• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many of you are already dead set in getting possible Gen 4 remakes?

All those in favor of dead-set getting possible Gen 4 remakes! Say Aye! All those who oppose! Nay!

• Aye

Votes: 39 79.6%
  • Nay

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
It depends. If the regional Dex ends up being the one from D/P and not Platinum and if they don't include the Battle Frontier once again, then I will definitely skip these games. However, there are quite a few other changes they should include:
-The return of Horde Battles (both for wild Pokemon and Trainers, such as Galactic Grunts) and Super Training
-On a related note, hopefully the Hidden Abilities are easier to come by this time
-Feebas is as easy to find as it was in OR/AS, and Poffins aren't as hard to make
-Munchlax is also easier to encounter
-Please fix the infamous troll trade in Snowpoint - that was just a really nasty trick
-Rotom's room doesn't require an event item to access
-You still need to see every Pokemon in the regional Dex to unlock the National one, however, you get rewards for catching certain numbers of species
-The NPCs sometimes have Pokemon with Hidden Abilities (for example, a Double Team on Route 210 has a Gyarados and a Raichu, and the latter has Lightningrod instead of Static)

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I am. In the mean time, I’ll probably play LGPE (Eevee in my case) and wait for Corocoro and Nintendo Direct. And I’m also hoping for the Platinum dex, and triple, rotation, and horde battles.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Even with a remake, we still have no idea whether or not this game will be good or bad. ORAS ended up a disappointment due to Game Freak's philosophy of limiting the game's content for casuals, this game could easily follow suit and do something that would upset fans of the original. I did love the original Sinnoh, but I'm skeptical of modern Game Freak, their current design philosophy just wouldn't do it justice (or anything for that matter, but especially this).

Uh, this isn’t even true, unless you’re only referring to how you felt. Nobody was happy they failed to include the Frontier, but the predominant consensus on those games was highly positive - not that they were a disappointment. There’s no real evidence that remakes of the fourth generation games would be particularly worse than, well, the fourth generation games.

Nodame

Misty <3
I want a remake, but it will open a door for people wanting remakes for all previous gens. Then we'll get a new console with better graphics, it's not really a problem but the cycle will never end this way.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I want a remake, but it will open a door for people wanting remakes for all previous gens. Then we'll get a new console with better graphics, it's not really a problem but the cycle will never end this way.

To be fair, though, don’t fans already expect a remake of all previous generations to come about a decade or so after the originals? There’s constant speculation about it, and we’ve had everything in the first three generations remade, now - some of it twice.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's the only remake I want, I never want BW remade as those games are perfect and I fear what changes they'd do to it.

I'd honestly cry if we got Johto(And Kanto with it) yet again. I just want those damn Sinnoh remakes we're owed!

Ver-mont

I'm excited for them, as long as they don't forget we already have an enhanced Sinnoh game.

I really liked ORAS, but I feel like they should have incorporated more of Emerald's contributions to the original pair.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I would not be shocked if remakes actually get the GO treatment going forward which personally I'm not against since it would let the people getting into Pokemon via GO explore past games

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Generation 4 was for me the weakest. It was slow, but Platinum fixed that. The pokémon designs were some of the worst ones yet. The many evolutions of old pokémon we're needed but they looked strange (they grew over the years). And for me there was 'soul' missing in these games.

Do I want remakes? YES, because they can finally fix a lot of problems.

- The starters can have Mega's/Z-moves/Something new;
- More interactions with the gym leaders;
- More fire pokémon options in the wild;
- Insert Shaymin and Arceus ingame (not a dlc);
- Insert Platinum's Plasma arc in the remakes and maybe make it even longer;
- Make it a fast paced game;
- Let's have a big fight between Dialga/Giratine // Palkia/Giratina pre E4;
- Ice Aging effects all over Sinnoh after that big fight;
- Clothing shops;
- No more HM's;
- Rideable pokémon, but you don't get a pager...you must catch them if you want to use their riding gifts;
- Do something more with the Great Marsh;
- A good GTS system;
- Make the caves of the elves bigger and longer;
- The games should have cool titles;
- Platinum Episode with new characters;
- Bigger role for Regigigas;

