• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How is Pokemon X in Tier X?

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Just for those who don't know, ther tier lists are getting redone sometime in the next week or two. I expect to be seeing Dugtrio become UU. Porygon 2 and Umbreon may become OU. Cloyster and Torterra will probably move up from NU to UU. Rhydon might move up to UU aswell.

These are just predictions, but I think some of them are likely to happen.

I thought in Smogon the classified Rhydon and Porygon 2 as NFE.

jellsprout

NFE is no tier. All NFE Pokémon are classified in tiers the same way as fully evolved Pokémon.

dd2014

Gardevior= Hottie!!!
Just for those who don't know, ther tier lists are getting redone sometime in the next week or two. I expect to be seeing Dugtrio become UU. Porygon 2 and Umbreon may become OU. Cloyster and Torterra will probably move up from NU to UU. Rhydon might move up to UU aswell.

These are just predictions, but I think some of them are likely to happen.

I doubt Porygon 2 will be upped, but Torterra will be bumped...

And as everyone else has said, don't be blasting Ninjask-a good swords dancer for sure!!!

Erienne

Anime high :D
I don't think that Porygon 2 should be classified as NFE, since it is pretty good by itself. Rhydon also, but I guess it could fit too.

Gardevoir should be bumped from UU to Borderline, since it has 125 Sp. Atk and can easily outspeed a Porygon-2 or use a Shadow Ball to KO an Alakazam. But that's soleument moi, non?

I don't really see how Arcanine is classified as UnderUsed. I saw a lot of them on PBR Wi-Fi last month. I'm seeing a few Quagsire and Charizard on Wi-Fi as well, and I can't remember the last time I ran into a Blissey.

TogeticTheRuler

Blissey has been dropping in usage in general.

The tiering was based off shoddy battle so it would be 6v6 battles instead of 3v3, where Weavile dominates PBR but sucks in other ones.

PKMN Legend Anthony

Water Gym Leader.
Ok, after using ninjask, I can safely say that he ****ing sucks. And no.This is ont a complaint thread. I just wanna know how the hell he's still OU. I know you can BP stat uppers and all that and blah blah. But he is way too easy to counter. Lets see there's :

-Roar/Whirlwind

Yeah. Everyone and their mother has skarm on their team. He's not the only one that can do this either.

-Taunt

Forces the ninjask user to switch to something else because ninjask can't hurt anyone worth a crap and can't survive anything

-Trick

Switches with a choice item or whatever, and you know the rest

-Priority moves

There are over 9000 of these this generation. sucker punch, bullet punch, ice shard, mach punch, and like 6 others that I'm too lazy to list

-Trick room

There are probably more counters that I'm forgetting, but it baffles me how a pokemon that can be owned so easily is still OU. 98% of standard teams have at least one of these traits. Bump the sucker down to UU.
Its called Substitue and high Spd

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Ok, after using ninjask, I can safely say that he ****ing sucks. And no.This is ont a complaint thread. I just wanna know how the hell he's still OU. I know you can BP stat uppers and all that and blah blah. But he is way too easy to counter. Lets see there's :

-Roar/Whirlwind

Yeah. Everyone and their mother has skarm on their team. He's not the only one that can do this either.
Substitute. all that does is waste the roar/whirlwinders turn and further boosts ninjask
-Taunt

Forces the ninjask user to switch to something else because ninjask can't hurt anyone worth a crap and can't survive anything
Even if taunt successfully makes its way through ou can switch out into something that easily destroy it. the most common taunters would be weavile and aerodactyl. they fall to stone edge and weavile will get screwed by pokes with mach punch/vacuum wave.
-Trick

Subsitute simple. the only way you coud trick Ninjask is if you put it up on Deoxys-S. so once again null
-Priority moves

There are over 9000 of these this generation. sucker punch, bullet punch, ice shard, mach punch, and like 6 others that I'm too lazy to list
The only ones that can do real damage is ice shard, and sucker punch. But those are pretty predictable besides priority moves are pretty rare on leads(maybe except on weavile)
-Trick room

Yeah. all of his speed boosts end up making him slow as hell.
Funny he'll probaly already have out a sub and even then he could just plain switch out

There are probably more counters that I'm forgetting, but it baffles me how a pokemon that can be owned so easily is still OU. 98% of standard teams have at least one of these traits. Bump the sucker down to UU.

