• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How long will the Ultra Beast arc last?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
;476; Since it talks about future events, or at least potential future events I decided to post it here just to be safe.

So how long do you guys think the Ultra Beast arc will last, will it last only up until Necrozma's defeat or will continue to last beyond Necrozma albeit sporadically?

I am hoping for the later because I wish to see a full fledged ultra beast invasion like or at least similar to the games. ;377;

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well given that Buzzwole has already come and gone suggests it's not going to be a full UB invasion, and instead it'll be one UB per episode, where they get released the same episode.

Actually, there's no reason it has to last only up to Necrozma, since it seems like the UB's appearing might be separate from Necrozma, since Necrozma arc seems to be closely tied to Poipole. However, I won't be surprised if they finish the UB's first, and then introduce Necrozma and Ultra Megapolis.

As for how long the arc might last, I'm guessing it's going to be a season of its own, so maybe anywhere from 30-35 episodes.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I expect this to be a long, drawn out arc, which will last till the end of the SM series.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Given the focus on Poipole and some other Ultra Beasts in the opening I think that the Ultra Beast arc would last for an entire season (until a new opening starts). I don't think it will be way too long though and might focus more on Team Skull later on.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I expect this to be a long, drawn out arc, which will last till the end of the SM series.

Yeah.. it is gonna be long.. otherwise the writers would have focused on that only from the first episode of ultra beasts and fillers won't be included in between like the aether foundation arc!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Not that long if every single one is caught and dumped in a single episode. I at least hope Guzzlord gets a big battle, he's the UB that deserves a lot of focus/attention. He's capable of destroying the freaking planet! And you can't pull the 'misunderstood' card on that, the Pokemon destroyed his own home world.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Not that long if every single one is caught and dumped in a single episode. I at least hope Guzzlord gets a big battle, he's the UB that deserves a lot of focus/attention. He's capable of destroying the freaking planet! And you can't pull the 'misunderstood' card on that, the Pokemon destroyed his own home world.

It is misunderstood in that it only eats because it’s always hungry but it never does it out of malice. :p

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Now why do I have the feeling that they will pacify and catch Guzzlord by having an eating contest between Ash, Sophocles and Guzzlord, with the final deal being Sophocles giving it a konpeito.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I expect the Ultra Beast arc will be a long, drawn-out season of its own, with other arcs (such as Ash's Island Challenge) and filler episodes in between the arc's plot-relevant episodes—similar to the Zygarde arc in XY&Z. I don't know if the Ultra Beast arc will last until the end of the anime, but I think it will last for at least a season.

As Akkipeddi suggested, I think Necrozma will be closely tied to Poipole, so I don't think the Ultra Beast arc will end with Necrozma. I think Necrozma and Poipole might have their own arc separate from the rest of the Ultra Beasts. Personally, I would like to see Ash and his friends visit Ultra Megapolis.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!

That's not true, its home world was already wrecked when it got there! An incident with a power plant caused that world to go to hell. Guzzlord was left behind to clean up the mess.... even then Guzzlord isn't doing so well.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Depending on how long this gen will last, seems to be that they going with either one UB per month or one UB per two months approach.

Nihilego was October.
Poipole was December.
Buzzwole was February.

Looking at this, others will likely appear along the order of their locations in the dex. Ie.

Pheromosa for March/April.
Xurkitree for April/July.
Kartana for May/September.
Celesteela for June/November.
Guzzlord for July/January.
Stakataka for September/February.
Blacephalon for October/April.

And of course, Naganadel for Necrozma climax.

Edit: The checklist:
Nihilego was October.
Poipole was December.
Buzzwole was February.
Celesteela was April.
Naganadel & Stakataka were August.
Ultra Necrozma was September.
Xurkitee & Blacephalon were November.
Guzzlord was December.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Depending on how long this gen will last, seems to be that they going with either one UB per month or one UB per two months approach.

Nihilego was October.
Poipole was December.
Buzzwole was February.

Looking at this, others will likely appear along the order of their locations in the dex. Ie.

Pheromosa for March/April.
Xurkitree for April/July.
Kartana for May/September.
Celesteela for June/November.
Guzzlord for July/January.
Stakataka for September/February.
Blacephalon for October/April.

And of course, Naganadel for Necrozma climax.

Except that Poipole debuted in the anime in the same episode as Buzzwole, not in December. That sort of debunks this theory, doesn't it?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If Zeraora isn't revealed in the upcoming movie, then this isn't gonna be the closing arc. If it is revealed, then this likely is the last major arc before a shortly timed league or whatever type of battle stuff Ash does before moving onto Gen 8.

30+ episodes sounds about right

Rajas

It'll last at least six months imo, they will have fillers in between and possibly a burst of UB episodes coming down to the arc's conclusion leading to a possible big battle.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Probably a while, since it looks like we'll have other events and story lines going on at the same time.

Heck, right now we have 4 episode between Buzzwole and the next UB (including one that sounds like pure filler). Maybe a little longer depending what we learn from the next batch of episode titles & summaries.

It looks like we'll be spending some time on Ula'Ula Island judging by the poster (why else would Acerola and Nanu be there?), we still have the island trials (though they're treated as an afterthought), and development for characters and Pokemon in general. (And what the devil happened to Team Skull:confused: )
Heck, for all we know Necrozma may be a different story arc after the UBs...<_<

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm guessing that it'll last several months since we're apparently going to see fillers in between each Ultra Beast encounter. I'll predict that this mini-arc will last for about as much as Episode N.

Chomper4

I feel it will end when Poipole, now a Naganadel returns to the Ultra Recon Squad.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
One thing I am hoping for is that before the end of the arc we get Multiple UBs appearing at once whether it be multiple of the same species, several different species at once (similar to how Poipole appeared at the same time as Buzzwole) or a combination of both such as, and this is just an example, 2 Xurkitree doing battle with like 20 Kartana.