• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
How long until a female wins the league? Well the only and best advice is to wait patiently, wait patiently and it will come.

I'm more for wanting Ash to win a league over some random girl but if people want it that badly, then fine. I really don't care. I just think that boy/guys are much more stronger in certain sports than girls/gals. It has nothing to do with gender, it's just the way it is. Maybe pokemon battles is more for boys to get involved in over girls. i have no problem with that. I just wish people wouldn't take it as something to squirm about so much. But hopefully they won't make another girl rival character like Bianca for Ash again. That wasn't fun.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Bianca actually developed. She managed to collect eight badges before the league starts, got to Top 64. This is her first league and she doesn't have plot armour, unlike Ash, so kudos to her for making it so far.
Bianca's battling skills improving is not character development, it's just her becoming a stronger trainer. Something we see from every trainer in this show, on the fly Bianca is still the same ol' person she was since day one. The only rivals that have developed are Georgia and Trip, the latter's development being very rushed and somewhat forced and the former's being done perfectly subtle and well, honestly Georgia is probably one of the best written rivals in this show and the best of Best Wishes. Given we haven't seen Bianca's quest, how can you claim her not to have "plot armor?" Her only really strong, competent Pokemon that we've seen is her Emboar which got wasted by Stephan's Sawk and Cameron's Riolu who are both very strong Pokemon. We haven't seen much power from Minccino or Escavalier to be honest. That's my problem with both Bianca and Trip, they both have too much of an over reliance on their starters.

Lunanight

Not necessarily.

By the looks of this thread, people would rather see a girl win a league than Ash. The character of the characters > their gender. Would you rather have a female character (basically gender-flip Tobias and replace his team with Pseudos, Lucario, Eevees, other cliche stuff) who is a blatent mary sue win a league despite having no real personality and no connection to Ash, or just any of Ash's male rivals who actually have developed and aren't gary sues.

So long as the character who wins the league isn't a sue, a last minute league rival, the personification of DEM, or multiple of the aforementioned, then I don't care whether it is a guy or a girl who wins. Seriously, the double standards with people...why do people want a female to win the league so much? It is utterly trivial whether its a guy or a girl, but the only thing you SHOULD care about is: is the winner an undenyable mary/gary sue? Did the winner even deserve to win? And did they actually have any impact on the actual story (Whoever won the Kanto and Johto League had 0 impact whatsoever. Tobias, while being last-minute, actually battled Ash and was hyped for several episodes so he had much more of an impact by comparison)?

I guarrentee that if Tobias was gender-flipped, keeping the same Pokemon and whatever personality he has intact, then the gender-flipped Tobias would either be praised, or hated less than the Tobias which was a guy. It would be less of "Tobias used a Darkrai AND a Latios which was so OP" and more of "OMG! Finally a female wins a league". People wouldn't care too much about the legendaries, because its a girl and thus it makes up for those sueish things *sarcasm*. Because if Tobias ever was gender-flipped, I would still have the EXACT same opinion of him regardless of whether he is gender-flipped or not.

I keep mentioning Tobias for a reason since people seem to want a female to win who is basically Cynthia 2.0/Tobias gender-flipped. Does it actually matter that a female hasn't won? No. Will it matter? Depends on the female. If its a completely random female (like those guys who one the Kanto League and the Johto League) then I will not be amused. If its a rival, be it one Ash has any real interactions with (Bianca, or any other of his rivals not named Virgil for that matter) then that is good.

If a CotD wins a league (read: like the guys who won the Kanto League and the Johto League), then it should NEVER matter if they were guys or girls. I could rant about those people who want a female getting the gym badges, or outright being the main protagonist, but this thread REALLY isn't the place for that...

Last edited:
By the looks of this thread, people would rather see a girl win a league than Ash. The character of the characters > their gender. Would you rather have a female character (basically gender-flip Tobias and replace his team with Pseudos, Lucario, Eevees, other cliche stuff) who is a blatent mary sue win a league despite having no real personality and no connection to Ash, or just any of Ash's male rivals who actually have developed and aren't gary sues.

So long as the character who wins the league isn't a sue, a last minute league rival, the personification of DEM, or multiple of the aforementioned, then I don't care whether it is a guy or a girl who wins. Seriously, the double standards with people...why do people want a female to win the league so much? It is utterly trivial whether its a guy or a girl, but the only thing you SHOULD care about is: is the winner an undenyable mary/gary sue? Did the winner even deserve to win? And did they actually have any impact on the actual story (Whoever won the Kanto and Johto League had 0 impact whatsoever. Tobias, while being last-minute, actually battled Ash and was hyped for several episodes so he had much more of an impact by comparison)?

