• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many more can they make

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Think about it. Gaming companies rarely listen to their fans. Some want over 9000 pokemon, some want at least 100. I'm pretty sure they don't give as much of a damn about how their fans like the game, but how much money they can milk out of it. So, until it becomes too recycled, they'll figure out they really can't do any more with it.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Pokemon will probably never reach ten thousand, let alone a million. So that isn't really a concern. Even if it were to expand that much, I wouldn't be opposed to it at all. It really fleshes out the world that they live in. In the early anime and games, they mentioned (and showed in the anime's case) real world animals. There simply weren't enough Pokemon to create a realistic world. There's still too few, honestly. The more Pokemon we get, the better, I say.

Well, OK, but I'm still of the opinion that a million is far too much (not that we're going to reach there :p)

If anything, more variety is good. It'd be boring for competitive gamers if there were only 151 Pokemon, because the teams would always use probably only a dozen or so Pokemon. The more Pokemon, the more and the better options there are for teams. The more Pokemon, the more unique each team, and the more unique each battle for competitive players.

Too many Pokemon are a problem for competitive battles too, and it's not like there are still only 151. But whatever, I'll be long dead before the number of Pokemon even reaches into 5 digits.

Azn4life

Master of Delibird
Forever and ever and ever until Mother Russia takes over and bestows communism upon us.

Seriously.

Unless GF utterly goes bankrupt, pokemon will live on forever. The cashcow is full and GF isn't gonna let it unmilked.

MegamanDX

Megaman/Pokemon fan!
wow a great way to answer this question...lame joking aside i think there should there be as many pokemon as there are animals but some of the other guys in other posts do have some good points

if they go past 6 gens i beleive they wont introduce any new pokemon, their was already too many pokemon after the 4th gen, and too much leads to less creative and recycled ideas.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Game Freak can make as many as they want with enough creativity. Though I'm sure we can count on some re-used concepts or evolutions even with that creativity. But even still I think it would be too much @_@ I kinda thought they would be done or at least close to it after the Sinnoh Generation. I guess I'd be okay with having at least 1000(Certainly no more than that for me >.<) as long as they can keep things fresh and fun.

I just hope that they dont take the Bandai approach(Nothing against them of course)..We got over 1000 Digimon, but thats because theres an average of 5-6 main evolutions for each one, plus certain jogressed monsters(Fusion), or special evolutions that they might have..And of course some are remade/rehashed. Originallity is key in my opinion

Josiah

is your favorite
if they go past 6 gens i beleive they wont introduce any new pokemon, their was already too many pokemon after the 4th gen, and too much leads to less creative and recycled ideas.
Proof?
We got over 1000 Digimon
Are you sure? I read pretty recently that there are just under 900.

BCVM22

None of this is accurate. Next...

We got over 1000 Digimon, but thats because theres an average of 5-6 main evolutions for each one, plus certain jogressed monsters(Fusion), or special evolutions that they might have..And of course some are remade/rehashed. Originallity is key in my opinion

This, to an extent. Included in that Digimon count are all the designs that are, literally, simple palette swaps from existing designs, like the dark-colored Virus forms that exist as part of what passes for a typing system in Digimon.

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
I seriously don't see Pokemon ending any time soon. Being one of the major franchises, it'll continue and keep on evolving. Mario started years before Pokemon, and you don't see that game series ending any time soon, do you? As such, why would Pokemon be any different if the games sell?

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
"Honey, they're making another generation."
"What is this, the fifty third?"
"Fifty fourth, actually. Look; Blastoise has a sixth evolution now! Serebii says it's going to be Water/Light/Dark/Dragon/Sea Serpent/Godly type!"
"Anything about their names?"
"Nintendo's inventing new minerals so they can call the games them as we speak."

lol I can see this happening.

Bad or good i don't think that they will stop any time soon. Considering the fact that Pokemon are inspired by anything and not only animals now, they could turn anything into a Pokemon. And even if we limit Pokemon to animal inspired, heck there are so many animals in the planet to draw inspiration from.

I just hope that GF will stop making new Pokemon before i die. Else i will haunt them.

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
I'm pretty sure they'll stop when they run out of semi-well-known animals to base pokemon off of. That won't be for a while.

saar

Shiny Flygon
I don't think pokemon is going to end anytime soon, or even at all. The can make at least 800+ pokemon, and pretty easily with the years go by. The thing is, GameFreak just can't say "we're ending with this" just like that without any reason. I can see pokemon being at least more and more years and having at least 800-1000 pokemon, also because I think this is a number they want to get, eventually.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Sure they could. They don't have to justify themselves to us.

I think that they will go on and on, because new teams are hired to create Pokemon every few gens. Which isn't a good thing, necessarily, think about how hard it's becoming to fill the Pokedex, and how stupid it would be to try and keep track of a single monster.
I think they'll need to surpass the 3-stage evolutions.

Mighty Hyena

they can make as many as they want, also i dont see that as a problem as there are over 1.5 milliion species of animals on earth so why not make more and more pokemon. also game freak can still use animals they have already used as they are different types of the same species on earth such as different kind of frogs, fish, big cats, dogs and etc. if pokemon continues they can easily pull off using the same animals as inspiration which they are already doing as there are loads of tortoise/turtle based pokemon such as squirtle and its evo's, turtwig and its evo's and torkoal.

RichRI322

Good question...no one except for Nintendo and Game Freak really know but I'm all for it going on for 10, 15, even 20 more years.

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
We already have a sarcophagus....

Among other things...

I admit a sarcophagus is a terrible idea for a pokemon. I don't see why they aren't using other animals.

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
It'll be a long time before they stop with pokemon. Sure they might not be that good all the time, but I don't think I will stop buying the Games anyway.

Trapman

Bazinga!!
The last pokemon will be no:1488. That I am certain off.