• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

how many adults are out there playing pokemon?? i feel so alone :(

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Im 23 and I've been playing since I was 8,
I love how many people commented on here :)

Ertix

I'm 20 and I still loves Pokemon. :) It isn't a ''hobby'', it's my lifestyle. :) Seriously.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm 28, and I'm pursuing a Masters in Biology. I might teach a lab after my graduation. I don't know if I will get a PhD.

SebastiaanZ

Took a long break from the Pokemon games, but I currently possess all four Gen 6 games. I am 29 years old, and I honestly can admit Pokemon is my guilty pleasure. I don't play the TCG at all but I love the XYZ anime. Might go watch the DP anime after this.

So yeah you definitely are not alone in it :D

Kalosian

So long
Going by this thread, there are quite a lot of adults playing Pokemon. And I'm another one, I have been a fan of Pokemon since I was 8-9, played the games since I was 10, and now I'm 25. Still can't see any reason to stop. Though my interest peaked when I was about 20-23, I have enjoyed Pokemon more as an adult than what I did as a kid, which is interesting as I didn't think that would happen.

I do believe Pokemon is rather popular among children too, though. Basing this on my experiences in the online fandom and real life. Pokemon Go also seems to have made it more popular in every demographic.

gliscor&yanmega

Been playing(And watching the anime) since around the time the first gen games came out in North America, and I was at least 5 years old at the time, so I'm an adult. There is a large adult fanbase, they know it too and it shows in the games.

Frankly, I can't wait once I'm an 80 year old man and I'm still playing Pokemanz. Although by that time Pokemon probably will be real and we'd be long gone.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I'm 22, just got a degree in Finance, and I find time to play Pokémon. I have a majority of the games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, FireRed, Black, White, Black 2, Y, OmegaRuby, ALL PMD Games, Pokémon Conquest. Maybe some more if I'm forgetting some. Still have times for friends and other hobbies, my close friends know and embrace I play them. Most friends I made are mature enough to not mock the series based off it being a big hit when we were all young.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Bro, at this point I think it's safe to say more than half of all Pokémon fans are over the age of 18.

Personally, I'm 25.

DatsRight

I'm nearly in my thirties, and I feel a lot better reading this thread. :D

I haven't matured remotely, I still play games and watch cartoons all the spare time I have.

I don't know why people assume cartoons, games etc is a child-exclusive activity. You just have to watch an episode of Adventure Time or whatever to realize that there's a whole lot of adult humour mixed in with it. Pokémon was released when a number of us where quite young and each new release is basically catered to us - the nostalgic millions who still watch the anime, read the manga and buy Amiibos. You are never too old for Pokémon. The creators of Pokémon are not too young for Pokémon!
#youngatheart

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The genius of Pokemon is that there's a side for adults and kids. Why else is there complex EV/IV training, shiny Pokemon collection and the such. I have more of an appreciation of the series now I'm older

I turned 28 last month, been playing (and watching the show) since Blue. Though - full disclosure - I did take a brief hiatus from the franchise around the time of FRLG and Emerald to focus on college apps and finishing high school, but I got right back into it with Diamond the summer after my first year of college.

It can feel like you're the only one sometimes, since you may not come across many people openly discussing their love of Pokémon at school/work (though PoGo has definitely changed that, and it's sure to vary depending on your program/field)...but as this thread shows, we're definitely out there somewhere. ;)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm 23 myself and have recently graduated from Industrial Engineering BSc in 2016. My first game was Silver, although I started playing Pokémon in Gen 1 by borrowing friends' R/B/Y. Still to this date, I own every Pokémon games, is a fan of the franchise and booking a flight to get Sun and Moon in abroad, as Nintendo games are no longer released in my country. Honestly speaking however, I wouldn't mind if I would be in 40's, as it has been quite a while that the franchise is not only aiming for the children, but for (young)-adults as well. It is a shame that I don't have friends in my country to play together, but it still is an absolute joy to play, breed, train and participate in competitive battles with people all around the world.

Sprinter1988

I'm 28 and still playing. The only other person I know IRL who actually plays pokemon is my nephew who is 11, which can get a little depressing. I still love playing the games, but the competitive battling community isn't for me as I can only rarely use my favourites there and I really don't have the time to sit around breeding the perfect IV/EV/Nature/Ability/Moveset pokemon that are required to play there.

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
I'm 22. Trust me, many adults play Pokemon. It's not something that readily dies in terms of interest for me. Sure, my level of involvement wanes and waxes, but I feel like Pokemon is here to stay for me.

Dinger

I'm 30 and still play Pokemon. I actually just went into GameStop today and picked up a Volcanion code.