Comments in bold

Last edited:

Chowza

Cannibals are <3

-Roar/Whirlwind

-Taunt

-Trick

-Priority moves

-Trick room

Yeah. all of his speed boosts end up making him slow as hell.

i c wut u did thar

jellsprout

Substitute. all that does is waste the roar/whirlwinders turn and further boosts ninjask

Substitute doesn't block Roar/Whirlwind.

Even if taunt successfully makes its way through ou can switch out into something that easily destroy it. the most common taunters would be weavile and aerodactyl. they fall to stone edge and weavile will get screwed by pokes with mach punch/vacuum wave.

Azelf is more used than both of those. And besides, you forced the Ninjask out. Isn't that the whole point?
And remember that Substitute doesn't block Taunt.

Subsitute simple. the only way you coud trick Ninjask is if you put it up on Deoxys-S. so once again null

Unless you Protect first turn, most Scarfers are faster than Ninjask.

The only ones that can do real damage is ice shard, and sucker punch. But those are pretty predictable besides priority moves are pretty rare on leads(maybe except on weavile)

Metagross, the most used lead on Shoddy often carries Bullet Punch. Scizor, the most Pokémon on Shoddy always carries Bullet Punch. There is also Mamoswine, who is gaining popularity as a lead. Several other leads, such as Infernape, carry Fake Out.
You seem to be overestimating Ninjask's base 61 HP and base 45 Defence.

Funny he'll probaly already have out a sub and even then he could just plain switch out

You still force him out. Mission accomplished.

With regards to Gardevoir being UU, rather than BL, most people obviously don't find it overpowering because it was only 48th last month. It was less used than Porygon 2, Scyther, Houndoom, Medicham and Sceptile. If it had the potential to be BL, it would be getting at least into the top 25.

And, for Arcanine, it's UU because it doesn't get enough usage to be OU. It is less used than Uxie, Clefable, Spiritomb and Roserade, who are UU also.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Well it weird that weezing and lanturn isnt OU. im seeing alot of them lately

spareux

maldición
Well it weird that weezing and lanturn isnt OU. im seeing alot of them lately

Both of those are probably because they have to fit very specefic niches if used in an OU team.

Gardevoir should be bumped from UU to Borderline, since it has 125 Sp. Atk and can easily outspeed a Porygon-2 or use a Shadow Ball to KO an Alakazam. But that's soleument moi, non?

hi mistylover

Guys we have new tier lists, and new statistics! Yay!

So, here are the changes:

Umbreon has moved from UU to OU.

Dugtrio and Donphan have moved from OU to UU.

Tangrowth has moved up from NU to UU.

Gardevoir, Muk, Ninetales, Primeape and Poliwrath have moved from UU to NU.

Shaymin, Crobat and Honchkrow are currently being tested for BL.

Oddly enough, whilst some here are saying that Gardevoir should be banned from UU, it's actually been moved down to NU!

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Ok why is Breloom OU???

His stats are awful barring attack and he so slow that before he can let loose with a powerful attack he'll be OHKO?

O and Weezing is OU!

Erienne

Guys we have new tier lists, and new statistics! Yay!

So, here are the changes:

Umbreon has moved from UU to OU.

Dugtrio and Donphan have moved from OU to UU.

Tangrowth has moved up from NU to UU.

Gardevoir, Muk, Ninetales, Primeape and Poliwrath have moved from UU to NU.

Shaymin, Crobat and Honchkrow are currently being tested for BL.

Oddly enough, whilst some here are saying that Gardevoir should be banned from UU, it's actually been moved down to NU!

Okay, Smogon is official evil now. Gardevoir can kick the *** of any Pokemon in NU, unless they are... no, with the right moveset it can destroy any Dark Pokemon too. It's Sp Atk is 125. It's Sp Def is 115. That is nothing to laugh at. Breloom: 1HKO. Machamp: 1HKO. Mostly any fighting Pokemon can be destroyed by it.

MurKrowe

Yeah. I've always thought the tiers were official but apparently some website does them?

Erienne

I know, it's stupid that way. It just ****** me off; I don't plan on competitively battling any time soon. Since my Gardevoir has a bad nature and probably bad IVs anyway, yet it can still kick any fighting-type to the ground. And with Magical Leaf, it could probably 2-3HKO a Tyranitar. Unless it uses Crunch.