• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long(episodes) would you have the league that Ash would win?

CabochonJaw

I'd say 10 episodes. There should also be some time set aside to show league match-ups for other participants within these 10 episodes. All episodes should be battle related.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm typing this before reading everyone else's responses so that I can give my opinion uninfluenced by others. Then I will read everybody else's.

Also, I'm not just going to talk about the number of episode. I'm going to go into more detail about how I think the episodes should go and what should happen in them.

Let's say Ash wins the League in Gen Q. Here's how the Gen Q league should go:
Episode 1: about getting and training reserves (like An Old Family Blend!)
Episode 2: Ash battles a 3v3 against a trainer he's never met before, like Jeanette Fisher, Macy, and Katie (I know Katie was a 6v6, but I just can't think of any other names right now of trainers Ash had never met before their league battle)
Episodes 3&4: quarterfinal full battle against a trainer he met a short time before the league, but that trainer was not a major rival (like Morrison or Cameron). Reserves should be used; Totodile should evolve in this battle.
Episode 5: quarterfinal full battle shown in one episode between two of Ash's rivals: this should be the Paul/Barry, Cameron/Bianca, Sawyer/Tierno
Episodes 6&7: semifinal full battle against a minor rival (like Nando, Conway, or Stephan) except i would prefer her to be female
Reserves should be used; PRIMEAPE should appear in this battle
Episode 8: similar to Kalos league episode 5, there is a break between the semifinal and final. This time, it should be used for Delia, Professor Oak, Misty, Brock, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Serena, Bonnie, Clemont, Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles, Kiawe, and all of Ash's traveling companions between Gen VII and Gen Q to arrive to watch Ash in the final.
Episodes 9,10,11: final full battle using ONLY his Gen Q Pokémon against his Gen Q main rival
Episodes 12&13: first member of the Elite Four, full battle that Ash loses,
using Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Sunglasses Krookodile, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Heracross

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Are we assuming winning a league implies Ash's journey is over? If so, 10 episodes + elite 4 would be great. Otherwise, 7-8 is good enough tbh.

If we assume that Ash winning the league would signal the end of his travels, then I'd expect fifteen episodes at the very least if he has to also challenge the E4 as a way of making things more dramatic, but this is a big assumption and I'm not confident that he'd even defeat all of the E4 members or the Champion.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Really if you want to have a fully fleshed out league, then I can't see it being shorter than 10 episodes. The finals already have 4-5 battles plus a couple of pre-finals battles. If all finals are 6vs6, then all need at least two episodes for a not rushed battle, which already takes 10 episodes. Plus the introduction episode and those pre-final episodes are another two episodes. Maybe a winning ceremony to highlight Ash first league win etc.

The Sinnoh league had 7 episodes, 3 of them being one single battle, while the rest was splitted into three rather shorter battles and one battle where Ash got swept by an legendary fan boy. battles. And here Ash lost in the semi finals, while for him to win the league he have to win the final battle.

They just need to let Ash use his six/seven regions big arsenal to make it more exciting.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
No thanks. Most of us would rather see the Leagues focus on Ash only, not on other trainers.

Maybe an episode like Paul vs Barry and Sawyer vs Tierno would be good enough, but yeah beyond one episode I wouldn't like to see too much focus on rival battles.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Maybe an episode like Paul vs Barry and Sawyer vs Tierno would be good enough, but yeah beyond one episode I wouldn't like to see too much focus on rival battles.

Agreed. The full schedule of the league that I would like (13 episodes) I have already posted earlier in this thread, and in it you will see I only had one such episode (episode 5)

CabochonJaw

Okay, I yield. One episode for one match-up between two rivals/characters we've seen before. To make the rival battle more worth our time, Ash should pay attention to the battle and learn from it, like how he learned through the Sawyer vs Tierno battle that Mega Sceptile has the lightning rod ability.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I'd want to see at least three six on six matches. So if each one would be two episodes each, that's six episodes. Plus maybe two episodes for the first rounds of the League.