1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Brandon00151, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon00151

Brandon00151 Well-Known Member

So far the games have had 2 female champions, but there's yet to be a female winner of the league. A few Female trainers have come close but only one has made it to the final round(Assunta most likely made it in the Kanto league), but none of them have won it. Maybe if Ash makes it to the Finals in Gen 6 he will be beaten by a Female Trainer.

2. Super-Staff

Super-Staff Turnabout Pokemon

I never noticed this.

You know, this reminds me, why not make Iris the champion? I mean, for once, it'd be nice to have someone in group actually win a title like champion of whatever tournament they enter.

3. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

She's barely ready to be a gym leader yet, the story line for Iris in the anime seems to be pre BW1 in terms of game continuity.

@ topic: I don't care. Woop.

4. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

If it happens I feel it'll happen long after I stopped watching the anime, so 5-10 years from now.

They already made her exceptional for a beginner. It wouldn't be fun to have a character who couldn't grow much from what she was already.

5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Well it took 5 gens for a female professor for goodness sakes. Cynthia was so popular that she kept coming back.

But I still find it amusing Ash never had an actual competent female rival in the whole show. Its like Bianca was made to be as ditzy as possible so nobody took her seriously.

6. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

What do you mean, casey was easily an elite rival, no one could stop her electabuzz

7. Sarefan

Sarefan Hylden General.

Well, we had the first Female Champion in gen 4, gen 5 gave us the first female Professor. Maybe next Gen they'll give us a female League winner in the anime. But i'm more hoping for a female Antagonist :)

8. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Well, honestly, neither of the two female Johto "Rivals" really qualified as them, more as recurring characters.

9. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

What do you mean, she appeared in like 8 episodes, that's pretty good

More then kotetsu

10. Super-Staff

Super-Staff Turnabout Pokemon

Unless the development given to her on the show had been different from the start?

11. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Hum, maybe, but she didn't really collect bdges did she? (unlike the other rival, but she only appeared in 2 or 3 eps as a league rival.. so yeah)

12. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

She was ash's baseball rival though :)

13. Honeyichigo

Honeyichigo The manliest

What are you talking about? Virgil is obviously a girl. How else would "he" be so pretty? :U

14. d4rk_tailed

d4rk_tailed Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

Well.....I always assumed that contests were introduced into the show as what (the best) female trainers would commit themselves to.

Who won the Kanto and Johto leagues that Ash competed in anyway?

15. Rovian

Rovian Kodoku no Koori

Professor Ivy didn't give starter pokemon to new trainers, but she was still a professor.

16. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

And she had huge knockers.

Anyway does it really matter? We've only had 5 leagues, which isn't even a high number if you think about it. Or maybe the writers don't want Ash losing the competition to a girl. Yes, I just brought sexism into this.

17. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

Why exactly does it matter if a female or male trainer wins the league? If the best happens to be a male or female then in the end it shouldn't matter. Pointless thread.

18. jdgjordan

jdgjordan The chosen Snorlax

Well half the boys in the show are voiced by girls does that count?

19. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Does it matter if a female wins the league or not? The important thing is that Ash won't be winning one anytime soon so it really shouldn't matter.

20. Yuppirox

Yuppirox hello

I'd like a female league winner for once, and I'm sure one will come eventually. The wait for a female champion and regional professor may have been long but it still happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.