1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How I trade with myself using 1 smarthphone and 1 nintendo switch ?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by FabioManoel1977, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:35 PM.

1. Sorry bad english

How I trade with myself using 1 smarthphone and 1 nintendo switch ?

I already tried android emulator on windows to try to open pokemon home and trade with my smartphone, but, it failed.

I guess should work nicely with 2 smartphone, too bad I have just one.

I wanted to start a new game and capture a new Zacian, but, without lose my current save file. I already created a new user but I cannot access the same pokemon home vault box...

2. Metafogos

Metafogos Well-Known Member

I think you can link the new user to same nintendo account.

3. I am trying to do it but not works.

4. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

I’ve noticed that you can change users in the Switch version of Home. You can transfer Pokémon from any user into Home with the Switch, and it doesn’t seem like you would need two smartphones.

In regards to transferring items like the Rusted Sword/Shield, it doesn’t seem to be possible on Home. The only option for that might be to find someone who you can trade directly with.

5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

That's frustrating for anyone who doesn't have that option, unless you can form a trade room with a friend online, since not everyone has friends nearby to do that with or a second Switch to do that with on their own.

6. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Yeah it can be pretty annoying. I was figuring this out myself since I’m also going through a new game to get an extra Zamazenta to trade with someone. To make things more frustrating, you can’t trade items over GTS even though it was possible in previous games. After realizing the item issue, I’m wondering why Zacian/Zamazenta trades are being done over GTS right now if the item can’t go with the Pokémon. Places like this forum would be convenient enough to organize trades with others, although it can still be difficult for people to find the times available in their own schedules.

7. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

They can do so, minus the item. Yea, but I still hate the trade setup like the plague and now with jerks messing with surprise trade, it makes dex completion that much harder for anyone who wants to avoid link trading.