• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

how many adults are out there playing pokemon?? i feel so alone :(

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm in my 30's myself and still playing the series after 18 years. It's still fun and enjoyable to play and age is just a number :).

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
a lot of the people here are older and played r/b/y as kids and kind of.. never left lmao.
my mom is like AREN'T YOU TOO OLD FOR THAT and I just laugh as I look at all my Pokemon tattoos, it was never just a phase for most of us

robersj4

I'm 27 and have been playing since R/B/Y and had all 3 of course. Just recently purchased OR, and will be getting Sun when it's out.

CelebiAS

I'm 24 and saving to buy Moon. And a 3DS or at least a 2DS to play it on.
Recently finished W2 and now I'm playing Pearl.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm 25 years old, and I still love Pokemon just as much as I did when I was 8 years old lol. When Sun&Moon come out I'm going to wake up like a kid on Christmas.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm 38 and I've been playing pokemon since I was 22 (in 2002), so you're definitely not alone. :)

SmartD

I'm 24 and I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 3 and watching the anime since the beginning. I've already pre-ordered Pokemon Sun.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
23 years old and still going strong. Going to definitely get Moon.

I've been juggling my playing Pokemon between Pokemon Red, Omega Ruby, and Diamond before Sun and Moon release :p Also been getting into the TCG, but only to collect cards with pretty art lol. Still watching the anime as well.

M.P.

Retired
I'm 20 years old, and I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 4. While I've given up both anime and cards, I'm still going to keep playing the games.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I am a 24 year old who has played Pokémon since gen 1 and I have no plans to stop anytime soon. The franchise still captures my heart now as well as when I was a little girl oh so long ago.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I"m 29 and still play. I primarily judge and run events now though. Giving back to the community is something I enjoy doing. Last year I had the opportunity to host a Midseason Showdown. I'm hoping to be able to host it again this year.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I don't know where you have been, but I can tell you that a lot of adults are Pokémon fans.

The majority of YouTubers who talk about Pokémon as well as the members I know in this community are adults. So yeah, you're far from alone.

I'm 27, will be 28 this year. I don't play the games a lot, but I love the anime.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm 25, married with a kid and a full-time job, and I still avidly play Pokémon. I wasn't one that played it from Gen 1's release (got Sapphire as my first game back in 2003), but I have since played every generation.

My wife even used to mock me a lot for it. And now (and I'm not even sure when this happened), she's as into Pokémon as I am. She's completed her dex more times than I have. We're both really excited for Sun & Moon.

Even if you did happen to be the only 23 year old trainer out there and the oldest around, don't let it bring you down. You like what you like and no one should be able to make you feel bad for that. Take pride in being you.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
I'm 19 years old so I'm younger than a lot of Pokémon fans who were born in the 80's/early 90's. I started during Gen 3. It doesn't matter what games you play as long as you enjoy them.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm 30 and I've been playing since I got Blue in '98. I will continue to buy and play the games as long as Nintendo and Game Freak keep releasing them.

Theo-92

I think I was 7 or 8 when the craze started. Now in my mid twenties, 24, I'm still just as hooked as I was back then.