• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How is Pokemon X in Tier X?

But he is way too easy to counter.

What good is that if someone uses one of the above counters?

You guys forget that roar nullifies all the changes, don't you?

There's also choice scarf combined with trick or taunt.

They help me prove my point.

The point is that every decent team counters ninjask pretty hard, because they will always have at least one of the above mentioned traits.

Okay, so you go on and on about how much Ninjask can be countered. How about Baton Passers in general then, why do people use those? Why are they OU? Or perhaps we could just look at every single flaw or counter to every single other Pokemon and question why people even play Pokemon?

Honestly. Be more open-minded to what the good aspects of something are and then look at the bad and see if they really outweigh the good.

And to the guy giving me a ling to smogon, scroll down to the counter section.

They help me prove my point.
Every single pokemon (Garchomp is the exception in OU) can be countered, so your statement doesn't really counts

hobby

Garchomp can be countered (it takes careful planning and only set pokemon can do it but it is possible), but I do not really want to turn this into an OMG CHOMP PWNS TEH NOOBZ discussion.

There are valid arguments for Ninjask being OU and valid arguments for it not being there. The simpe reasons for it being there are that is it the best BPer in the game and that so many people use it, testing in lower tiers may also show that it would be unruly in UU. It is one of the more debated Pokemon (like Donphan) but it is in OU for the moment and will probably stay there for the foreseeable future...

Last edited:

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Baton Passing with a Ninjask is the easiest way to baton pass. You don't even really have to do anything. You hardly even have to react to an opponent. Just sub away and be a pro. Even a trained monkey can do it. It's that simple. That's why people use Ninjask.

"I'm use a Ninjask baton pass 'strategy'! Cleary I am a formiddable opponent!"

Alloute

Not Banned
I think because it's Speed stat gets too high right?

And with Baton Pass, the thing is useful.

MustGetPlatinum

Well, you probably didn't know how to use it and tried to really battle another Pokemon with Ninjask rather than using Baton Pass.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
The point is that every decent team counters ninjask pretty hard, because they will always have at least one of the above mentioned traits. Hell, 60% of shoddy teams have skarm on them, and we know what move all skarms know.

False.
I battle on Shoddy quite a bit. Skarmory is very very uncommon nowadays.

daveshan

My little friend
Ok, after using ninjask, I can safely say that he ****ing sucks. And no.This is ont a complaint thread. I just wanna know how the hell he's still OU. I know you can BP stat uppers and all that and blah blah. But he is way too easy to counter. Lets see there's :

-Roar/Whirlwind

Yeah. Everyone and their mother has skarm on their team. He's not the only one that can do this either.

-Taunt

Forces the ninjask user to switch to something else because ninjask can't hurt anyone worth a crap and can't survive anything

-Trick

Switches with a choice item or whatever, and you know the rest

-Priority moves

There are over 9000 of these this generation. sucker punch, bullet punch, ice shard, mach punch, and like 6 others that I'm too lazy to list

-Trick room

Yeah. all of his speed boosts end up making him slow as hell.

There are probably more counters that I'm forgetting, but it baffles me how a pokemon that can be owned so easily is still OU. 98% of standard teams have at least one of these traits. Bump the sucker down to UU.

Ninjask is a lead and is fast. If it uses substitute first turn, roar, taunt, and trick are useless.

Priority moves'll break sub, but you could still get the speed boost.

Trick room screws with 99% of pokemon and strategies. You may as well say gengar and infernape are useless because of this.

calum

Banned
Cress counters Chomp easy as pie

So do so many other things

Some people are just plain stupid because if Garchomp was unconterable it wouldn't be a suspect for OU, would it.

Now on to Ninjask.

