• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeno48

Zaker!
Well Cynthia won the league offscreen. I would've hugily enjoyed it if Bianca won, but that's just my fanboy spirit acting.

That's the thing, their are probably more female trainers that have won off screen.

No matter how much you sugarcoat it you are asking for a girl to be a rival just because she isn't treated up to your standards and that's wrong. If ash gets a female rival she should be treated like a male would be treated and give them a personality that you may not agree with. Also the way you feel is how i feel about Ash right now, and would love for a new male character that actually knows what he is doing and show some development. Again it shouldn't matter what type of rival he gets as long as they are suited for his development. Be it boy or girl and that goes for characters you might not like.

I don't give a rat's tail what you think is right and wrong. It's normal for people to want the show to do certain things. If someone says they want Charizard back because he was epic in Kanto, that's people wanting things solely for wanting them and there's nothing wrong with that. And I'm not sorry for having an opinion and stating that I want a competent rival because in my opinion Bianca is one of the worst main rivals in the history of this show and I don't want them to go in that direction with a female rival next saga. So no, I don't think it's wrong that I want a competent female rival because we have never had one before. If I said in DP, I want a competent TR because we never had that before, would you say I was being illogical or wrong? Probably not. So like I said, I don't give a rat's tail about what you have to say. I want a competent female rival just like I want Ash to win a League or TR to stay competent or Charizard to return.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
That's the thing, their are probably more female trainers that have won off screen.

Except we don't know any of those off-screen winning female trainers. The only female trainer we know of who has won the league is Cynthia if I'm not wrong. Please correct me if that's the case.

zeno48

Zaker!
I don't give a rat's tail what you think is right and wrong. It's normal for people to want the show to do certain things. If someone says they want Charizard back because he was epic in Kanto, is there logic in that?! Heck, no. That's people wanting things solely for wanting them. And I'm not sorry for having an opinion and stating that I want a competent rival because in my opinion Bianca is one of the worst main rivals in the history of this show and I don't want them to go in that direction with a female rival next saga. So no, I don't think it's wrong that I want a competent female rival because we have never had one before. If I said in DP, I want a competent TR because we never had that before, would you say I was being illogical or wrong? Probably not. So like I said, I don't give a rat's tail about what you have to say. I want a competent female rival just like I want Ash to win a League or TR to stay competent or Charizard to return.
Lol, well take it up with the writers or watch something else because the target audience is for boys. You are irrelevant so it doesn't matter what you want or think. It's up to the writers and you could either watch it or go watch other shows that have "competent females" like you put it. I'm done with this.

Except we don't know any of those off-screen winning female trainers. The only female trainer we know of who has won the league is Cynthia if I'm not wrong. Please correct me if that's the case.

we don't know, but that doesn't mean their aren't any.

Last edited:
Lol, well take it up with the writers or watch something else because the target audience is for boys. You are irrelevant so it doesn't matter what you want or think. It's up to the writers and you could either watch it or go watch other shows that are more up your taste. I'm done with this.

Did I say it mattered what I thought or that my opinion would change the show? No, I didn't so leave me alone and stop bashing me. Your opinion is just as irrelevant as mine so you wanting Ash replaced won't do anything either. Just because the show is for boys doesn't mean they can't have strong females because they have. Look at May and Dawn. And I love Pokémon. It's my favorite show and every season that the show had has been epic. I want a competent female rival but if the show never has one, I would never think any less of the show.

Last edited:

zeno48

Zaker!
Did I say it mattered what I thought or that my opinion would change the show? No, I didn't so leave me alone and stop bashing me. Your opinion is just as irrelevant as mine so you wanting Ash replaced what do anything either. Just because the show is for boys doesn't mean they can't have strong females because they have. Look at May and Dawn. And I love Pokémon. It's my favorite show and every season that the show had has been epic. I want a competent female rival but if the show never has one, I would never think any less of the show.

Learn the difference between being criticized and bashing. If you assume i am bashing you because i don't agree with what you said then you clearly aren't fit to debate anyone since you throw around baseless assumptions. I'm just stating flaws in your argument.

Learn the difference between being criticized and bashing. If you assume i am bashing you because i don't agree with what you said then you clearly aren't fit to debate anyone since you throw around baseless assumptions. I'm just stating flaws in your argument.

I am not trying to make an argument. I said I wanted a competent female rival just like people say that they want Charizard back or TR to return to being silly. You should have never replied to my post in the first place. And I am fit to debate but there is nothing to debate with you about because all I said was I would like Ash to have a competent female rival for a change. THAT'S IT. Now please don't reply to this because I am done with you. The next time someone says that they hope something happens in the anime, I hope you aren't online to see and respond to them.

I don't feel like looking it up, but didn't a girl with an Ivysaur end up beating Ritchie and winning the Kanto League?

