• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

How long till Ash wins the league?
Seriously though, only way I could see this is if Ash gets an actual serious girl rival {Which I hope happens soon}

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Katherine would've made a good Rival, and she was close to being a League Winner.

Unless the development given to her on the show had been different from the start?

I don't see any possible way they could make " Iris Who's Done Everything Ash Couldn't " interesting for three years.

I don't find anything wrong with the way she's being written currently. She comes off as more experienced then Ash and is a believable candidate for her future role. It's just enough without being outrageous in my opinion.

zeno48

Zaker!
How long till Ash wins the league?
Seriously though, only way I could see this is if Ash gets an actual serious girl rival {Which I hope happens soon}

my question to you is why does he need to have a girl rival? What is so important about a female that a male can accomplish?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
my question to you is why does he need to have a girl rival? What is so important about a female that a male can accomplish?

I guess it's more for mix up a bit. Females that aren't Elite Trainers are rarely depicted as strong battlers and as such people want a... equality, we can say.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The question asked should be why femininity is suddenly considered important in a shonen animé?

zeno48

Zaker!
I guess it's more for mix up a bit. Females that aren't Elite Trainers are rarely depicted as strong battlers and as such people want a... equality, we can say.
Just because a certain number of people let it be boys or girls are more involved or accomplished in something of that field doesn't mean that there is inequality. Having more females just because you think is necessary is not a good reason. They as much as boys have everything at their disposal to become that but this show is geared towards boys and maybe a certain number aren't interested in battles and becoming champions? There are tons of anime that is over saturated with girls and actors that portray girls and boys. So there is no sexism. This is a shonen anime might i add so really i see no importance to this matter. Also maybe there have been females that have won the league offscreen. We just don't know since we are following Ash. In the end, it shouldn't matter what gender wins the league, only the best should count, and if those happen to be male or female then so be it. Nothing wrong with that, so stop making up problems where there are none.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Just because a certain number of people let it be boys or girls are more involved or accomplished in something of that field doesn't mean that there is inequality. Having more females just because you think is necessary is not a good reason. They as much as boys have everything at their disposal to become that but this show is geared towards boys and maybe a certain number aren't interested in battles and becoming champions? There are tons of anime that is over saturated with girls and actors that portray girls and boys. So there is no sexism. This is a shonen anime might i add so really i see no importance to this matter.

Ok. I just answered to you by saying what I think are the reasons of why people want more competent girls, that's all. I care more about how a character is treated in terms of development rather than gender, in all honesty.

zeno48

Zaker!
Ok. I just answered to you by saying what I think are the reasons of why people want more competent girls, that's all. I care more about how a character is treated in terms of development rather than gender, in all honesty.
Isn't iris the champion of unova in black and white 2? in the games they have a lot of females now that are becoming more accomplished. So when they split up she might end up being the new champion in the anime.

But when all the female rivals that Ash has ever had are treated as jokes (Bianca) or non entities (Katie) or someone who doesn't even show up at the League (Casey), wanting a female rival should be expected.

zeno48

Zaker!
But when all the female rivals that Ash has ever had are treated as jokes (Bianca) or non entities (Katie) or someone who doesn't even show up at the League (Casey), wanting a female rival should be expected.

Great logic, just because you think they aren't treated a certain way then we should obviously have more. Until they are treated the way you like? Sounds like you want them to be treated with hand gloves and put above a pedestal; Like if female trainers aren't already being over glorified and treated fairly enough. The writers have provided more female trainers on top of the ones we've already had, just because you don't like how they are portrayed doesn't mean their should be more of them.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The question asked should be why femininity is suddenly considered important in a shonen animé?

The Pokemon franchise has tried to appeal to girls ever since Crystal version came out with a female protagonist. That was all the way back in 2001 for goodness sakes.

Great logic, just because you think they aren't treated a certain way then we should obviously have more. Until they are treated the way you like? Sounds like you want them to be treated with hand gloves and put above a pedestal; female trainers aren't already being over glorified and treated fairly enough. The writers have provided more female trainers on top of the ones we've already had, just because you don't like how they are portrayed doesn't mean their should be more of them.

I disagree. I think whenever you have a rivalry, it's always quality over quantity. It's not a matter of how many rivals there are, it is a matter of how they are treated and the quality of their rivalry and their character. And your reasoning that I shouldn't want a rival to be treated the way I want them to is crazy. We all have our own ideas on what kind of rivals Ash should or shouldn't have so obviously I would stick up for what I want to happen in this show. I already listed my problems with Bianca. She had terrible handling and almost no development. Casey didn't even show up at the League so her potential was wasted and Katie was more of a COTD rival even if she was a competent trainer. Just because I want a female rival that is actually competent for a change shouldn't mean I should get bashed for it. I am asking for Ash to get a competent female rival who is treated right for once. Is that too much to ask?

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
0_o .... Cynthia is the Champion of Sinnoh so we know she won a league... And I'm sure their are more female champions out there so- why are people calling to sexist when the majority of this show has male cast members? It would be different if we had an abudance of female characters but we don't.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Well assuming for one to become a Regional Champion, one must defeat the regions league, so technically Cynthia has won a League. Not sure when it will happen on-screen, like it matters.-.-

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's gonna come soon, we've got Jupiter, Cynthia and Bianca. All first time females in a certain position. League winner will come soon enough....I hope. D:

Wait, what did Jupiter do?

Anyway, I guess Cynthia beat the League at one point since she's a Champion, but I guess that doesn't count since it was off-screen. I think a female League winner would have redeemed the Unova League, but the only ones that deserved to win either lost early in the tournament or didn't compete at all in my opinion.

zeno48

Zaker!
I think a female League winner would have redeemed the Unova League, but the only ones that deserved to win either lost early in the tournament or didn't compete at all in my opinion
Are you kidding me? nothing, and absolutely nothing would have redeemed the unova league had a male or female won the league. You are clearly being sexist. The only ones that deserve to win are the best and only the best whether it's male or female. Why can't that be enough? nope we have to have more females portrayed in over glorified matters.

I disagree. I think whenever you have a rivalry, it's always quality over quantity. It's not a matter of how many rivals there are, it is a matter of how they are treated and the quality of their rivalry and their character. And your reasoning that I shouldn't want a rival to be treated the way I want them to is crazy. We all have our own ideas on what kind of rivals Ash should or shouldn't have so obviously I would stick up for what I want to happen in this show. I already listed my problems with Bianca. She had terrible handling and almost no development. Casey didn't even show up at the League so her potential was wasted and Katie was more of a COTD rival even if she was a competent trainer. Just because I want a female rival that is actually competent for a change shouldn't mean I should get bashed for it. I am asking for Ash to get a competent female rival who is treated right for once. Is that too much to ask?
No matter how much you sugarcoat it you are asking for a girl to be a rival just because she isn't treated up to your standards and that's wrong. If ash gets a female rival she should be treated like a male would be treated and give them a personality that you may not agree with. Also the way you feel is how i feel about Ash right now, and would love for a new male character that actually knows what he is doing and show some development. Again it shouldn't matter what type of rival he gets as long as they are suited for his development. Be it boy or girl and that goes for characters you might not like.

Status
Not open for further replies.