1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How long have you gone without watching the show?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Sonic Boom, Feb 23, 2010.

?

Your longest hiatus from the show?

1. 0-6 months

18.2%
  2. 6 months -1 year

13.6%
  3. 1-2 years

18.2%
  4. 2-3 years

9.1%
  5. 3-4 years

13.6%
  6. 4-5 years

6.8%
  7. 5-6 years

4.5%
  8. 6+ years

15.9%
  1. TicoPokemonMaster

TicoPokemonMaster Well-Known Member

I have been very in tune with watching the show every weekend but there have been times when I spaced out. Most of the time it was when Kids WB would air new episodes weekday afternoons. I was usually in afterschool activities in the 5 grade and middle school. So I would miss those episodes. But would get caught up with the reruns. Then it was during the BF Saga. It was after May's contest in Fuishia city until about the time that Ash faced Brandon. So I would say about a month and a half of episodes that I missed. It wasn't that I wasn't interested because I was and still am, but at that time I was studying for a big test here in the US called the SAT. Plus the test was on a saturday morning so I missed out on the episode.

2. Shinji_Charizard

Shinji_Charizard Well-Known Member

I was 7 when I started to watch the show, I'm 16 now .When charizard, squirtle and bulbasaur left, I stopped watching for like 2 years, I sometimes watched, but I didn't follow the show anymore. Then after some years I saw a hoen episode, and I quite liked it. After that point I started watching the show more.

3. Spacialrend

Spacialrend Gallade owns

I've been watching the show for years (obviously) but if I had to state how long I've gone without keeping up with the episodes, it would take me all the way back to Johto (yeah, kinda skipped "parts" of it, around the middle, after Charizard left) I don't remember how or why I did, but it made me miss important stuff. By the time I returned to it, it as the one where everyone was in Larvitar's head (god he annoyed me), so I didnt have a clue what was going on. I don't remember many episodes after that, but I remember in the Silver Conference, I saw Ash's whole battle with Gary, then that Harrison guy. After that they changed around what time/channel they aired AG, but I remember watching the first bunch where Ash met May. Bt I've seen every episode of Battle Frontier except Numero Uno Articuno, (maybe I did see it, just cant remember) and from now I have seen EVERY Diamond and Pearl episode (on Toasted TV), even Galactic Battles, which they ave not even aired yet down here in AUSSIE. So now I youtube them every Sunday so I keep up with everyone else. Sadly I cant read Japanese so I have to wait for Gible and Infernape....

4. CliveKoopa

CliveKoopa Well-Known Member

Probably about 7-8 years at most but thats only because ITV1 no longer airs the anime and I don't have the channels that do. I now have upgraded to broadband a few years ago and have recently discovered download sites so I have managed to get myself bang up to date as ITV1 hasn't showed a single episode since early Johto and only showed a few Hoenn episodes. I am now well ahead of the UK and have just downloaded the most recent US episode.

5. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

All of Johto.
    So basically through my middle school years and first year of high school. Then I caught on with AG and loved it!

And I don't really feel the want to watch every episode anymore. I mean now I will usually only watch an episode if something fun happens or a cool character is on.

yeah, i don't worry about missing this days episode!

6. aa_623

aa_623 Well-Known Member

I watched all through Kanto and the Orange Islands. I only watched the first like 10 episodes of Johto, then only tuned in every now and then and saw a few episodes, then not at all. I did start watching again right before the end of Johto. From then on I only watched episodes now and then. I made sure to tune in everytime Misty came back and when Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard came back. I do watch reruns of the current season from time to time.

7. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

I missed out on the majority of Master Quest, thanks to the endless fatigue known as Johto finally getting to me. A combination of both fresh ideas and an overall improvement in episode quality toward the end of Johto got me back into the series with Season 6, and since then, I haven't ever tuned out for more than a few weeks at a time (for instance, I didn't watch a couple of those recent Johto-promoting DP episodes, but I jumped back in shortly after).

8. Juputoru

Juputoru M-m-m-m-onobear?!

Amazingly, I actually lasted throughout all of Johto(well, I may have missed an ep here or there, but I don't remember just getting bored and not watching for months on end). However...once Johto was done, I drifted out of the show for a few months after AG started. I can't remember when I got back into watching it, but it couldn't have been more than 3 months or so.

I also got a bit bored with the show for about a month at the beginning of DP. And for various other short periods I've probably forgotten.

9. Daude

Daude You talkin' to me?

I've watched the last of Johto, full Hoenn and Sinnoh (to the episode today)

But I've watched Kanto online, and the rest of Johto.

10. streetlightdsb

streetlightdsb Uni hiatus

I stopped watching after Johto. I pretty much abandoned Pokemon altogether until the somewhere near the beginning of DP. Then i played a bit of my friends version of Diamond, got back into the games, and then the Anime. After that I spent a lot of time catching up with Gen 3, both the Games and the Anime. So I guess about 4 years?