She didn't end up winning the League actually. There is picture of the Top 3 finishers in the Kanto League and you could see that the first place finisher was a guy that looked like Brock.

I am not sure if that's going to make a difference. I mean having a girl win doesn't mean the league or the show is going to be better. (kinda like having a stoic female rival doesn't equal being a better character).

zeno48

Zaker!
I am not trying to make an argument. I said I wanted a competent female rival just like people say that they want Charizard back or TR to return to being silly. You should have never replied to my post in the first place. And I am fit to debate but there is nothing to debate with you about because all I said was I would like Ash to have a competent female rival for a change. THAT'S IT. Now please don't reply to this because I am done with you. The next time someone says that they hope something happens in the anime, I hope you aren't online to see and respond to them.
Your argument is that you want a competent female trainer, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying it shouldn't matter what type of rival he has, but you have yet to make add anything aside from: "i don't like how (insert character) is treated therefore at some point he should have one". Well tough luck. He probably will get one, however to me that's irrelevant and if they aren't treated how you like then that doesn't add anything that we haven't seen before from other good male characters and the champion cynthia, just complaints over nothing. I want to see how that rival makes Ash more competent and strong if that's even possible now. No matter what gender.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your argument is that you want a competent female trainer, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying it shouldn't matter what type of rival he has, but you have yet to make add anything aside from: "i don't like how (insert character) is treated therefore at some point he should have one". Well tough luck. He probably will get one, however to me that's irrelevant and if they aren't treated how you like then that doesn't add anything that we haven't seen before from other good male characters and the champion cynthia, just complaints over nothing. I want to see how that rival makes Ash more competent and strong if that's even possible now. No matter what gender.

That's not my argument. That's what I want. And I don't want a competent female rival because Bianca is a horrible rival. I want a competent female rival because for the most part, we have always gotten the same arrogant rival who hates Ash and is always a step ahead of him until the end. Girls are very different than boys in a lot of ways and could bring a different dynamic to the show. So wanting a competent one because I'm really not a fan of goofy rivals like Bianca and Barry shouldn't get me criticized by you. And should it matter what type of villain TR are? Not really but that doesn't mean I could want TR a certain way. Why does it matter how anything in Pokémon is written? It shouldn't but that doesn't mean I can't want someone to act a certain way.

Last edited by a moderator:

gohan5

Irisboy
I am not sure if that's going to make a difference. I mean having a girl win doesn't mean the league or the show is going to be better. (kinda like having a stoic female rival doesn't equal being a better character).

It's not a matter of people thinking the league would have automatically been better, you're missing the point. It's the issue of variability, now in a time where people are seeing all of the patterns happening over and over, it's only natural to want to see something different. Just like Prof Juniper, Cynthia, and Bianca were the firsts in their own rights, people also want to eventually see a female league rival actually win the whole thing and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's not a matter of people thinking the league would have automatically been better, you're missing the point. It's the issue of variability, now in a time where people are seeing all of the patterns happening over and over, it's only natural to want to see something different. Just like Prof Juniper, Cynthia, and Bianca were the firsts in their own rights, people also want to eventually see a female league rival actually win the whole thing and there's nothing wrong with that.

Thank you.

^BTW there's nothing wrong with someone agreeing with me as well -_-

people also want to eventually see a female league rival actually win the whole thing and there's nothing wrong with that.

Okay I understand. No need to get defensive. As long as this character isn't a stoic character... I'm cool with it.

zeno48

Zaker!

Ok, but having something different doesn't mean it's better. Again even if all of a sudden we had a surge of female champions, so what? doesn't necessarily mean a series or show is good or different. Showcasing something different would be Ash capturing a legendary and that would add to the show.

^BTW there's nothing wrong with someone agreeing with me as well -_-

Okay I understand. No need to get defensive. As long as this character isn't a stoic character... I'm cool with it.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that at all. Sorry if I offended you.

Ok, but having something different doesn't mean it's better. Again even if all of a sudden we had a surge of female champions, so what? doesn't necessarily mean a series or show is good or different. Showcasing something different would be Ash capturing a legendary and that would add to the show.

But that doesn't mean they should never try something different. Your logic is seriously flawed. Let's say in DP I said that I wanted TR to be serious because I didn't like the way they were going and I wanted them to change because I was sick of obnoxious TR. Changing them to serious may not work but it is a risk and a change I would like to see because I don't like goofy TR. You act like taking risks and change is bad.

Last edited:
I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that at all. Sorry if I offended you.

Oh that's okay.

Ok, but having something different doesn't mean it's better. Again even if all of a sudden we had a surge of female champions, so what? doesn't necessarily mean a series or show is good or different. Showcasing something different would be Ash capturing a legendary and that would add to the show

Yeah and then people are going to want male champions and the show will still be the same. That was basically what I said except you said it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.