• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many more can they make

nlgrocket

trainer of darkrai
i think....

they took it too far on sinnoh. if they just left it at the dragon trio it would be fine, however, i highly doubt they can create a pokemon stronger than the creator of pokemon himself, arceus.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Even if Sugimori and all the people working behind the creation of all the Pokemon just drop dead, Pokemon will continue to be made forever as long as they have a zillioin fans worshipping it and coughing up money for it.

I really wish Pokemon had stopped after Johto. Hoenn was great, but that's when Pokemon designs began going downhill, and each generation only gets drastically worse.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the new Pokemon. But as a whole, I think most people would agree that Gen 4 is nauseatingly bad if you compare the Pokemon to those of Gen 1.

So in a few more Generations, unless somehow they manage to come out with some mind boggling amazing designs, I imagine the new Pokemon will look terrible.

IMO, the new Pokemon all look really ... I don't even know the word. Some look so over the top, like they were trying to hard to make it buffed out and powerful looking, that it just looks .. like excessive details ... I can't find a word for it.

And then others look like they tried too hard to make it cute, that it just looks ... lame. :/ I'm lacking the words, but hopefully someone understands what I mean.

They'll keep making Pokemon games until Pokemon stops making lots of money.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
they took it too far on sinnoh. if they just left it at the dragon trio it would be fine, however, i highly doubt they can create a pokemon stronger than the creator of pokemon himself, arceus.

They don't need to.

Exactly. The mistake many people seem to make is that GameFreak just has to make a Pokemon more powerful than Arceus, when, they don't.

They didn't outpower Mewtwo for three generations. Arceus may always be the strongest Pokemon.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Exactly. The mistake many people seem to make is that GameFreak just has to make a Pokemon more powerful than Arceus, when, they don't.

They didn't outpower Mewtwo for three generations. Arceus may always be the strongest Pokemon.

Yep. By the "they'll just HAVE to top Arceus" logic, we wouldn't even have gotten gen 2, and hence, no subsequent gens :p

TomNook

Still In Kanto
As long as there is money to be made, there will be more pokemon unfortunately.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
As long as there is money to be made, there will be more pokemon unfortunately.

Why unfortunately? The more, the merrier. It will give us more choice and variety to have new characters with each generation.

I hope they stop making new species of Pokemon after the sequel game to BW. The more Pokemon there are, the more game hours you will need to log in order to fill the Pokedex alone, regardless if you bother training any of those Pokemon beyond the minimum level you need them to be. The great thing about the games is their infinite re-playability, but that is also what makes them so addictive. I got HG and SS when they came out, and I have logged over 330 hours of game time on SS without tiring of it. All this time spent playing has done nothing (visible) to my weight and/or performance in school, but I still can't help feeling ashamed of myself for letting a single game eat up so much of my life in so little time. I have just shy of 400 game hours on Emerald, but I have had that one for several years; I only got SS a couple of months ago and still can't ignore its hypnotic appeal.
After I get my current team to level 100 I plan to play Ranger 2 for a while to break myself of the SS trance. That's how I always break free of the trance of a really addictive game; spend about three or four days playing a much less addictive (but still enjoyable, of course) game.

I know my excessive play time on SS hasn't actually interfered with anything important like my school work, exercise time, or pet care (finally had a batch of snake eggs hatch over the weekend, for example); but something just doesn't seem right about playing that much in so few months.

Last edited:

Josiah

is your favorite
Even if Sugimori and all the people working behind the creation of all the Pokemon just drop dead, Pokemon will continue to be made forever as long as they have a zillioin fans worshipping it and coughing up money for it.

I really wish Pokemon had stopped after Johto. Hoenn was great, but that's when Pokemon designs began going downhill, and each generation only gets drastically worse.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the new Pokemon. But as a whole, I think most people would agree that Gen 4 is nauseatingly bad if you compare the Pokemon to those of Gen 1.

So in a few more Generations, unless somehow they manage to come out with some mind boggling amazing designs, I imagine the new Pokemon will look terrible.

IMO, the new Pokemon all look really ... I don't even know the word. Some look so over the top, like they were trying to hard to make it buffed out and powerful looking, that it just looks .. like excessive details ... I can't find a word for it.

