• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long does it take you to beat the E4?

How long does it take you to beat the Elite Four?

• 1-3 days

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 3-7 days

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • 1-3 weeks

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A month or more

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Pai-tan

Don't Catch Em' All
On average?

I don't see the point in rushing through the game in like... 3 days.. you'd have to play all day long, grinding for hours to do that. I like to savor every moment...! Mostly...

During the main story, I often spend a lot of time doing things like the slots or training to of the same kind of pokemon (well, I did in the beginning of HG. Then I was like 'this is stupid.')

So it takes me anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to beat the E4. I don't even collect all of the items, train my pokemon to level 100, or complete the battle frontier... haa...

EDIT: I'm talking about days, not total hours counted from the game's clock.

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I once did a speed run and managed to get to and beat the E4 in Diamond using my level 60ish pokemon after hunting down pokemon that give good exp and using exp share. It took me about 10 hours of playing to get to Victory road and another 2 hours training to beat the E4 in 1 go so 12 hours total.

When I'm taking my time, it usually takes about 3-5 days.

Yoran

When I've enough time 3-7 days. The last time (on SoulSilver) I did it in 2 weeks, but I was busy that time.

Xx Flare xX

Quickest was about 3 days in Pokemon Diamond. I just raced through the game.

Now though I like to take my time in games because I have this new-found dislike of "wasting" money on things by completing them too quickly >.> Silly but true.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
If 10 hours was an option in the poll, then that's the vote for my US white.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
RBY= 6-7 Hours. If I use Charizard with Fire Spin 4-5 hours.
GSC = 8-9 hours.
RSE= 9-12 Hours (depending if I rush or not)
DPPLT=7-8 hours. (Yes, I know that's faster than GSC, but only Cynthia has ever given me trouble and that was with a difference by about 5 levels)
BW=? I'm guessing around 10 hours?

river-wolf

Onward to Kalos!
Hmm, it depends on how often I'm playing it. If I have big gaps in my playing time, sometimes it'll take close to a month.

thornmud

<< Happiness...
If i want to get a bunch of items and fancy pokemon first, i may take up to a few days (actual play time) but if I feel like going quickly so I can see every post- E4 bonus before my friends, I tear it up in an under 24 hour streak

Skydra

It all depends. Newly released game? Probably not more than a week. A new playthrough? Longer, but varying extra length depending on what mood I'm in to play.

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
DP took me quite a while, Torterra sucked for pretty much the whole gym. Especially Lucian's Bronzong.

Venomrec

i dont rush thrue it, but i do beat it quickly.

Wailord_2

This is a User Title
I said 3-7 days but I thought you meant just the elite four. Yeah thats how solw I am I wish I had slowed down on White I just beat the 7th gym and its only my second day playing it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Depends. Usually one week to a month.
Pearl took a year...

Uncle_Starburst

Usually with new games it can take me around a week or so and with Black I've played 11 hours so far and I've just defeated the fourth gym and my team is in their late 20's (although HG took me like 6 days to beat but that was because I love that game so damn much). Currently I'm limiting myself to a gym a day and the stuff in between two cities (Also I'm fighting every trainer I see and getting every item and exploring as much as I can)