I guarrentee that if Tobias was gender-flipped, keeping the same Pokemon and whatever personality he has intact, then the gender-flipped Tobias would either be praised, or hated less than the Tobias which was a guy. It would be less of "Tobias used a Darkrai AND a Latios which was so OP" and more of "OMG! Finally a female wins a league". People wouldn't care too much about the legendaries, because its a girl and thus it makes up for those sueish things *sarcasm*. Because if Tobias ever was gender-flipped, I would still have the EXACT same opinion of him regardless of whether he is gender-flipped or not.

I keep mentioning Tobias for a reason since people seem to want a female to win who is basically Cynthia 2.0/Tobias gender-flipped. Does it actually matter that a female hasn't won? No. Will it matter? Depends on the female. If its a completely random female (like those guys who one the Kanto League and the Johto League) then I will not be amused. If its a rival, be it one Ash has any real interactions with (Bianca, or any other of his rivals not named Virgil for that matter) then that is good.

If a CotD wins a league (read: like the guys who won the Kanto League and the Johto League), then it should NEVER matter if they were guys or girls. I could rant about those people who want a female getting the gym badges, or outright being the main protagonist, but this thread REALLY isn't the place for that...

I want to say a big this to this here since it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the idea of a girl winning the league. I've said it before but it doesn't really matter of a girl wins the leage. I know people WANT that, but it seems to me that they don't care what girl wins as long as she has boobs. Same with people wanting a female team leader etc but I won't get into that. But it's nice that others agree with me with out getting hit with the misogyny card.

gohan5

Irisboy
I want to say a big this to this here since it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the idea of a girl winning the league. I've said it before but it doesn't really matter of a girl wins the leage. I know people WANT that, but it seems to me that they don't care what girl wins as long as she has boobs. Same with people wanting a female team leader etc but I won't get into that. But it's nice that others agree with me with out getting hit with the misogyny card.

It has nothing to do with misogynistic views, that's what a few fail to see. They just noticed that it hasn't really happened and would like to see it. It's no different than wanting a Fire type that's not also a Fighting type. I think people are unnecessarily bringing misogyny into it, but that's on them.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Well there's only been 4 leagues. Could happen next league.

Does gender really matter though?

I wonder considering X and Y. @.@
/killed xD

Damnit chromozones. lol

gohan5

Irisboy
As long as it doesn't turn out like Fire/Fighting. I'm sure Cynthia won a league though. Sometime. XD

That's what we don't want, which is how it is now. Some people just would like to see a female win the league on screen, what with all of important female roles we've seen lately (Prof Juniper). Sure Cynthia probably has, but it's different.

To be perfectly honest here, a pebble has more of a chance at beating any Pokemon league than Ash does. Would be cool to see another female champion.

Loly

I would like to see a female League winner/female rival.

I'm pretty sure that Pokemon has a fairly significant female fanbase (thus, the being able to choose between female and male in the games). I definitely find it easier to relate to female characters than to male characters, just like I relate to characters who have had similar pasts, have similar interests, ect. So, I don't see why there shouldn't be a female rival/League winner. There's already been loads of male rivals/League winners, so why not mix it up a bit, and reach a wider audience?

Bianca and Burgundy really weren't handled well, and Burgundy was one of my favourite characters at the start of BW. It's not like there can't be female characters that don't really accomplish anything onscreen (even though it's bad writing!), but not every character that does accomplish something should be male, either. And, even though some people have said that the Contests were for the female fans, they're not around anymore, plus there WAS a male Top Coordinator, and some interesting male rivals who did well in the Grand Festivals (Harley, Drew, Nando, ect), so there's no reason not to have a female League Winner, too.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master

where did that come from. i don't think people care if she has boobs. they care that she isn't some random league only trainer

ParaChomp

be your own guru
A female having dominance? In a Japanese cartoon? How rich. If you're still there wondering, the answer is never.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well there's only been 4 leagues. Could happen next league.

Does gender really matter though?

Apparently it does for the internet White Knights, to the point that they want a character that its everything that goes against what they say to win, like Belle and Koharu being suggested to win the league for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.