• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

how long have you been playing?

ebevan91

Since 1998 I believe. On my 7th birthday. 21 years old now. But I actually took a 5 year break between late 2005 and early 2011. So really only about 7 to 8 years.

ludiloco

I started with pokemon blue rom in year 2000, yeah very late, but then I started playing Sapphire in portable consoles since 2003 and now in my 3DS I have Platunum, Soulsilver and White.

Wow, 12 years and I just don't get enough

MagmaGruntTéa

Girl with the 3DS
I started playing Pokemon in 2004 when Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out. I've loved it since then and have played all the games since then. (Excluding Red/Blue/Yellow Gold/Silver) Of course with my dumb luck I lost all the games when I moved to our new house.

I remember my first Pokemon game.

It was back in '07 with Pokemon Emerald. I started playing Emerald when I was a about 11. It wasn't even a legitimate Gameboy, it was an Emulator on my computer sadly.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Since fifth grade. 2003, when I got my Silver game off eBay. Wow, that's actually a shorter amount of time than I thought. Pokemon has only been in my life for nine years.

Crazy.

Ferrero

Devastator
That's so awesome, thanks sharing guys! Im only 16 now but ill be playing well into my 20's too lol just can't wait to get there!

Lon

I started with Blue Version shortly after the release of the Gameboy Color, and since that thing was released in '98 according to Wikipedia, I guess 14 years?

Really, 14 years? (or 13 since we haven't hit November yet) I guess I've been playing for more than 60% of my life now. :p

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I started with Yellow in '98 so its been 14 years that I have been playing it.

It was actually my first portable game :p

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Technically I started in late 1997 with Blue, but that doesn't really count since I only played that for a week and it was in Japanese so I couldn't even understand anything. I'd say I really started in 1998 with Red. I could actually understand it and play properly.
I've been playing for 14 years and I'm not even close to stopping. Time sure flies.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I started in 2009, when Platinum was released in Europe...but my sister bought it...

I haven't been around long then! I started properly in 2010 with SS and Diamond...

iv bin playin since i got red and im 22 now bin wishing it was real ever since but i will not play black or white terrible pokemon in them .....a ice cream pokemon wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Well, I started playing with Dash about a week after it came out, so I geuss like 8 yeas?
Wow, 8 years, that's like 65% of my life.

ohjeezitskim

Vomit free since 93! I thought of that for some reason...
Kudos to people who knows where that's from lol

But I've been playing since Red and Blue. My neighbor, Michael, had it and I was like wow that's cool! And then I got a copy of my own! So that's 1998!

Weedy Spyze

Well I can't tell you the exact time I got it, but I do know that my first game was Silver. So I assume I've been playing for about 12 or so years. I played the card game even before that, though.