• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long(episodes) would you have the league that Ash would win?

If Ash ever wins a league, how long do you think the arc has to be?

XYZ league didn't do a good job except of the last two battles.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If Ash ever wins a league, how long do you think the arc has to be?

XYZ league didn't do a good job except of the last two battles.

I think around 9 to 10 would be good enough. Assuming all of Ash's matches are shown starting from round of 64, 6 vs 6 battles should start from top 8, and each battle from top 8 to top 4 to top 2 would be two episodes, and one non battle related (not as stupid as Axew getting lost), so overall making it 10 episodes which I think covers everything adequately.

Genaller

Silver Soul
My ideal structure would be:

256 Participants, Round 1: 1 vs 1, Round 2: 2 vs 2 Double battle, Round 3: 3 vs 3 Triple Battle, Rounds 4-5: 3 vs 3 Single Battles, Rounds 6-8: 6 vs 6 Full Battles.

Introduction + Setup = 1 Episode. Round 1 + Round 2 = 1 Episode = Round 3 = Round 4 = Round 5. Round 6 = 2 Episodes = Round 7. Finals Buildup = 1 Episode. Finals = 3 Episodes. Ideal Total Number of Episodes = 13 (so basically 1 anime cour).

Alternatively it could be:

64 Participants , 3 vs 3s from TOP 64 to TOP 16 and Full Battles from then on, Intro + Setup = 1 Episode. Top 64 = Top 32 = Top 16 = 1 Episode. Quarterfinals = Semifinals = 2 Episodes. Finals Buildup = 1 Episode. Finals = 3 Episodes. Ideal Number of Episodes = 12 Episodes (still basically an anime cour).

Last edited:

doofinc

get rillaboomed
As long as we see 4 complete battles with Ash, anything barring a 1v1 should work for me. My ideal Kalos League would have been Ash vs. Astrid (top 16, 3v3 single), Ash vs. Tierno (top 8, 4v4 double), Ash vs. Sawyer (top 4, 6v6 single), then Ash vs. Alain (finals, 6v6 single). I actually didn't mind the curbstomp at the beginning with Ash vs. Tomo since it was to demonstrate his strength, but blazing through all the way to the semis left too much not seen.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Kanto League style, except we actually see the second and third preliminary matches in full. It'd probably end up around 9 episodes.

Around 10 episodes or so, but I highly doubt they would ever make a league that long tbh

If I recall correctly, each League is 7 episodes, with 6 focusing on the battles and 1 non-battle episode, so adding a few more battle episodes probably wouldn't hurt, though people would be suspicious since the League was extra long.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Ideally I would like around 12 episodes formatted like this:
- 128 participants, 3v3 until top 8
- Episodes 1-4 will cover the introduction and matches up to top 8 (4 of Ash's matches, one of which is skimmed over, and one match featuring a rival)
- Top 4 qualifier will cover episodes 5 and 6 (Ash vs a random trainer with a wacky team, as well as a glimpse of Ash's main rival and secondary rival vs random characters)
- Top 2 qualifier will be episodes 7 and 8 vs the secondary rival
- Episode 9 is the buildup episode, and episode 10-12 will feature Ash vs main rival

I think a 12 episode league-arc is honestly not that long, but the anime tends to keep things short and simple so realistically we will still get a 7-episode league with half of the matches either rushed or completely neglected.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Ideally I would like around 12 episodes formatted like this:
- 128 participants, 3v3 until top 8
- Episodes 1-4 will cover the introduction and matches up to top 8 (4 of Ash's matches, one of which is skimmed over, and one match featuring a rival)
- Top 4 qualifier will cover episodes 5 and 6 (Ash vs a random trainer with a wacky team, as well as a glimpse of Ash's main rival and secondary rival vs random characters)
- Top 2 qualifier will be episodes 7 and 8 vs the secondary rival
- Episode 9 is the buildup episode, and episode 10-12 will feature Ash vs main rival

I think a 12 episode league-arc is honestly not that long, but the anime tends to keep things short and simple so realistically we will still get a 7-episode league with half of the matches either rushed or completely neglected.

This is similar to what I'd hypothetically want. I guess the hope here is that the writers break away from formula and give the league the time it deserves for the 1 where Ash finally wins. Honestly I don't think it's unreasonable for the fans to ask for anime cour length leagues in sagas that are usually well over 100 episodes.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ideally the perfect Pokemon league tourney would last about ten episodes or a dozen at least, tho I know it's just not possible to get that kind of pace given how the writing staff haven't been capable of doing this in almost twenty years and they always end up having to rush for whatever reason. :[

SinnohEevee

I would say 10 episodes. But there would be also the need to show Ash vs the E4.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It depends how many rivals he has.
The focus should be on Ash, no battle episodes for battles he ain't in. 8-10 tops, and the only two parter is the finals.

The E4 then would get their own episodes, with maybe one getting a two part episode depending on if a Dragon one is present. Those guys are always tougher than the others. Then the Champion themself would get a two parter.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I mean, 10 episodes should be enough for a League, though since we can't even get that, I don't see why anyone would expect even more episodes added to show the E4/Champion League stuff also...

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
Are we assuming winning a league implies Ash's journey is over? If so, 10 episodes + elite 4 would be great. Otherwise, 7-8 is good enough tbh.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If its the end of the series, it should be long. Otherwise, I'm fine if it's the length most tournaments are plus the handful of episodes for tiers he hasn't reached before

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I'd have it be relatively long, definitely longer than the Kalos League. Depending on whether or not we see all of the preliminary rounds, I'd have it be at least eight to ten episodes long, with the full 6-on-6 battles starting at around the quarter finals at the latest, so that's at least six episodes for the six-on-six rounds. Add two for the top 32 and the top 16 (which would be 3-on-3), and that would bring it to at least eight. I'd definitely have a couple for the beginning of the league and its preliminary rounds and that would add up to ten at the very least. Preferably, if Ash were to win the league, I would rather have nothing skipped at all. That is one of the reasons why I'm actually glad Ash lost the Kalos League. Had he won, it would have, to me, been minimizing his greatest accomplishment in the entirety of the Pokémon animé, as of yet.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
For a good league, more than 15 episodes.

1 introduction (with one 1vs1 qualifying battle)
2-3 Pre-round battles with a point system(3vs3)
8 episodes with four 6vs6 two parter
Four or five parter about the finale. Every matchup being about 8-9 minutes long.
1 Episode about the winner ceremony and preparing for the E4.

And either:
1) Two parter battle for the first E4 (while losing at the end)
2)Another ten or so episodes for the E4 plus Champion battle.

Would be the ultimate league, but that's not going to happen...

Janovy

Banned

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I would say 10 episodes as well (that was my initial reaction). I'd like to see 5 episodes being used on the semis and the finals. After he wins, and assuming this doesn't mean the end of the series, they should dedicate an episode for some of companions (past) making an appearance to congratulate Ash on his victory. After that, he takes on the E4 and such, which would be its own separate entity. It would also be cool, that in this "lengthy" league, if a couple old rivals would return too, battling in the league.