• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long have you been watching the Pokemon Anime?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I watched as a kid and later on, but on and off.... ever since XY I started watching it every week (except SM which I skipped)

Ultra Beast Lover

I've watched the anime for as long as I can remember, it was pretty on and off though, especially when, in the middle of Hoenn, I wasn't able to find it anymore. I dunno if it was because it was taken off of 4kids or CN changed the timeslot, all I know is that one day I turned the TV on at the exact time it was supposed to be on and it wasn't there. Over time I caught bits and pieces like Misty's return, Togepii's departure, and I think the ending but I also missed out on a lot of Gym battles, Brandon, Glalie, the league, and the Johto contest. I didn't start to consistently watch the anime until the Gardenia battle, Turtwig was fighting a Turtwig.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Since the summer of 1999 when 4kids was dubbing it. I stopped following weekly since somewhere in the middle of BW and I only watch episodes that interest me nowadays.

Mew29240

I watched it on and off if there wasn't anything better to watch on TV until DP was released (mostly because I got my first Pokemon game, Diamond, then). I started actually following it after that and went so far as to look up subbed episodes online.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Since OS as a kid. Stopped watching in favor of playing the games. Returned to watching with the DP series and fully returned in the XY and then SM series.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
On-and-off since DP, caught up on BW after it finished airing and joined in again during early XY. I put off SM until last year when I binged it and now I watch Journeys weekly

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So when was your first watch of the anime do you remember?
Edit:I started watching like 5-6yrs ago only so I don't know much.

Take a seat. My story is somewhat long and complicated.

I've started when it premiered in my country. Basically I was there when the Pokémon Mania started. I used to watch all episodes, got the official magazine and other stuff that had Pokémon on it. I even watched movies 1-3 on the theaters.

Somewhere after Johto's first year, I lost interested and eventually dropped. During that hiatus I remember briefly seeing a magazine that had AG Ash on it but I mostly ignore it.

Then at some point, there was a strong Saint Seiya nostalgia wave (it's pretty popular here AND not just it was the first anime I really got into, it is one of my favorite franchises). I bought a magazine about it that was a collection of various others including the one with AG on the cover I had previously seen and ignored.

I've read the Pokémon entry which was talking about AG and after seeing Ash's new look in more detail and, specially, knowing misty - a character I've never liked - was gone and replaced by May - who I found to look quite cool - my interested suddently ignited again.

I've resumed watching when the network Pokémon was on was airing Master Quest. I kept waiting for the AG portion. It eventually reached that point but they only aired the first episode (long story short, I didn't have cable so I was on the whims of a non-cable network who wasn't the best). Because of that I couldn't followed it but I kept interested

Then, I found out May was going to be replaced. Didn't like at first but after checking a few DP episodes I got interested. Then I've seen some random episodes out of order here and there. The Aipom-Buizel trade dissapointed me and made me resist the idea of committing to fully watch it again.

Sometime after Ambipom was released I decide to watch again and from there on I started to watch it weekly up until that point.

So yeah, it's been over 10 years watching new episodes every single week. I don't regret it, to be honest.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I've been watching it since the OS first ever aired in the UK, way back when I was a wee child. I stopped watching for a short time when the first season of Advanced came about, but picked back up with Advanced Challenge and watched the previous season to catch myself up. At this point I also began to watch the RAW version as it aired in Japan and found this particularly enjoyable. These days I watch all RAW episodes as they air, then again as they get subbed and yet again once they're dubbed..

I also look forward to starting from scratch and rewatching it all over again with my future children..

Observer

Mostly watching
Since it was airing season 1 on UPN all the way up to when Charmander evolved and would start back over with episode 1. I didn't start watching it on Kids WB until UPN stopped showing it, after that I've been consistent with it ever since and haven't stopped yet.

For the record, I didn't like it at first when I was a kid but it grew on me.

Yago_jm

Can't remember the exact age, but since I was a kid and now I'm 23.
I kept up with the brazillian dub until the end of Battle Frontier and started watching the japanese episodes weekly when D/P started.
Took some breaks here and there between X/Y and S/M because of university which I finished last year, but I'm back to weekly episodes now.

TheCrazyMaster

Diamond and Pearl! The first episode that I ever watched was the Roark rematch episode. But I also recall seeing the Lucario movie on tv one time. Not sure if I watched it before or after DP aired, considering that it was most likely on Cartoon Network.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Interesting topic.

I have watched each and every main series episode in existence. I initially started watching when Johto episodes were airing, and then when I gained interest, I watched from episode 1.

I stopped watching after BW aired, but again started watching in XY when Ash caught Goomy. And then I binge watched whole of BW and early episodes of XY till Ash caught Goomy. After that, I am watching it weekly as and when episode airs!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Essentially since it began. I don't remember exactly when, but I do remember that the recurring Jigglypuff was in one of the first episodes I saw, and the talking Hitmonchan and Chansey were also there, but I might be mixing two episodes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Since the Cerulean Gym, stopped in BW after Team Plasma got axed but watched the Meowth/Subway arc and Elesa's battle(which I regretted) and quickly caught up when Krookodile was joining Ash. I know some people waited and watched DA in small binges but I watched the whole thing as it came, would I have had I known it was essentially the "Everyone but Ash and friends get new Pokemon" saga? Probably not...

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I started watching Pokémon anime about 10 years ago when I was about 7-8 years old and came to know about it by a friend. I watched whole of OS, orange islands and a little bit of johto saga in regional dub. After that I could not watch the anime as the channel was not so consistent with new episodes.

But at that time I never knew that something ever existed other than OS and johto.. But soon they started airing BW episodes, but never aired it completely.

Then after this I engaged in my studies and not able to watch anime for about 5 years.. And then when I got time started watching again from AG and watched till XY in eng dub...

And then from SM I watch the latest episode airing every week...