Some title ideas:

- Unbreakable Diamond / Indestructible Pearl
- Timeless Diamond / Spaceless Pearl
- Diaphragmatic Diamond / Pancreatic Pearl
- Temporal Diamond / Spatial Pearl
- Eternal Diamond / Infinite Pearl

Or if they want to surprise us:

- Deus Ex Machina version (with Arceus on the cover)

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Generation 4 was for me the weakest. It was slow, but Platinum fixed that. The pokémon designs were some of the worst ones yet. The many evolutions of old pokémon we're needed but they looked strange (they grew over the years). And for me there was 'soul' missing in these games.

Do I want remakes? YES, because they can finally fix a lot of problems.

- The starters can have Mega's/Z-moves/Something new;
- More interactions with the gym leaders;
- More fire pokémon options in the wild;
- Insert Shaymin and Arceus ingame (not a dlc);
- Insert Platinum's Plasma arc in the remakes and maybe make it even longer;
- Make it a fast paced game;
- Let's have a big fight between Dialga/Giratine // Palkia/Giratina pre E4;
- Ice Aging effects all over Sinnoh after that big fight;
- Clothing shops;
- No more HM's;
- Rideable pokémon, but you don't get a pager...you must catch them if you want to use their riding gifts;
- Do something more with the Great Marsh;
- A good GTS system;
- Make the caves of the elves bigger and longer;
- The games should have cool titles;
- Platinum Episode with new characters;
- Bigger role for Regigigas;

Some title ideas:

- Unbreakable Diamond / Indestructible Pearl
- Timeless Diamond / Spaceless Pearl
- Diaphragmatic Diamond / Pancreatic Pearl
- Temporal Diamond / Spatial Pearl
- Eternal Diamond / Infinite Pearl

Or if they want to surprise us:

- Deus Ex Machina version (with Arceus on the cover)

I disagree with it needing to be fast. the slow pace of Sinnoh is one of my favourite parts. It allows you to actually soak in the region because Sinnoh does have a lot of soul. There are so many areas to explore and neat things to do and I feel like it was the perfect continuation on the world solidified by the previous titles. I also think Shaymin and DARKRAI should be prepackaged events but not Arceus. That should be a special mystery gift item to unlock like initially planned in DPPt.

I pretty much agree with everything else but I'm not sure what you mean by 'ice aging'. I especially agree with Regigigas getting a bigger role.

As for titles, I think Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl are the best and most likely choices... Diaphragmatic Diamond and Pancreatic Pearl are a bit too much for titles. All the other options are good though.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I disagree with it needing to be fast. the slow pace of Sinnoh is one of my favourite parts. It allows you to actually soak in the region because Sinnoh does have a lot of soul. There are so many areas to explore and neat things to do and I feel like it was the perfect continuation on the world solidified by the previous titles. I also think Shaymin and DARKRAI should be prepackaged events but not Arceus. That should be a special mystery gift item to unlock like initially planned in DPPt.

I pretty much agree with everything else but I'm not sure what you mean by 'ice aging'. I especially agree with Regigigas getting a bigger role.

As for titles, I think Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl are the best and most likely choices... Diaphragmatic Diamond and Pancreatic Pearl are a bit too much for titles. All the other options are good though.
Sounds like Sinnoh would be the perfect open-world experiment.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I’d love for them to make Darkrai involved (and catchable) in the post-game plot with Cresselia like they did for Deoxys in ORAS

