Blue green in the Japanese ones!!!! D=
;071;

matt0044

You know what confuses me in the manga? How Blue is Green and Blue green in the Japanese ones!!!! D=
;071;

Blue is Green in America because of the games.

lolipiece

Staff member
Well not to nit pick

that FireRed and LeafGreen scene wouldn't happen until at least 5 years after Adventures came out in English...so it's not really their fault

Darkxninga

Well it's still dumb, it makes a line in FRLG series make no sense what so ever.
;409;

Ya know heres something that still confuses me. What did the phrase "Firered and leafgreen,eh?" really mean? I know it was refering to green the boy but..why was it needed in the manga (I think mewtwo said this line) which I thought was odd and random.. Is it because red...had the same pokemon... on the cover of the game and etc [and the same with green (boy)]?... Still an odd thing to me.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
It was because Red and Green had switched Saur and Charizard

Green had the Grass Type

and Red had the Fire Type

Fire(Charizard)Red(The Dex holder)

Leaf(Venusaur)Green(The Dex holder)

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
It was because Red and Green had switched Saur and Charizard

Green had the Grass Type

and Red had the Fire Type

Fire(Charizard)Red(The Dex holder)

Leaf(Venusaur)Green(The Dex holder)

That must've been confusing for the English dub where the generic rival character was dubbed Blue, and the female counterpart was dubbed Green. He could've been asking from that standpoint. Also yes Pokemon Special, you just had to say a title of your game in the manga to promote it!