1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How many generations of Pokémon have you played?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by NovaBrunswick, Dec 16, 2019.

?

Which generations have you played?

1. Gen 1 (Red/Blue/Yellow)

18 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Gen 2 (Gold/Silver/Crystal)

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  3. Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and FR/LG)

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
  4. Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HG/SS)

26 vote(s)
    96.3%
  5. Gen 5 (Black/White and B2/W2)

26 vote(s)
    96.3%
  6. Gen 6 (X/Y and OR/AS)

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
  7. Gen 7 (Sun/Moon, US/UM and Let's Go)

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  8. Gen 8 (Sword/Shield)

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

So far, there have been eight generations of Pokémon. Have you played 'em all?

I've played every gen except 8, since I don't have a Switch yet. If I do get one, I'll make sure to keep my streak of playing every single new gen unbroken. ;)

SubtleVVeirdoh and wolf jani like this.
  2. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

I started with gen 4 and have all the ones after it too. So I've never played gens 1-3

PokePlatinum14 and NovaBrunswick like this.
  3. VoltTacklePikachu

VoltTacklePikachu yah Eevee Rocks !

I started with Generation 3(Ruby) in late 2003.So I went after Ruby from memory starting in 2004 ,Crystal(Gen 2) ,Red(Gen 1),FireRed(Gen 3) onwards.

I have played most games of all generations with the exception of Diamond and Pearl/Platinum and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, though I’m currently working through Pearl.

4. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

I started playing the games in Gen 4 and played every game ever since, but the first games i actually owned were Yellow, then Crystal.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Played gen 1-7, starting with Red, Blue and Yellow. I have Pokemon Shield, but I haven't played it yet since my Nintendo Switch is in for repair or replacement. It'll be awhile before I can play it, but it'll be worth it.

6. RoughCoronet0

RoughCoronet0 Dragon lover

I have played since Red and Blue, and I’ve played every gen, every remake and almost every squeal game except for emerald. I’ve even played many of the spin offs.

7. NeedsAName

NeedsAName Well-Known Member

So far I've played UM, AS, and SS, but I might get some more games for Christmas.

RiverNathan likes this.
  8. Started with gen 1 and never stopped playing, so yeah, all 8 of them (plus a lot of the spinoff games, quite sad we won't get to see more Ranger games or once a la Colosseum and Gale of Darkness)

9. SubtleVVeirdoh

SubtleVVeirdoh Unova Enthusiast

I’ve played through every generation, except for 8. After the disappointment of XY and SM (USUM to slightly lesser extent) I’m in no rush to play through Galar atm.

Leonhart likes this.
  10. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I've been playing since the beginning, so all generations except Gen VIII since I still don't own a Nintendo Switch. I'm less eager to purchase the new games anyway since I've heard more negatives about them than positives.

carterfeygo and Alita54 like this.
  11. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

I’ve played every generation except 2. HGSS left a really bad taste in my mouth for Johto so I don’t think I’ll ever play a Johto game again. Though technically I had my older cousin “play for me” by giving him my favorite 6 Pokémon in Gen 2 for him to use

Sham likes this.
  12. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Thanks to Virtual Console I have managed to play Generation 2, and thanks to getting/buying Pokemon games, Generation 3 to 7. And I'll be getting a Nintendo Switch soon for 8

carterfeygo likes this.
  13. Pyrax

Pyrax The Ghost of Tsushima

About 5 Gens? RS to USM, not counting VC Crystal. LGPE killed any enthusiasm I had for the franchise so VII will likely be the last one I'll play tbh.

SerenaRulez and Ubermuk like this.
  14. Trillion

Trillion Active Member

i've played them all

but i've only completed generations 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8

i've completed kanto twice but it was in generations 3 and 7
    i've never completed johto ever
    i've completed hoenn twice in generation 3 and once in generation 6
    i've completed sinnoh in generation 4
    i've never completed unova
    i've completed kalos in generation 6
    i've completed alola in generation 7
    i've completed galar in generation 8

Ubermuk likes this.
  15. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

I've played them all since the first Pokemon games but I still need to complete the 8th generation games.

TwilightBlade and carterfeygo like this.
  16. Sham

Sham Someone is calling us

I've played every generation but I don't think I've ever finished Gen 1 or 2 since I was too young and when I finally did get those games... DPPttHGSS was out and I was more interested in that.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  17. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

All of them. Never missed a Pokemon game.

18. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

All of them so far, with the only games I've missed being LGPE.

TwilightBlade and carterfeygo like this.
  19. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I’ve played every generation and game at least once, and only in a few of those I did not defeat the Champion. Pokémon Sapphire was my first game and I went from there.

carterfeygo and RiverNathan like this.
  20. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Platinum is the oldest Pokemon game I've played, but Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the oldest ones I've completed. I started with Black and White in 2011 and have played every generation since.

carterfeygo likes this.