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
I was thinking that the Switch could potentially allow them to go a new direction. I always wanted a game with multiple regions but there were issues with the pacing, development time and storage capacity of the handhelds. Now they could potentially make Switch-grade assets for all the pokemon/items and use them for both the core Gen8 game and also paid DLCs that introduce previous regions. The benefits would include:
  • They don't need to recreate all the pokemon models for the DLCs. (I don't think they did for the last few gens but now people won't expect them to either).
  • They would still have to create a few new buildings/structures but they could also heavily reuse some stuff like trees, stones and they already have a template for the previous gen maps/stories.
  • Each DLC would potentially cost less than a full title but we also get more of them and more often, to keep us busy throughout Gen8.
  • People who love/hate specific gens can pick and choose the DLCs they want! Limits genwunning.
They could also do a minor version of this and make a regular Sinnoh remake with Johto and Kanto DLCs.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I was thinking that the Switch could potentially allow them to go a new direction. I always wanted a game with multiple regions but there were issues with the pacing, development time and storage capacity of the handhelds. Now they could potentially make Switch-grade assets for all the pokemon/items and use them for both the core Gen8 game and also paid DLCs that introduce previous regions. The benefits would include:
  • They don't need to recreate all the pokemon models for the DLCs. (I don't think they did for the last few gens but now people won't expect them to either).
  • They would still have to create a few new buildings/structures but they could also heavily reuse some stuff like trees, stones and they already have a template for the previous gen maps/stories.
  • Each DLC would potentially cost less than a full title but we also get more of them and more often, to keep us busy throughout Gen8.
  • People who love/hate specific gens can pick and choose the DLCs they want! Limits genwunning.
They could also do a minor version of this and make a regular Sinnoh remake with Johto and Kanto DLCs.

I'm not suuuuuuper fond of DLC in that sense, but DLC in general is fine. New seasonal packs of outfits for example would be great and of course event items as free DLC would make me super happy.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I can’t say I’d want a game with more than two regions (I do however think Kalos needs to be a post-game one of these days as there’s still so many mysteries surrounding that region). As for a Sinnoh remake, id love for the battle frontier to return. Also, make contests have a battling round, like the anime. It shouldn’t be too hard. Just have a timer on the battles, and then replace the HP bar with the meters contests use.

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
Do you guys think they will add new mega evolutions in the gen 4 remakes? I'm sure you all know about this, but Masuda said the following during an interview during gen 7 when asked about Mega Evolutions potentially returning in the future:

"Each time we make a new game, we think of particular theme and of particular elements that would work well with that game," Masuda replied when asked if Mega Evolution might return. "This time we have our Z-moves [but] if a game comes up in future that we think [Mega Evolutions] would work really well with, certainly we'll look into it... But for the minute we don't have any particular plans."

I was personally a bit annoyed they didn't add any new Megas in G7 - They could have added a handful if only as a statement that ME is still a thing, but I can sort of understand that SM weren't exactly fitting. New pokemon don't need Megas - it's more of a nostalgia thing - and they already focused on a bunch of G1 pokemon with alolan forms. As for USUM, again they should have added a couple but I guess they also had the option of adding UBs and they took that instead.

Now I don't know what new gimmick they will introduce in G8 and whatever it is is likely to have an impact on the G4 remakes. That said, regional forms and UBs don't make much sense for Sinnoh remakes and unique Z-moves aren't cool enough. So besides the graphical/story overhaul, the biggest weapon currently at Gamefreak's disposal is ME. I will really be disappointed if it doesn't happen but G4 is my second favorite gen so I'll probably still buy the games :|

Ariki

Hopefully Platinum and the additional content it contains serves as the base of the gen 4 remakes. The one thing I’m lookong forward to is the faster pace the games will inevitably have - I’m playing through Pearl and holy that 30 fps rate is sloooooowwwww.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
-The return of Horde Battles (both for wild Pokemon and Trainers, such as Galactic Grunts) and Super Training
-On a related note, hopefully the Hidden Abilities are easier to come by this time
-Feebas is as easy to find as it was in OR/AS, and Poffins aren't as hard to make
-Munchlax is also easier to encounter
-Please fix the infamous troll trade in Snowpoint - that was just a really nasty trick
-Rotom's room doesn't require an event item to access
-You still need to see every Pokemon in the regional Dex to unlock the National one, however, you get rewards for catching certain numbers of species
-The NPCs sometimes have Pokemon with Hidden Abilities
I find all of these perfectly reasonable. I especially agree with Feebas, poffins, the troll trade and the Rotom room! I still haven't found a damn Feebas in Gen 4.