• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many more can they make

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
With the recent gen 5 additions we're up to a total of 500 Pokemon. When we first started we thought 151 was freaking incredible, and im pretty sure that most of us thought that'd probably be it. But to think we now have 500, and will probably passs the 600 mark, is just mind boggling.

So, how far do you thnik they'll go?

Nahhhh, we've reach the limit... 500 is enough.. no more. Just a plain land with 3 starters and you gotta find those two legendaries with the help of Zorua (if you manage to catch it of course).. that's what W/B is all about.. X'D

To be honest, I think there will be 620 of them..

BCVM22

They'll go as far as the sales will carry the franchise, which could and will be a very long time. It absolutely is that simple. Wails of "they're running out of ideas!" and "the games don't have the magic anymore!" are nothing but noise.

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
I heard somewhere that right now with the current number of pokemon there is double the number of digimon so yea....

Penguinist Trainer

As far as their current hardware capabilities will allow them. Sure it is still pretty much the same game we all fell in love with on our big game boy, but the hardware and the software have come a long way since then.

just look at the screenshots of black and white and compare them to the good ol' red and blue days. there is a vast difference. We've also got a larger movepool, more types, even more forms.

GameFreak will keep pushing the limits to the pokemon series to keep the fans coming back for more. After all, a large portion of the game involves collecting, so the more species we have to collect, the longer we will be playing the game.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
No one can say for sure. The Pokemon franchise will continue on virtually forever. In fact, Pokemon is the only game that is sold most in any console, so I don't see a reason why they should stop making more and more games (in other words there will be more Pokemon)

hitoshura0

However many more it takes until the dump trucks full of money stop getting parked on Game Freak's lawn. That is how franchise's work in this day and age. Sonic being an unfortunate example of that.

They'll keep making it till we stop buying it.

lucario is best

shiny seeker
Well I want to break the 1000 mark because I love pokemon

in reality, sugimori has designs out the whazzo, it just depends how many Game Freak wants to put in a generation.

that's not the point, it's how many pokemon GF will make before finishing pokemon as a franchise.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
that's what my last part was pointing to, pokemon will never stop making money, just like mario, unless the economy reallllllyy goes down the pooper, becuase people will go into debt for entertainment.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
I don't see a Pogermanz Generation 10+. Sorry, I really don't. Pogermanz is good for 2-3 more generations until it goes the way of Star Wars, that is, start out brilliant, and then become increasingly shitacular until you're just a souless corporation looking for a few dollars.

-Xu-

I can say pokemon is running out of steam but I probably wouldn't stop buying it.
I want to see more of gen 5s 'mons which is a good stand.I've been with pokemon since the beginning and still want to see what new designs they can pull out of their hat.

It's all a racket. They'll only stop if we stop playing. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Dark Eevee

I heard somewhere that right now with the current number of pokemon there is double the number of digimon so yea....

I though there is more Digimon....IDK

Anyway Pokemon will keep going until they stop making money.
So buy the games, keep it going.

randomspot555

I don't see a Pogermanz Generation 10+. Sorry, I really don't. Pogermanz is good for 2-3 more generations until it goes the way of Star Wars, that is, start out brilliant, and then become increasingly shitacular until you're just a souless corporation looking for a few dollars.

But Pokemon isn't Star Wars. Star Wars isn't just a movie franchise, but a franchise of a variety of media. Pokemon, however, is a video game franchise with other media being released to support the game.

And just because the ever important Vermehlo_Steele stops buying something doesn't nullify it's existence. Star Wars is still successful despite what you think of it.