• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many more can they make

sweeney123

Eevee Trainer
I think it will just keep going until kids stop caring about it. like yugioh. its popular but its slowly dying off. its sad.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
Pokémon can keep on going. I'm sure Nintendo has a lot more designs for after generation V. If not, it's not a big deal. Fans could just give their fakemon national dex numbers if they wanted more maybe...

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
They're doing every region of Japan, so hopefully, we'll end up with the WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkyDeity

White Kyurem FTW
Junichi Masuda said that there will be "many more to come" after confirming the 5th generation. I guess they can keep the ball rolling for a while.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
When the world ends and it will be SOON! Then Pokemon will end as well, 1 mega earthquake will destroy Japan first so that's that, then the rest of the world will go and the survivors will only have fond memories of Pokemon nothing more.

Jster786

Ace Trainer
Gamefreak is slowly dwindling. VERY Slowly of course. Decay happens to all things as soon as they are made. Pokemon is still going on strong. Recently I've visited Japan and Pokemon was practically everywhere. They will probably make a good 3 more games before people start to lose interest. I have lost interest already personally, but that goes with time. Good luck Gamefreak.

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
Pokemon will keep going for x generations and they can make 5x more games. (i.e. the franchise will go on indefinitely)

VizardBlue

no, you are dead.
Hello Toastermon.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Gamefreak is slowly dwindling. VERY Slowly of course. Decay happens to all things as soon as they are made. Pokemon is still going on strong. Recently I've visited Japan and Pokemon was practically everywhere. They will probably make a good 3 more games before people start to lose interest. I have lost interest already personally, but that goes with time. Good luck Gamefreak.

3 more games is way too small a number given how well Pokemon's doing currently.

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
I enjoy Pokemon a lot, it's a very smart game that children can enjoy and adults can us the intelligence that god gave them to create the best possible team of Pokemon. However, I do feel the game it's self should pass soon. I'll be saddened when it happens. But I feel it should happen. Maybe if they start to make them games to follow the manga a little bit more. Then I'll take back this statement, but until then I feel Pokemon will soon die. Hopefully then end it with a big hit. A new region and you travel to all the regions make it long and allow all players to get a last feel from present to past.

Honestly, in a documentary I saw recently on nintendo games Pokemon wasn't suppose to go past Gold/Silver.

BCVM22

However, I do feel the game it's self should pass soon.

It won't.

I'll be saddened when it happens.

Take your time, you've got a long while.

But I feel it should happen.

Shouldn't and won't.

Maybe if they start to make them games to follow the manga a little bit more.

No.

but until then I feel Pokemon will soon die.

Again no.

you travel to all the regions make it long and allow all players to get a last feel from present to past.

This has not been a good idea the first thousand times it was posted. The next thousand times do not look promising either.

Honestly, in a documentary I saw recently on nintendo games Pokemon wasn't suppose to go past Gold/Silver.

Well golly, clearly someone, somewhere made a clerical error and the franchise was allowed to go far longer than it was "suppose" to.

Not to single you out, but it's amazing how most of a thread can realize the correct answer - "as many as they want, basically", in response to the question the title asks - and yet a select few still somehow determine, "mm, nope, they don't like products that generate profit, it's done, everyone go home."

Last edited:

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
I didn't answer the question directly, because I assumed by my response made it clear that I don't think it can go on much farther. But I guess I'll just keep my answers to short lines.

So I'll make this as clear as possible.

Maybe two.

Last edited:

Britta

They'll probably make as much as long as people enjoy playing it. The higher the sales number for games, the more they'll make. I personally love that, and I do want to see more Pokemon.

49ersgiantsfan

Achievements Junkie
Due to the incredible popularity with Pokemon, especially to the younger audience (13 years of age or lower), Pokemon will keep going. The amount of Pokemon species will grow as well.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
It can go as far as it wants to, as long as money keeps pouring in.