Many leads like Azelf, Mamoswine, Jirachi, Bronzong, Infernape, etc cannot do anything to Ninjask. And no Jirachi cannot Trick Ninjask, because Ninjask will Protect and then next turn will be faster. Jirachi will then have to switch as it is now locked into Trick. As for the other leads any sensible battler if they have no answer to Ninjask as many often dont will set up Stealth Rocks to make it a lot harder for Jask to come back in Mid to Late game, yet again giving him a free Sub.

Ninjask is also the only pokemon in the whole game who can guarantee one speed pass no matter what happen. It can then send this speed boost to something like Heatran, practically making it ScarfTran but has freedom of move choice.

Ninjask can finally also guarantee the set up of Sunny Day / Rain Dance. Protect turn 1, he will then be much faster than the opponent and be able to set up no matter what. With given EVs Ninjask can survive most priority attacks. And Trick Room, doesn't matter as the sash will come into play and none of the auto-weather inducers learn TR.

On another note, Ninjask works as a great lure for the likes of Skarm and any other phazer, who could ruin, say a curselax sweep you had set up for lategame.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Cress counters Chomp easy as pie

So do so many other things

Some people are just plain stupid because if Garchomp was unconterable it wouldn't be a suspect for OU, would it.

Hah, I agree with you on one thing. Some people are just plain stupid.

Other than that, enjoy losing 2 pokemon in the process of "countering" garchomp =)

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Cause Smogon does whatever the h*ll they want.

Because he's a good baton passer. Thats the only thing keeping him in OU.

Chaos Rush

Just because Smogon says Ninjask is OU doesn't mean Ninjask is OU.

Heck, OU is just a Smogon tier. Who cares.

Shining Aruseus

Eight words:

Ninjask is OU because Smogon says it's OU.

----

And that doesn't mean it IS OverUsed.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
*headdesks*

AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, GARCHOMP CANNOT BE FREAKING COUNTERED, DAMMIT! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS!

Garchomp is a pile of crap why does everyone insist its so good?

Ok, that was probably an exagerration, but seriously:

Froslass + Ice Beam + STAB + 4x supereffective + possible ice booster like Ice Plate = Dead Garchomp. It works everytime for me [and yet why do I get the feeling people are going to go off on one at me for utttering this unholy post]

End?

Last edited:

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist

A unique base speed stat, which allows it to outspeed base 100s and those slower, that's over 81% of the metagame.

Now combine that with two STABs that hit all but LeviZong and Skarmory for neutral damage, and 134 base Attack.

And to beat a dead horse even more, add in Yache Berry, eliminating one of its two weaknesses, and Swords Dance, providing a quick boost to its already monster attack.

No, I'm not finished, add 108 base HP and above average defenses, and what do you have?

A serious problem.

Froslass + Ice Beam + STAB + 4x supereffective + possible ice booster like Ice Plate = Dead Garchomp. It works everytime for me [and yet why do I get the feeling people are going to go off on one at me for utttering this unholy post]

Yache Berry. Also, Icicle Plate sucks.

And don't reply to this, seriously. We're off topic enough as it is.

Also, a little tidbit, Ninjask has been moving from BL to OU from time to time in the past nine months.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.

Ok, that was probably an exagerration, but seriously:

End?

Get out. OUT. OUUUUT.
Garchomp is Uber and will stay Uber.

I think it's because you can't really switch into Garchomp without sacrificing any of your Pokemon in the process. You can't straight-on kill it - but it is possible to revenge kill it, what with Weavile, Starmie and [as you said] Froslass having higher base speed than it (and maybe with a Choice Scarf, since IIRC it's common with it). And even then, if it still was in OU, it can just put on a Yache Berry and be on its way. x_X

ANYWAY:

Everything in OU can be countered. That's why they're still there. If they get too predictable / too many counters, their OU spot is taken away. But if they aren't, they're here to stay. Nothing outside of Choice Scarf users and Deoxys-S is faster than Ninjask, and even then, it'll just use Protect. One Speed Boost is enough for it to outspeed most Scarf users IIRC, and it could Baton Pass it to someone who needs it.

Last edited: