• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long did it take to finish the main game including the final boss?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Title says it all. For me the in game profile says it too me 36 hours and 20 minutes. Most of it was end-game grinding for me.

Noy

end-game grinding? I spent half the game catching mons and my party leveled up fairly well. Granted, doing some raids here and there, helped get additional exp.

Pokefan_1987

end-game grinding? I spent half the game catching mons and my party leveled up fairly well. Granted, doing some raids here and there, helped get additional exp.
I was struggling since i mostly swapped most between challenges. I struggled a lot against Director Clavell and still needed a LOT of luck. That was just before the Elite 4 I had to switch my party carefully to predict my team against each individual Elite 4 member including their moves with Bulbapedia. If boxes weren't possible...i'd been screwed.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
8 and a half days. Longest it's taken me in well over a decade and a half.

Pokefan_1987

8 and a half days. Longest it's taken me in well over a decade and a half.
My 36 hours were split into 10 days. Sword was 25 hours by extension...to be fair the Gyms and Elite 4 requirements were way lower and the Exp Candies were really overpowered.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I got my games two days earlier and still have not beat it lol.

Taking my time with the exploration and optional stuff. 45 hours, six gyms, four titans and three Star crews.

My longest run in a Pokemon main game ever.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
School and work complications so I just finished it on Thanksgiving. I would say it usually takes me about a week to finish a game. My friend on the other hand has had it before me since he downloaded it and just got to Larry so not sure if I just was speeding through

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I started Scarlet immediately after I picked it up on Thursday night and finished the final storyline on Thanksgiving. So around a week. I might of finished earlier if it wasn't for schoolwork