• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long do Ash's journey take in real time?

Xx Flare xX

I think It would take atleast 1 year per region at the quickest.

Think about it. Travelling from town to town takes time,in cities you have to find all the important things (Gym, Pokemon Centre ect: ) then train up like hell so you stand a chance against other trainers (you don't wanna get beaten in a cave inhabited with supersonic using Zubats)

Then theres the usual distractions like Team Rocket, Gym Leaders buggered off on holiday (I hate that one).

So yeah it'l take a while per region if your walking.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
IMO, one one episode= one week real time, unless its a special one like a contest, or championship that has several episodes too it.

There have been points where meowth has made a remark that an episode is one week long; as in: "we waited a whole week, or see you next week" I can't remeber the exact line.

But In reality, I think the towns and stuff are not that far apart, I wouldn't say towns and cities are like states. I'd say sinnoh is more like a state.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
Ash would probably be as old as the kids now who watched pokemon when it first came out. That's just my guess XD

ok so 7 was the age i started...and know i'm 16(still watching)...so basically it is one really long year if you ask me...with more then one christmas and more then one of every season...

but i got proof that ash is 11 not 10...you wont to know what it is...it's in a pikachu short... he clearly says that it has been one year since ash and pikachu met...whitch means that ash had to of turned a year older (secretly)...

the pknm short

Pikachu And Pichu

he says it there...but don't click it if you still think he is ten...

Calm PokeMaster

It would take around a year to travel a regoin.Since Ash was 10 when he started his journey and has travelled 3 regions,he must be around 13 or 14 years.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
well, Ash supposed to be (and the key word is supposed) about 14 years old by now no?

Harris73

MAIL ROOM!! NAO!!
ok so 7 was the age i started...and know i'm 16(still watching)...so basically it is one really long year if you ask me...with more then one christmas and more then one of every season...

but i got proof that ash is 11 not 10...you wont to know what it is...it's in a pikachu short... he clearly says that it has been one year since ash and pikachu met...whitch means that ash had to of turned a year older (secretly)...

the pknm short

Pikachu And Pichu

he says it there...but don't click it if you still think he is ten...
Well that Pikachu Short is from Pokémon Movie 3, and we're getting to Pokémon Movie 12 now.... So that means he's almost 14? By the sound of his voice, I'd be thinking about that much. Plus, it would make sense that each region is worth about a year, for some reason.

Rave

Banned
Time is still/broken in the animated world.

Darkxninga

I know it probably takes them about days to get to the next city depending on area and distance. But a region a year or so. And Ash has been traveling to regions for almost 5 years. He should be in his freakin late teen years by now and still hasnt grown an inch. But we all know he aint gonna be aging like he should be >_> . It should take a long time from what the anime is making it seem like a few hours/days/weeks later into the next thing.
BUT, Ash has gotten a deeper voice in the english verison, early puberty? I guess his age shows in his voice.

Devout

Nincada Trainer
pokemon world they never age rofl, in some animes they do tend to age in the long series like db/z/gt, naruto and bleach ect.

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
theres over 100 episodes in evry season and most of them end with a sun set...and others take place in more then one day(in the show of course) so...were up to about 2 years...

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Two years,at best.

Remember in the Pichu short? It was Pikachu and Ash's first anniversary,and Ash's birthday but he never aged.

If we go by that,two years.

BM14murph

Master Collector
The question that has been on all of our lips for many years and one we might never find out

When they eventually decide to make a new main character and drop ash then they'll have to incorporate real time and have Ash like 5 years older and have Max be old enought o be an actual trainer