And then others look like they tried too hard to make it cute, that it just looks ... lame. :/ I'm lacking the words, but hopefully someone understands what I mean.
Anyone who knows what they're talking about would tell you that it's all opinion. You like the old Pokemon probably because you are most familiar with them. They've been around for the longest. I don't think it's a coincidence that each new generation seems worse to you, but can you honestly say that Munna is trying harder to be cute than Clefairy or Jigglypuff? I don't think you can. I think you're just growing older and out of the fandom.

KingsofCrimsonAA

Beginning noob
just think if there will eventually be 1000 pokes

just memorizing their names will be an incredible feat its self XD

id love for them to go to what ever number , doesnt matter to me

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
Although they will keep making them until they don't get enoguh money to make them happy, the Poke'mon will start to get kinda weird and cheesy eventually.

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
I think they'll keep on going as long as they have ideas. Which, will be forever. Also as long as technology keeps advancing, as well as their fans...once their franchise goes, they go, too. That may end this year...or maybe 46 years from now, for all we know.

Ryutama

The first generation shall never be surpassed.

That is all.

It's like the Zelda franchise; most of the games were amazing, but none of the ones after it can beat the original idea. EVER. Red, Blue, and Yellow are classics. I doubt any of the new versions such as D/P/Pt, or even B/W, will ever be considered classics. Of course, it takes just minimal knowledge of economics to know that the creators will do whatever it takes to make sales and profits, even if it means dishing out brand new games every other year. Pokemon will die out for a few months and then announcements for a new generation will sprout across the gaming community.

I personally think GameFreak and Nintendo should call it quits soon; the sheer number of games is overshadowing the originality of the first few gens. Although I say that, I will buy practically any mainstream Pokemon game that come out. I see it as some sort of civic duty to play all of the games for at least a few hours, considering how much Pokemon has affected my childhood and adolescent life.

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR

That is all.

It's already been surpassed, in the eyes of many, including myself :p

I personally think GameFreak and Nintendo should call it quits soon; the sheer number of games is overshadowing the originality of the first few gens. Although I say that, I will buy practically any mainstream Pokemon game that come out. I see it as some sort of civic duty to play all of the games for at least a few hours, considering how much Pokemon has affected my childhood and adolescent life.

Why should they call it quits? Some people actually want more games, and it's not like they aren't profiting from it. Even people who (somewhat) dislike the new games, such as yourself, will buy it, so that's just better for Game Freak and Nintendo.

lethargic_electricity

ϟVolkner's Fangirlϟ
Why unfortunately? The more, the merrier. It will give us more choice and variety to have new characters with each generation.

I agree :) Its always fun to make different teams in every game to see what works best for you.

Gentleman

Sitting on Horsea

In sales or in quality? In sales, I think the fourth gen (with the help of HG/SS, I guess) has already surpassed it. In quality... well, that's subjective.

That is all.

The paragraph following this line begs to disagree.

It's like the Zelda franchise; most of the games were amazing, but none of the ones after it can beat the original idea. EVER.

Subjective. You understand this, yes?

Red, Blue, and Yellow are classics. I doubt any of the new versions such as D/P/Pt, or even B/W, will ever be considered classics.

A large part of what ends up being determined as a classic has to do with... well, how new it is. Red and Blue showed up on the block, became beyond popular, and then the hype slowly died down. None of the games that came after it received so large a reception mostly because, well, people'd seen it already. It's the fad effect, you understand.

In fact, I think Pokemon deserves props for coming out of the end of its fad-phase swinging. It's still going strong, even though it's kept the same basic formula for more than a decade.

But anyhow, the combination of being a sequel and coming after the initial pick-up phase is largely going to be the reason later Pokemon games won't be referred to as classics (you never know, though, with D/P and stuffs being contemporary, after all, people may call them classics yet). They are generally great games... they're just nothing particularly groundbreaking like R/B/Y were when they were introduced.

To summarize: it's not really a matter of comparable quality, it's just the circumstances of when they showed up on the scene.

I personally think GameFreak and Nintendo should call it quits soon; the sheer number of games is overshadowing the originality of the first few gens.

Yes, when you create an ongoing franchise out of what was originally a pair of games, that original pair of games is going to become a smaller and smaller part of that franchise (One fish could be 100% of your total quantity of fish, only to become 50% when you add another).

But I don't see what the problem with that is...

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here. If so, mind clarifying?

Although I say that, I will buy practically any mainstream Pokemon game that come out. I see it as some sort of civic duty to play all of the games for at least a few hours, considering how much Pokemon has affected my childhood and adolescent life.

Good for you.