• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

how many adults are out there playing pokemon?? i feel so alone :(

mmweinst

I feel like I'm the only one who plays pokemon at this age... and I'm 23. I wanna know how many people out there are older pokemon fans. I still play all the games and the TCG and I try to watch the anime every now and then.

Lunala

Banned
Most of this forum community is made up of people aged like 12 - 30 bro. A lot of said people being in their 20s. I'm 20 myself

Last edited:
You are definitely not alone. I'm 28 and I still play and enjoy Pokémon games. I have already preordered Pokémon Sun and Moon and can't wait to play them. What about you? Which version of the games will you be getting?

mmweinst

Ah yes awesome! I pre ordered both as well but November feels so long from now :/

Haha, yes! November is still far away... But we have something to look forward to :) To pass the time I've created favourite Pokémon teams for each generation of the games (without HM slaves). It's also fun to think about which Pokémon you want to use in Sun & Moon. Do you already know which Pokémon you want to have on your team? Or are you waiting for more Pokémon to be revealed?

Lunavia

I see more adults than kids playing at least in the USA. I mean I know kids play but like at Churches,malls,cons etc I see more adults playing and kids on iphone games

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I'm 22 and I still play the games. I preordered Pokémon Sun and Moon... prior to Sun and Moon, I preordered Pokken Tournament. As of right now, I'm playing Alpha Sapphire. The games completed, I enjoy breeding and battling with other people. I haven't played the TCG in a while, but that's because nobody knows how to play it around here. I have a few cards, but due to unfortunate circumstance I do not have as many. As for the animé, I've watched every episode to date. Just been following the animé and games for the last 18 years, so why stop now? :)

Edits: I also play Pokémon GO, but I've lost a bit of interest in it because of the repetitiveness... I mean there's only so many times I can catch a Pidgey or Eevee without getting bored, no matter how cute they are. I still play on walks and what-not.

That's great! I can relate, I have been watching the Pokémon animé as well and played the TCG once in a while. It's so fantastic to see other adult Pokémon trainers. Except for all the Pokémon Go players, I don't know anyone in real life who is still playing Pokémon games. But the internet shows that there are many of us. I think some people are ashamed to admit that they still play Pokémon games because they are worried what others might think about them. That they are childish or something like that. I always imagine them sneaking to hideout or finding a time when no one is at home to secretly play the games on their 3DS, haha. On a sidenote: My 58 year old Dad started playing Pokémon Go and is loving it. He is very determined to catch 'em all.

Jockeli

I'm 26 and still play the games. Admittedly I went on hiatus after heart gold but bought pokemon x recently after playing pokemon go. I enjoy playing it and I look at it from a different perspective now as an adult because I'm focusing more on breeding the best pokemon and trying to train the best team I can. I'm also more committed to completing the pokedex now. I've always just done my own thing and I'm grown enough to defend what I enjoy doing in my spare time.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm 25 and Pokemon is still one of my favourite franchises, and a lot of my friends are the same. I've been playing since I got Blue all those years ago and the only main series games I'm missing are Red, Yellow (I plan to get this on VC at some point), Gold and Sapphire. I even have HG, SS, BW and BW2 in both English and Japanese. Got both Sun and Moon preordered and still spent a lot of time on Alpha Sapphire. My Pokemon hype started to die out towards the end of last year but Sun and Moon's announcement got me right back into it. I also like to name characters I have in other games after some of my favourites from Pokemon and I still watch old AG and DP episodes of the anime from time to time. I don't see me giving up on Pokemon any time soon, if ever.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Define adult. If it's at least 18, I'd say a lot. Pokemon's been around for a while and has great staying power

Venks

Haha am I the oldest one here? I'm 27 and still play Pokemon. I speedrun Red/Blue and played XY competitively. I've made tons of friends at Pokemon VGC tournaments. Just cus you're older it doesn't mean you can't have fun!

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Considering the fact that most of the players in the Masters division of the TCG and VGC are adults and how many masters show up at said events, you sir are most definitely not alone whatsoever. I, myself, am technically an adult seeing as I've been 18 for almost a week now.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
You're indeed not alone. I am 24 years of age and am still a kid in mind. While I stay away from the TV show, I enjoy playing the games and exploring the forums quite so. I felt odd to be my age and still play Pokemon (and games in general, really.), but I know now that there ARE others like me, and that makes me happy! I will continue to play new games whenever they come up.^^

(That is, as long as no edgy stunts are pulled...)

ebevan91

I'm 25 and still play. In fact everybody I know that plays Pokemon is at least 21.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'm 26 and still into the franchise after 17 years. I'd like to see more mature-oriented media in the Pokemon franchise (like a prequel anthology series to the anime set in the 60s and 70s aimed at an adult audience). The Pokemon Company sooner or later needs to recognize that many of the franchises fans are adults.