• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long have you been watching the Pokemon Anime?

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Started watching since rhe first episode aired in Canada, when I was about 5 or 6 at the time. I watch diligently until DP, when the Aipom/Buizel trade and slow pacing turned me off. I jumped back in on the final stretch of DP, then watched all of BW before dropping the show with XY/SM.

Right now, I'm fully on board with 2019.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've been watching the anime since the beginning, although I didn't follow the Japanese version until around the time that AG started. Prior to that point, I only had access to the English dubbed version, which I always felt was lacking something.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
the Aipom/Buizel trade and slow pacing turned me off.

You too? Those were the reasons I didn't commit watching DP back in the day, specially the bolded part

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
You too? Those were the reasons I didn't commit watching DP back in the day, specially the bolded part

I know that the trade was a major point of controversy at the time, but I didn't realize that some viewers actually tuned out after that. I can think of at least half a dozen moments in the anime that almost made me quit watching, but the Eipam and Buoysel trade isn't one of them.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I was actually starting to get back into DP after a while, but them Aipom evolved and I was so bitter that I just quit again.

I can think of at least half a dozen moments in the anime that almost made me quit watching, but the Eipam and Buoysel trade isn't one of them.
To be fair, I was like 13 at the time. My young, dumb brain saw this whole thing as Dawn "stealing" Ash's cool Pokemon, then robbing Ash its evolution later on.

I started watching Pokemon was when the Hoenn episodes were airing, I believe, or maybe even when the Johto episodes were airing, but I'm not quite sure exactly since that was quite some time ago. However, the first Pokemon series I actually started watching was the OS through reruns. Pokemon Leafgreen was my first ever handheld video game, and that was when my obsession with Pokemon began. Of course, many years later, I'm pretty much all caught up. I watched OS > DP, watched a little bit of BW though couldn't bare to watch every single episode, and then once BW was over with, I returned to watching the episodes weekly with XY > Journeys.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Started watching since the original, but skipped the Unova and Alola series and just kept up via episode pictures on Serebii because those series were just awful.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I started watching like in early 2000s OS and then I stopped since Pokemon stopped broadcasting in my country and I didn't have internet back then. I remember seeing on German channel AG but I didn't understand German.Once I got internet in 2010 I continued watching it so 10 years.

HeartThrob6000

Certified Lover
As a kid, I only watched the two movies 'Mewtwo Strikes Back' and 'Spell of the Unown' on my old VHS, as the anime series was quite rare in my country and the only other exposure I had to Pokemon were the FRLG games. I always thought that Pokemon was only only released through movies and video games, and had no knowledge of there being a weekly anime series.

The anime only started airing on weekdays when Diamond and Pearl came out, and I remember the first episode I ever laid eyes on was Ash's gym battle with Roark... and then all of a sudden it ended midway through Galactic Battles and was replaced with the very first season (which was incredibly odd.) I then found out a friend of mine had all the episodes up to Sinnoh League Victors, and I ended up binging it all.

I only started watching weekly with XY however.

MegaSalamence05

Been watching since Day 1 back on Sept 8th 1998 when 4Kids dubbed it way back when. I was young at the time and it helped me with my Saturday Morning Entertainment for sure along with Batman Beyond. You can call me old, I give you permission lol

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Since the D/P days. The first episode I ever watched was: Arrival of a Rival! They were also airing some of the OS on Boomerang so I got to watch that too.

I'm currently watching every Pokemon episode as we speak, and I'm currently on the last season of the Alola saga.

Master Pikachu 11

I started watching during the OS days after the Johto series, I stopped watching and came back to watching during XY because I thought that would be the series that Ash would finally win the league. I was only off by one series to see Ash winning a league and was happy to finally see it happen. I mainly relied YouTube to see previous series before I got fully caught up with XY.

Superqami

2007ish, in my country OS aired in the morning sometimes, AG in the evening (I remember watching episodes such as Charizard VS Articuno, during those days)... Then I guess I didn't really care about Pokemon for a while, then I discovered Gen V games... In 2011/2012 local Cartoon Network aired DP (despite BW was already being dubbed). So I watched a bunch of Battle Dimension, Galactic Battles and Sinnoh League Victors that way, watched some BW dub online.

Then, I guess ignored the anime for a little less than a year. Browsing YT with some people, we learned that XY was airing in Japan already, it had like 5 episodes, we got curious and started watching some uploaded episodes on YT lol, and I got interested in watching the Japanese version whereas the other guys were like "we'll wait for the dub". I've been watching weekly since then (at times I'd let episodes pile up because I didn't feel like watching). Since the final battles of the SM League I've been watching episodes live.

I've seen BW, XY, SM, and JN (ongoing) in their entirety. I recently finished Kanto (subs), Orange Islands (without subs, RAW JP) and currently working towards finishing Johto and AG in their original forms (the JP dub).

Lelouch-Red

Since 1999. (In Germany pokemon was aired on 1.September 1999) I was 4 years old. Time sure flies fast (=

I skipped only BW and Sun and Moon. (In my headcanon I pretend that BW didn’t happen, I would do the same with Sun and Moon but since Ash became champion its impossible to do so :D)