• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Likely Will the Remaining Pokémon Turn Up in Hisui?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well true. But at least there is a strong possibility that we'll be able to transfer all Pokemon that are outside of the regional dex from the get go.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. There are a few more Pokémon I want to use that haven't yet been covered in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, though they're all over the place in likelihood on my list.

I know Legends Arceus, is a main series title, but Game Freak has allowed games that were either smaller scale (BDSP), unorthrodox (Legends), or both (LGPE). The one thing that strikes me a bit funny is the fact that many new Pokemon appear in Legends Arceus where the battling is rather unconventional. With all that, will we see these new Pokemon in a conventional fighting game like with Sword and Shield? It would be cool to see them fight in a normal as well as unusual battle setting. Also with Legends (and BDSP) not going into ranking mode, maybe Sword/Shield will get another upgrade. The other possibility would be to see them in Gen 9, but I think that depends partially on what the new Pokemon games are going to be (late gen 8 or early gen 9).

Aside from all that, I don't know how much a complete national dex for the generation starting games will really come to be a reality. It could happen this generation, but in the future, with more advance tech and more Pokemon, the task will only get harder and harder. That said, I would like to see every Pokemon be in Switch titles, be it Generation 8 or in Generation 9 (assuming it's on the Switch as well).
I think they will make them available in Sword and Shield. I would bet that the new Pokémon are actually designed to fit in with the regular turn-based battling of the main series.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I hope they at least bring back the other starters from gens 1 through 4 (haven't gotten to use totodile in forever) But I think if they do bring them back it will be through DLC expansion but I think it will be at least two like sword and shield

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You know, one thing I haven't considered too much is that there could be DLC for Legends: Arceus and they will add the remaining Pokemon that way. Perhaps they will retroactively add them to Sword/Shield as well (which if Sword/Shield are the only games with official battle formats, that does feel probable).

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I hope they at least bring back the other starters from gens 1 through 4 (haven't gotten to use totodile in forever) But I think if they do bring them back it will be through DLC expansion but I think it will be at least two like sword and shield
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Oshawott, Rowlet, Litten and Popplio are already in Gen 8 with Home compatibility between all of the Gen 8 games coming in 2022. The currently missing starters include Snivy, Tepig, Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie which are either being saved for Pokémon Legends: Arceus or they’ll patch all of them into Sword and Shield.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You know, one thing I haven't considered too much is that there could be DLC for Legends: Arceus and they will add the remaining Pokemon that way. Perhaps they will retroactively add them to Sword/Shield as well (which if Sword/Shield are the only games with official battle formats, that does feel probable).
I think that Sword and Shield will not have any more new Pokemon added to it unless they make more DLC for it.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I think that Sword and Shield will not have any more new Pokemon added to it unless they make more DLC for it.
I don’t think Sword and Shield will have any new story DLC but there is a belief out there that since new Pokémon are going to be added and since all official tournaments and VGC will only be done through the Galar games that these new Pokémon will be patched into them.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There really isn't a precedent though. Eighth gen was the first to do the dex cut (Dexit is a stupid name that overstood its welcome).
Therefore, we don't know the full extent of how they will mitigate the dex cut if they choose so at all.

There are also Pokemon that don't belong to any region of Galar that slipped through the cracks, like Melmetal over there.
You also have the Hoenn starters which, although they can be found in the Crown Tundra, they aren't in the CT Pokedex.

Not saying the will absolutely fill the remaining Pokemon in, but there is a less than 0 chance.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Oshawott, Rowlet, Litten and Popplio are already in Gen 8 with Home compatibility between all of the Gen 8 games coming in 2022. The currently missing starters include Snivy, Tepig, Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie which are either being saved for Pokémon Legends: Arceus or they’ll patch all of them into Sword and Shield.
Yea but I doubt they will patch in the rest of the Pokedex in sword and shield

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yea but I doubt they will patch in the rest of the Pokedex in sword and shield
The Pokédex, likely not. The Pokémon being made usable (particularly the Johto and Sinnoh starters on that list), I have a strong feeling they will.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
The Pokédex, likely not. The Pokémon being made usable (particularly the Johto and Sinnoh starters on that list), I have a strong feeling they will.
I doubt they will patch them in without a reason like new dlc which I highly doubt will happen

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I doubt they will patch them in without a reason like new dlc which I highly doubt will happen
This is also the first generation with DLC. There's no precedent, no pattern, and no rules yet set in stone.

For the record, Pokémon Sword and Shield HAVE allowed more Pokémon in without there being DLC accompanying it. This happened with the Tao Trio (Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem), the remaining Kanto starters, and the Alola starters, which they did quietly and with no announcement prior to Isle of Armor.

Other games do this all the time--Guilty Gear Strive has added four more characters since its release for no extra charge, the Splatoon games run on a weekly-to-monthly content update system, and MOBAs rely largely on post-release roster additions, so there's no reason why Pokémon Sword and Shield can't either.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
This is also the first generation with DLC. There's no precedent, no pattern, and no rules yet set in stone.

For the record, Pokémon Sword and Shield HAVE allowed more Pokémon in without there being DLC accompanying it. This happened with the Tao Trio (Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem), the remaining Kanto starters, and the Alola starters, which they did quietly and with no announcement prior to Isle of Armor.

Other games do this all the time--Guilty Gear Strive has added four more characters since its release for no extra charge, the Splatoon games run on a weekly-to-monthly content update system, and MOBAs rely largely on post-release roster additions, so there's no reason why Pokémon Sword and Shield can't either.
I hope I'm wrong because more dlc for sword and shield would be great but I feel like it would have been announced by now.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I hope I'm wrong because more dlc for sword and shield would be great but I feel like it would have been announced by now.
Well, it would be DLC technically, but it wouldn't be paid DLC in this case. It would just be an update, much like the future update to Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl that will open up the GWS.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.

Fairy Tail on PS4 did that too. Most of the dlc wasn't free. It was still a sloppy mess of a game with many recolored enemies, glitchy missions and other things.
I did get the Platinum but i couldn't be bothered to keep it despite being a physical copy. The lack of english voices was just too boring with the ammount of text that rpg games where you control 4-5 person tend to have.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
There are a few missing Pokémon that I can’t imagine naturally living in a cold climate like Hisui. The Pokémon I don’t think will be in Legends are the Pikipek line, Komala (real life koalas rely on eucalyptus trees in order to survive which needs tropical or much warmer climates in order to grow which Alola could provide), and possibly Oricorio because it heavily relies on the colored nectars which I doubt Hisui could produce easily.

Pokemon Power

I hate to be the one to tell you, but according to the leaks, the Oshawott family is the only one on the list to make it in. :(