• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long did it take Serebii to make his Pokedex for D/P?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
About 10 minutes ago when I was comparing them. I knew you had that stuff, but it was sort of hard to find, and I just think that it's easier to see them in Psypoke's dex.
Its not hard to find at all...heck the weakness/resistance/immunity stuff should be one of the first things you see when you load the bloody page

coolminun

Banned
agreed. I like serebii's better. everything you want to know is on one page. no going on the side to look at this or that. it's all conveniently there.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
He doesn't do all the work himself. People like Arty2 and others contribute. Though all they get is a little "Thanks to ___ for contributing" generic message.

firewall

don't pee in my lake
What I like about Psypoke's and why I think it is more organized is this,
1. You can easily see an egg move chain.
2. You can easily see all the attacks and stats from previous generations.
3. You can easily see the encounter rate for each route.
4. You can easily see the weaknesses/resistances/immunities.
5. It shows tutored moves.
6. Oh, and they just made the Crydex, which is cool.

The thing that I don't like about psypoke's is their stats, how they have that set up. You can see and understand your's easily. And you also have to press "show all" to see all the info, but after that you can just search for another pokemon and it will stay the same.

Not trying to be mean, it's just suggestions, and my opinion.

I prefer serebii's dex. I had been checking it out before I ever joined. I have heard so many people elsewhere gushing about this site and the quality of the information.
It is not hard to find in any way as long as you understand the concept of categories.

jorisw

Yes Serebii's dex is much better

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
Both are good 'dexes, but I prefer Serebii's I guess. Psypoke's one could be improved by just.. Obliterating their category system though. It makes it awkward to use.

Kojima

^ Super Cooooooool ^
I dun care about freakin Psypoke or watever

Sorry for bad grammar, I hate talking about websites I hate :p

electivire165

yup, serebiis dex is way better than anyonelses on the web, used to use psypokes but i find serebiis dex easier to use.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
We list tutor moves...in 3rd gen...where they belong

Yeah, but shouldn't you list the tutor moves in another category in the DP Dex, so we don't have to browse through both areas to build movesets?

But I agree, serebii.net is better and also has a better colour scheme (too bright for my squinty little eyes...)

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Serebii's Dex is better than any other versions of the dex. This is much better despite of all the errors emitted when you click a Pokemon sprite and its evolution. Right, Serebii?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Serebii's Dex is better than any other versions of the dex. This is much better despite of all the errors emitted when you click a Pokemon sprite and its evolution. Right, Serebii?
There are none?

Yeah, but shouldn't you list the tutor moves in another category in the DP Dex, so we don't have to browse through both areas to build movesets?

But I agree, serebii.net is better and also has a better colour scheme (too bright for my squinty little eyes...)
No, because its the 4th gen dex. Yes the 4th gen can trade with the 3rd gen, but if I add it then it becomes cluttered and the 3rd gen dex redundant...it'll just be rubbish

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
I guess Serebii deserves a D/P Dex of his own so therefore, I loved Serebii's Dex than the other website's dexes like in Psypoke's (I'll try for it soon) because you see it there easily the Pokemon's evolutions, the attacks, and especially, the sprites.

Mystic Mew

All the data is stored in a database and I coded a script which compiles the pages based upon the database
The question that I would ask you today as a 25-year-old, (I was 12 when I made this post) is which coding language did you utilize in designing your PokeDex and where did you learn coding?