• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

how long have you been playing?

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I got Blue on Christmas Day 1998. So just over 13 and a half years.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Since about age 12.

Now its kinda like the only video game I even play. XD;

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
My first game was Red, but I did skip gen 3 and returned to pokemon in late gen 4.

Watchog

Lv. 50
Let me guess, Everyone started playing pokemon since 5yr old, lol! 5 haha sure.. why do i keep seeing people saying the same thing, Iv'e seen that cool story somany times alredy. Anyone here playing pokemon since 1yr old? I'd love to see this one.
--------------
I've been playing pokemon from ruby. And i wasn't 5, when i was 5 i was probably going to kindergarden.

Let me guess, Everyone started playing pokemon since 5yr old, lol! 5 haha sure.. why do i keep seeing people saying the same thing, Iv'e seen that cool story somany times alredy. Anyone here playing pokemon since 1yr old? I'd love to see this one.
--------------
I've been playing pokemon from ruby. And i wasn't 5, when i was 5 i was probably going to kindergarden.

Well, we can just say the truth. I got it when I was 6, but I won't claim I really know how to play it. My cousin had to show me how to save and catch a pokemon, I couldn't read English and it took me a month to reach Mt. Moon. But yeah, I was playing it. Besides a 5 or 6 year old kid has the capabilities to play a game and understand what's going on. A one or two year old kid doesn't.

Last edited:

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
--------------

Pokemon wasn't out when I was five. Pokemon was barely a thought it Satoshi Taijiri's head when I was five.

And, why is it so hard to believe that people started playing when they were that age? Did I stumble onto another site, because I always thought that Pokemon games were welcomed children's entertainment. We just don't stop playing because we learn how deep the games really go.

Flame Mistress

I started playing back in 2008, when I was 8. At first I didn't really get the difference between the games and the anime, and I wasn't that serious about the games until two years later. Yeah, I'm a late starter to the fandom =p

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
14 years ago with red and a gamebrickboy. Been playing ever since I was 5, never stopped since. I was in the perfect storm crowd, bunch of 5-6 year olds who needed the latest craze of demon worshiping. I mean pokemon capturing.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Uh 11 years?

Damn my habits playing Pokemon hasn't change a bit lol. Except I do play less nowadays...

EdwardDodd

I have been playing since pokemon red,yellow and blue came out and im 16 17 this september :p i have every pokemon on every game so far im kind of the pokemon master lol :L

gliscor&yanmega

Started with Blue around the time it came out in Canada. Been playing ever since. So over 10 years.