• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How is Team Rocket still able to survive?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Did Giovanni ask for Ash's name.
I’m pretty sure he’s got the general idea of what his name is since Misty/Brock/Iris/Cilan said his name multiple times in the episodes.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Ash to Giovanni is just some random kid that in his eyes happened to be coincidentally to be at the same place and time during the two meetings they’ve had.

srebak

Beginning Trainer
I’m just gonna come right out and say this; I seem to recall posting a similar question topic in the past

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Arceus was bored so he gave them the power to be electrified,burned,trash talked,and fall from large heights without getting injured.He also made every human on earth not able to question how they survive or give it a second thought.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Because they are the most known recurring cartoon characters outside of Ash & Pikachu, so they had the plot armor to survive any kind of dangerous situations as long the show itself exists. However, if the Pokemon anime had an equivalent of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with real actors, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a conclusion for them, either they will die or get disbanded as the actors gets older over time.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ash to Giovanni is just some random kid that in his eyes happened to be coincidentally to be at the same place and time during the two meetings they’ve had.
Unless you buy certain subtext of Pokemon Live. Or read fanfiction.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
wait I know how they can survive its like a bunch of writers are too lazy to make roper villains so they make 3 idiots follow some kid around who try to steal his rat

Last edited:

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Less ambitious. They just wanna steal Pokemon, not recreate the universe

This. In the anime, Team Rocket just seem to be a group of organised thugs with no big plans. Giovanni is just using it to live the good life.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
My first thought before reading the title properly was how they survive all those explosions/Bewear hugs over 20 years of constant pain.
exactly my first thought when i saw the tittle :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've always assumed that the Rocket-dan as a whole has managed to cling onto life simply because they seem so widespread compared to other villainous teams. They seem to have agents in every major region, so they probably have tons of resources that other teams simply lack.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've always assumed that the Rocket-dan as a whole has managed to cling onto life simply because they seem so widespread compared to other villainous teams. They seem to have agents in every major region, so they probably have tons of resources that other teams simply lack.
Do they? Johto yeah, but it's implied that the trio are the only members active in a lot of the post Gen II regions. Though the apparent friendship Giovanni and Nanu have might mean the organization has presence in Alola

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Do they? Johto yeah, but it's implied that the trio are the only members active in a lot of the post Gen II regions. Though the apparent friendship Giovanni and Nanu have might mean the organization has presence in Alola
Almost certainly they do. Seeing as Team Rocket is a yakuza stand-in, they must have a lot of legitimate-seeming businesses as fronts for their works.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:

I think it was mentioned that they had no agents in Houen in the second AG episode, but that seems to have been the only exception since we've seen Rocket-dan members other than the usual trio in Shinou, Isshu, and other regions after that.