• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many adults out there actually play Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic260

In 6 months I'll be 18 :D Although I didn't know about Pokemon until kindergarten (deeeeeerrrrrrrrp).

Zach74

Haunters gonna haunt
Currently 17. I left Pokemon alone for a while and got back into it about 3 months before B/W. Getting to know the 4th Gen was a hassle, but now that I do, I've been becoming extremely familiar with competitive battling. And then they dump a whole new generation on me. :p I'm still recovering from D/P!

Hilbertio

Banned
I know a couple of adults that play, I saw them bringing a laptop with a ROM of Black and White. Pretty cool.

SmartD

If being 18 counts as an adult, then yes I play Pokemon as an adult.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
21 years old, if you consider that an adult. i don't. i think it appeals to a lot of people my age, give or take, because i was 8 when the games first came out and for those of us who didn't have a cell phone and laptop in my preteens and early teens like younger kids these days, my gameboy was my crack. the only games i have now for my ds are platinum, soulsilver, and black. my boyfriend's 24 and plays the games because i've gotten him into them, even though he never played them when he was younger. two of my best friends, both 22, love the games as much as i do.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I'm 22 - do I count??

My ex boyfriend's mum played it, and she's in her late forties o_O

Bombadil

The Narrator
I'm 18 and play, and my best friend is 19 (almost 20). We're the two oldest in my Church's youth group, and I can think of 6 others right of the bat that play, ages ranging from around 7 through midteens and ending with me and my friend. Not adults, obviously, but I can see them sticking with it.

DCFCdan

21 years old here... first ever pokemon game was pokemon red . must have been about 12 years ago now.. also collected the cards back then aswell, first ever pack i got the charizard holo base set.. was stoked.

Pokemon is still going strong and i love it even more then i did back then.

GilligBoi

21 so yeah, adult.

Hobgoblin2099

Shooting Star
I'm 18. Does that count?

Debo37

TheCustomExperience
I'm 19 years old and I'm proud to say I've been playing Pokemon since the age of 6 (or 7, I can't remember for sure when I got started).

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I'll be 19 two weeks from friday and I've been playing for about 12 or 13 years now. Started with yellow, played gen 2. Left for a while, but got hooked right back in with Hoenn and since I have remained a loyal pokemon fan. I have no plans on quitting anytime soon either.

halloweenghost

I'm about to be 18 on the 29th of this month, so I almost count xD

What I'm more curious about though, is how many adults started playing as adults. Most adults that play Pokemon, if not all, started off back in the day, and aren't relitively new to the series.

I was 18 going on 19 when pokemon hit the US in 98.

Guilty as charged, I'm 22 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.