• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long before Scraggy catches up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
i think they are more or less on parr now. if scraggy learns another physical move and axew like dragon dance or something like that.

i can see scraggy learning faint attack, i can see him running, then dissapearing, then appearing and punching a pkm in the face :)

and if axew learns dragon dance, that powers up outrage so hell own everything :)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well those who want Scraggy to learn "Thrash" should take a note that in the games Scraggy or its evolution can't learn "Thrash" in anyway (though i am not saying it is impossible since anime =/= games).

I think it would be good for Scraggy to learn a Dark type move like "Faint Attack (Surprise Attack)" or "Payback (Strike Back)" or "Snarl (Bark Out)". Other option are "Ice Punch", etc

As for Axew i see it learning "Dual Chop (Double Chop)", "Slash (Cut Up) or Night Slash (Crossing Cut)" replacing "Scratch", "Aerial Ace", etc

Last edited:
My prediction for scraggy/scraftys move set is-
Hi Jump Kick- durr​
Crunch- dark move​
Ice Punch/Dragon Claw- to take care of axew n dragons​
Head Smash/Zen Headbutt/Headbutt- the "head" move​

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Yeah, Scraggy just learned Hi Jump Kick! This is sure to be a staple in its moveset. As for other moves, I would like to see some variety. Maybe Faint Attack, Dragon Claw, and Head Smash?

takbir10

Banned
i bet it will learn hi jump kick and maybe ice punch

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
Why do this thread still exsist? Scraggy is caught up.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Why do this thread still exsist? Scraggy is caught up.
Because even though it learned a new move and be a Mandibuzz(which its head was stuck in the ground mind you), we still don't know for sure if it can beat Axew...since even when they only had two moves each, DR KOed Scraggy in one hit and with Axew knowing Outrage, well things are quite interesting

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Because even though it learned a new move and be a Mandibuzz(which its head was stuck in the ground mind you), we still don't know for sure if it can beat Axew...since even when they only had two moves each, DR KOed Scraggy in one hit and with Axew knowing Outrage, well things are quite interesting

It's a dragon Pokemon. There doesn't have to be reason why Scraggy wouldn't have to be able to catch up.

thunderblade12

Axew:
I see it keeping Dragon Rage and Outrage even after evolving. I see Dragon Rage as its Thunderbolt (Pikachu) and Bubblebeam (Piplup). Outrage is epic as hell and I'd love to see Haxorus killing something with it. Scratch will most likely be replaced though. Hopefully not with Dragon Claw or Dual Chop, Aerial Ace could be cool with Axew/Fraxture's fang-blades and add type coverage. For its last move, probably Draco Meteor.

Scraggy:
Like Gliscor's Screech, I don't see Leer staying. Hi Jump Kick is probably here to stay and I could see Headbutt going either way. I want to see Head Smash on either Tepig or Scraggy. If Scraggy gets it, then Headbutt can be replaced, but I'd honestly rather the Tepig line to get it. So Headbutt and Hi Jump Kick is what we got to work with so far. For a long ranged attack I could see Focus Blast happening and for a Dark type move, Faint Attack would be cool. Animation can change, so I hope Faint Attack is portrayed as a disappearing move like it is in the game. Scraggy vanishes while running toward the opponent and strikes it while unseen. Kinda like Dig (or moreso like Paul's Froslass). Scraggy disappearing and then reappearing right in front of the opponent with a headbutt would be cool. Could be an excuse to activate Headbutt's flinching ability.

Outrage ande Hi Jump Kick are both very strong but both come with downsides. Hi Jump Kick can damage Scraggy if it misses and Outrage can end up confusing Axew.

Axew:
- Dragon Rage
- Outrage
- Aerial Ace
- Draco Meteor

Scraggy:
- Headbutt
- Hi Jump Kick
- Faint Attack
- Focus Blast

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Scraggy is getting better if it continue like it is. Maybe even more so than Tranquil.

It beat a Mandibuzz. That's more than Tranquill defeated..

Axew:
I see it keeping Dragon Rage and Outrage even after evolving. I see Dragon Rage as its Thunderbolt (Pikachu) and Bubblebeam (Piplup). Outrage is epic as hell and I'd love to see Haxorus killing something with it. Scratch will most likely be replaced though. Hopefully not with Dragon Claw or Dual Chop, Aerial Ace could be cool with Axew/Fraxture's fang-blades and add type coverage. For its last move, probably Draco Meteor.

Scraggy:
Like Gliscor's Screech, I don't see Leer staying. Hi Jump Kick is probably here to stay and I could see Headbutt going either way. I want to see Head Smash on either Tepig or Scraggy. If Scraggy gets it, then Headbutt can be replaced, but I'd honestly rather the Tepig line to get it. So Headbutt and Hi Jump Kick is what we got to work with so far. For a long ranged attack I could see Focus Blast happening and for a Dark type move, Faint Attack would be cool. Animation can change, so I hope Faint Attack is portrayed as a disappearing move like it is in the game. Scraggy vanishes while running toward the opponent and strikes it while unseen. Kinda like Dig (or moreso like Paul's Froslass). Scraggy disappearing and then reappearing right in front of the opponent with a headbutt would be cool. Could be an excuse to activate Headbutt's flinching ability.

Outrage ande Hi Jump Kick are both very strong but both come with downsides. Hi Jump Kick can damage Scraggy if it misses and Outrage can end up confusing Axew.

Axew:
- Dragon Rage
- Outrage
- Aerial Ace
- Draco Meteor

Scraggy:
- Headbutt
- Hi Jump Kick
- Faint Attack
- Focus Blast

Why did I want to suggest Protect for Scraggy's moveset? Weird.. As for fifth moves, Night Slash, and Ice Punch... Headbutt and Head Smash can go eitherway of course..

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Scraggy can just dodge Outrage 2-3 times and Axew will be confused, giving Axew a(n) cheap edge.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Scraggy can just dodge Outrage 2-3 times and Axew will be confused, giving Axew a(n) cheap edge.
I think you mean giving Scraggy an edge...

Either way, while Scraggy can dodge those moves, what's stopping Axew from DRing Scraggy as he goes in for his attack, since sadly the little guy has no long range attacks

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
What does that have to do with Scraggy? It could still learn the move. It would be good to have it just in case it comes up against another dark type.:cough: (Zorua) :cough:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.