• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How is the games performance?

Espeonite

I just got my scarlet and violet pre-orders I was looking at reddit and saw many comments on glitches and it not loading right.

Is your game having performance issues? I'm willing to wait for a patch or update since performance is really important to me.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly it's nothing horrible. There's some lag and and a few graphical glitches here and there but I've been playing for hours daily and nothing that pulls me out of the game.

Espeonite

Started playing the intro is a bit lackluster and I prefer S&S rendering so far, the customization is nice though.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It did slow down during the Sunflora and loading challenges but otherwise it steady at roughly 40FPS if im right

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
In my experience it’s actually quite poor. Simply turning the camera is enough to reduce FPS. Long pauses occur for seemingly no reason. Walking through doors and seeing through hills and walls is pretty common. People in the distance move like stop-motion cut-outs.

The most egregious issues I’ve seen for my own copy came last night when it straight up froze for several seconds, twice. I’ve never seen another Switch game or Pokémon game so anything like that.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I haven't really noticed anything so far but I don't really care for constantly adjusting the camera angle with the right analog stick.

Meowtastic

Besides LOL?

I tried to talk to an npc and my character got stuck and the only way to fix it was turn off the game and back on. So i highly suggest turn off autosave and save frequently.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I dont really care about graphical issues here and there.
But the constant lags and frame rate issues do hurt my game experience and my overall enjoyment of this game

There's quite some performance issues when there's a lot going on. The Sunflora following you immediately comes to mind as well as all the kids in the early game cutscene in class that are swinging their legs around on their chairs. Moving things in the distance such as people and windmills do move like stop-motion and so far I've had 3 random crashes.

Hopefully it's something they will fix in future updates. But despite it, I've been enjoying these games so far.

STICKTOPIA

Honestly it's nothing horrible. There's some lag and and a few graphical glitches here and there but I've been playing for hours daily and nothing that pulls me out of the game.
I thought it was just me that noticed the lag

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I'm around 5th Gym (with 3 Star Bosses and 3 Titan beaten) and had 2 instances where the game Frozen/an error occoured:
1. When I started Bug gym Test (Black screen, only music and nothing happening).
2. Once I defeated Mela. I got an error message and needed to do the whole fire base quest from scratch.

It was in Scarlet. Some patch would be appriciated

ShinyNoob

hit or miss for people i guess, for me its terrible. the sky is on the floor, pokemon appearing very laggy, even catching animations are bad.

it's also very slow, feels like it could run a lot faster. PLA by comparison is such a good game performance wise, even at launch.

But some people are okay with the performance, for me its ruining the exp

STICKTOPIA

For me, it was most noticeable in the classroom when all the young kids at the desks were looping through motions that moved so slowly they looked more like animatronics than actual people.
I noticed it with that as well as when you make a Pokémon use a move

scififan21

Frame rate is an issue for me in bigger towns/cities the Sunflora part was so bad with lagging up it was humorous to me to be honest. XD There is a bit of weird video glitches from time to time, but nothing game breaking. The cutscene in the school was funny with the legs moving on the kids. XD

Espeonite

hit or miss for people i guess, for me its terrible. the sky is on the floor, pokemon appearing very laggy, even catching animations are bad.

it's also very slow, feels like it could run a lot faster. PLA by comparison is such a good game performance wise, even at launch.

But some people are okay with the performance, for me its ruining the exp

The game is so slow, please fix it gamefreak.

Noy

Entering/exiting towns, that one place with lots of cliffs and canyons, and loading up clothes shop menus; tend to cause lag here and there.
Considering this is GF's first attempt at a single large open world map (with a custom engine I suspect); not that bad, but, definitely needs polishing.