• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long does it take for you to fully recognize someone's face?

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Pretty self-explanatory. I mean, come to think of it, there's someone I know who told me it takes him at least a week to fully recognize someone's face the first time, while another person can fully recognize someone's face within a day. But then again, it just depends on each and every person.

And now the question is on you.

Oh, and if you ask me, it takes me at least three days to fully recognize someone's face the first time. Why? That answer lies beyond me.

Cobalt_Latios

It all depends on the situation. I remember once I barely recognized one of my friends for some reason. I dunno, I guess I'm not always good with faces. I can remember some people better than others though... which strikes me as odd.

C_L

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
It all depends if I was good friends with that person or simply he or she was a complete stranger stranger to me ,It might take me a matter of second to fully recognize someone ,I remember once I was in a store and a girl came closer and she began to greet me and said If I didn't remember her It took me 2 days to remember her .
It all depends how much I knew that person.

My high school only has a little bit more than 300 kids, so I can recognize everybody with ease. Mind you that's Grade 8-12.

A few moments, usually. I'm horrible with names though, so I could know the person, just not their name.

Like at the gas station a couple weeks ago. The guy at the register kept saying that he could have sworn he knew me from somewhere. I didn't think I knew him, but he insisted upon it, mainly from recognizing the fact that I always wear a hat. I'm still trying to figure it out. >:V

Profesco

gone gently
I'm still trying to remember what I look like in the mirror.

Dattebayo

Banned
It's takes me a few more seconds to recognize someone I know.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
A very very long time, but then I'm almost completely faceblind.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Recognizing someone? Usually a few seconds.

Remembering someone's face? That takes a while.

Dark Eevee

I can't reconize anyone's face really, and I'm even worse with names.
I even have a hard time reconizing my siblings in a crowd.

Rave

Banned
It depends.

I'm pretty shy and can't really look at someone in the face for very long, unless its a picture. So yeah... don't expect alot of eye contact from me.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
If I see someone while I'm out? I can recognize them instantly. The issue for me is when and where I know them from, if they're not a good friend that is.

If someone says to me "Remember such-and-such?" it could take me a while of going back and forth with "The one with the red hair and the funky nose? The one with 4 fingers? The one that got knocked up and pushed down the stairs?" before I can fully recall who they are.