• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long were you into Pokemon, and what got you into it?

samhain88

Magikarp trainer
I got into it I believe in 1998. I was about 10 at the time. Around the time when the craze started. One of my friends had a binder full of cards and I looked through it and was hooked.

That Christmas I got a see thru Purple GameBoy color ad Pokemon Red version. Still going strong to this day.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I got into Pokémon itself whenever the animé started. I think. It could have been the cards, now that I think of it.
I got into the games whenever I got Red version. I don't know when that was, but I know my brother had Yellow a few months before I got Red.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Ever since the first games, cards and Anime came out.
I must have been playing Pokémon since I was about 5 or 6, can't really remember, but if I look up the dates that's what it'll say. I was the best player in my town along with my best friend, we used to hook up to other people and we'd beat them easily.
It was the best.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Not that long actually. It was around April 2007 - when Battle Frontier was on TV and Pokemon Ranger had just come out. It was my first Pokemon game and I was instantly hooked. I also adored the anime - probably why BF is my favourite season. I then bought Diamond and Pearl and the rest is history. Almost four years on my interest has waxed and waned but I'm still here - and at the minute I'm completely and utterly obsessed with Pokemon.

i was in the 2nd grade when the first anime show came out nd i had found my blue version too bad to whoever lost it lol

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Since the beginning. I remember Christmas '99 getting a yellow GB and a copy of Yellow to match ;)

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
I started loving pokemon when I saw the anime. Although I started playing the pokemon game in 2001, I got my Gold and Silver Versions for my birthday. Yup, I started my pokemon journey on 2nd gen.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I got into Pokemon in September 1998, when I was just starting Kindergarten.

I got into by sheer luck. There was this show that I used to watch that aired right before the Pokemon anime. Normally, my mom would change the channel to another show as soon as my show was over. But one day, my mom was in the kitchen when my show ended, and so nobody changed the channel. I ended up watching an episode of Pokemon (Battle Aboard the St. Anne) and that was that. :)

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
I was like 1-3. My sister had Red Blue and Yellow and sometimes I got to play, when I was 3 I remember after many tries I beat the E4 while my sister never got past Lance.

I was born in 1996 so I had a lot of Pokémon stuff from since I was a toddler. When I was 4 I got a GBC along with Pokémon Red and Silver. I played and finished those two many times with all three starters.

Around 2005 I got a GBA and a Sapphire, 2006 I got Emerald.

Then it wasn't until 2010 when I got a DS and Platinum and then last August cause I was at the hospital, HG.

Now I await the European release of B/W. Could not care less which one I get for the first time ever.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
First-gen, because everyone at my school was into it; I figured I'd try to fit in and play the games and watch the show. I got hooked, and awaited the second-gen for what seemed like ages, only to discover that nobody cared about pokemon anymore (where I lived, at least). I didn't get back into it until fourth-gen premiered.

pkmnlover25

I've been into it since 2008 and never doubted pokemon since. I got nto it with colosseum and loved it since.

Zauchon

The Adventurer
i got it for christmas back when the game boy color first came out, must have been 1998, so i was about 5, and I got pokemon blue. have bought every game since then. i watched the first few seasons of the anime too, which i loved back then.

Grey Wind

I can't remember when I started watching th show but my brother gave me his Sapphire when I was about 9 and I've played the games since.

Cloud369

I got into pokemon about when I was 6-7 years old. Turned on TV and the Pokemon show was about to begin, I watched it. And thanks to that I love Pokemon. XD

finalname09

Na Na Niii
Long time ago. The first season of the anime, about... 9 years ago? ;o

First heard of a Pokemon game is Red/Blue at school. Someone was playing it. My only memory for that back then was the player going up from Pallet Town and suddenly the screen fades out to black for few times. LOL

I got to it since being able to play Pokemon Red I guess. :)

Last edited:

yoshi1990

Yoshi Trainer
I have ben with pokemon since the beginning. I watched the first episode and had to buy the game. I never got any of the 3rd gen games.

darthroker29

Sith Lord
Cant really remember about the anime, but I've played Silver version when it first came out and was instantly hooked. After that i went and bought the previous versions adn Ive played every game after that....

Jerre

Gogoat!
The first time the Anime was aired here, i was Hooked into Pokémon It was Episode 2, not 1. Then i've played Pokémon Red a little bit later with my neighbour, i also borrowed it to help raise his team and catch other ones. We didn't catch all 150 Pokémon.