• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many of you are already dead set in getting the next Gen 8 games.

All those in favor of dead-set getting Gen 8 games! Say Aye! All those who oppose! Nay!

• Aye

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

Pikachu111213

Traveler
The difficulty setting is the number one thing that must happen in pokemon 2019. I think this might be a make or break matter. I've never understood why the difficultly setting was removed after bw2. Could have been limitations with the game cards.

Pokemon 2019 absolutely must have a difficultly setting or have some way of allowing everyone to have the experience they want to have. Pokemon games have been catering more and more to the younger or casual fan. I understand that this is the demographic for the games, however there's a large group of fans that have been playing since gen 1. There should be a way to have a balance for both.

I agree that difficulty settings need to be implemented. And if they are, make them accessible BEFORE you start the game. There was hardly even a point to BW2’s difficulty settings.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Difficulty settings would have to actually matter though. Only raising the levels of the opponents doesn't really change all that much. Higher levelled opponents also means you get more EXP, so your pokémon will also be higher level. Ideally they'd ramp up the AI on higher difficulty levels and give the foes better movesets, although I have my doubts on whether GameFreak can make better AI for these games, apparently the best ones from USUM, the ones in the Battle Tree, are still quite dumb.

DSDark

Breeder
There is also a large group of fans that want all post gen1 Pokemon removed and another large group that wants more new Pokemon every gen. Another large group that wants more story, and another large group that wants less to no story.

Can't really cater to every large group, specially since some directly desire the opposite as others.

I understand that, however a difficulty setting is something that can be added in that doesn't adversely effect anyone else. You can either use or not. That is actually my main compliment for why haven't they implemented yet. If you don't want to play on hard then don't play, on normal or easy.

I agree that difficulty settings need to be implemented. And if they are, make them accessible BEFORE you start the game. There was hardly even a point to BW2’s difficulty settings.

The difficulty setting should be unlocked right at the beginning. They could include an unlock able insane difficulty after betting the E4 for replay value.

The difficulty could be done during the tell me about yourself part of the intro.

Professor: "what kind of journey are you looking to have?" "Easy carefree journey?, a Regular journey?, or a hard and challenging journey?" After e4 "or an instance extremely difficult journey"

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I understand that, however a difficulty setting is something that can be added in that doesn't adversely effect anyone else. You can either use or not. That is actually my main compliment for why haven't they implemented yet. If you don't want to play on hard then don't play, on normal or easy.

I agree it be easy (in theory) to add and wouldn't have to effect anyone unless they want it too.

Same with a NewGame+ which is something I desperately want added.

But just cause I want it and others do too, doesn't mean I'm gonna demand it or call the developer lazy for not including it. (Not that you do, but I've seen others that do).

DSDark

Breeder
I agree it be easy (in theory) to add and wouldn't have to effect anyone unless they want it too.

Same with a NewGame+ which is something I desperately want added.

But just cause I want it and others do too, doesn't mean I'm gonna demand it or call the developer lazy for not including it. (Not that you do, but I've seen others that do).

The new game+ would be interesting for a pokemon game though. How do you see that working?

However I do think for a pokemon game that's going to be on the same system as games like Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octo Traveler, it needs a difficulty setting among other things.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
The new game+ would be interesting for a pokemon game though. How do you see that working?

However I do think for a pokemon game that's going to be on the same system as games like Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octo Traveler, it needs a difficulty setting among other things.

I could see it working in a number of ways.

But the main things would be you keep most found items, like berries, potions, TMs, Pokeballs, M.Stones and Z.Stones, and a few key items (like Shiny and Oval Charm).

Ideally we would also keep our trainer ID stuff, and our Pokemon in our PC.

Bonus incentives for a second playthrough could be stuff like HA starters and other gift Pokemon. More variety in the wild Pokemon. Stronger trainers, more items.

DSDark

Breeder
I could see it working in a number of ways.

But the main things would be you keep most found items, like berries, potions, TMs, Pokeballs, M.Stones and Z.Stones, and a few key items (like Shiny and Oval Charm).

Ideally we would also keep our trainer ID stuff, and our Pokemon in our PC.

Bonus incentives for a second playthrough could be stuff like HA starters and other gift Pokemon. More variety in the wild Pokemon. Stronger trainers, more items.

I like this. I think that your pokemon would have to be locked away in the box or maybe you'd only get to use pokemon at level 5 or lower to start. Then once you reached certain points more of your box would unlock.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I hope they keep the Gen V/VII Exp system because not only it makes more logical sense but it actually makes leveling weak Pokemon much easier (well SM/USUM didn’t have a Tower/Treehollow equivalent like in BW2 but still). It also makes the Exp Share a little less broken too.

And yeah SM/USUM had all the unskippable dialogue and whatnot but in terms of battle difficulty, Gen VII nailed it with the Totem Battles. Actual strategies/items are used from them unlike XY/ORAS lol.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I know Gen VI gets a lot of criticism for its lacklusture single player experience, such as being too easy, poor story, lack of postgame, etc, but one thing I give it massive credit for is revamping and improving a lot of the other aspects. I really hope they bring back Super Training since it was really convenient, especially with its reset bag. Gen VII made it tedious again to reset EVs. Horde Battles were great for EV training too, and I vastly preferred them to SOS battles. And of course, gen VI still has the best mukiplayer system to date with the PSS. Festival Plaza was a massive disappointment, and I hope the Gen VIII games have an online system that is more similar to the PSS.