• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many of you are already dead set in getting the next Gen 8 games.

All those in favor of dead-set getting Gen 8 games! Say Aye! All those who oppose! Nay!

• Aye

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

Scammel

LGPE's visuals would be perfect for a main series title. The overworld models and animations almost entirely off-set the much more shallow experience, so I'm salivating for a game with the visuals of LGPE, the 'Dex variety of BW and the mature tone of SM.

DSDark

Breeder
LGPE's visuals would be perfect for a main series title. The overworld models and animations almost entirely off-set the much more shallow experience, so I'm salivating for a game with the visuals of LGPE, the 'Dex variety of BW and the mature tone of SM.

Mature Tone of SM? SM is campy and childish. I'd prefer the mature tone of BW. I'd also like the difficulty setting of BW2

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor

I really don't want a repeat of the BW dex situation...

Mature Tone of SM? SM is campy and childish. I'd prefer the mature tone of BW. I'd also like the difficulty setting of BW2

I'd say they tackle different mature themes... Although now that I think about it, they both tackle abusive/neglectful parents

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I've always bought the latest Pokemon games, so I don't see why Gen 8 will be an exception. Unless they're really really bad, I can't see myself refusing to play. I've ordered LGE online and, while I don't like the GO-esque mechanics, I'm willing to give it a try.

Poke Trainer J

Speaking of GO-esque mechanics I'm hoping that Gen 8 will still have multiplayer co-op in Story Mode but allow the option to battle wild Pokémon for EV Training unless they restrict it towards Super Training from Gen 6 If they decide to bring it back. They've been known to remove additions to the main series games that shouldn't of been removed in the first place while adding new features to replace them that leaves a lot to be desired. I think it's because they're struggling to cater to both casual and competitive players within the same game as opposed to separate games.

With Pokémon GO for the casual market that just leaves the main series titles for the competitive market which could be the start of a new trend for the video game franchise down the road. If that's really the case then I don't think Nintendo / Game Freak let alone Pokémon Company International is ready to pull the plug on VGC's just yet. Problem is that they could care less about what happens on the competitive side as long as they're getting paid for their work since Pokémon has always catered mostly to casuals since it's inception.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
You really shouldn't immediately be dead set on buying a game well before it's even announced, but since I play competitively and need to keep up to date I don't get a choice lol.

And tbh Let's Go! so far has not done much for me.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
SM had parental neglection, psychotic women like Lusamine (due to Nihilego I think), and said woman froze her own Pokémon! That’s more darker than most gens, sentient dark-colored Nintendo DS system!

DSDark

Breeder
SM had parental neglection, psychotic women like Lusamine (due to Nihilego I think), and said woman froze her own Pokémon! That’s more darker than most gens, sentient dark-colored Nintendo DS system!

It did have those things. However I still felt it handled it immaturely. The game just glossed over it. In BW the whole is game throws it in your face that N thinks that pokemon are slaves and should be free.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I liked both BW and SM. I liked the tone in both. But there really isn't a Pokemon game I dislike. They all have good points and flaws.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
It did have those things. However I still felt it handled it immaturely. The game just glossed over it. In BW the whole is game throws it in your face that N thinks that pokemon are slaves and should be free.

See, I disagree with you here. I believe the mature themes were handled poorly in BW because Plasma's plan straight up didn't make sense. N and Plasma can talk all they want about how pokemon are slaves and are treated poorly, but we never see evidence to support this. You could make the arguement that battling = poor treatment but N and Plasma actively use pokemon to battle as well.

We do actively see the affect Lucamine's abusive parenting has on her children in SuMo.

Again, they handle different forms of mature themes but I think SuMo handles their themes better.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I just want gen 7 to be over already. I'll be happy with whatever they bring to the table.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Who the hell makes a decision to get games that have little info released?

Fans. Fans do.

I am always set on getting the next Pokémon game. I even got USUM, despite my better judgment. More so, given Gen 7 has left a rather bitter taste in my mouth, I am looking forward to Gen 8 more than any other gen.

To be quite honest, the last two gens have not been as good as I would have liked. Gen 6 was too short, and Gen 7 was too bare. I have my heart set out on Gen 8, and with it being on the home console, and I am more hyped and excited than ever before!

I assume the reveal trailer for the game will come in May 2019, but I sure do hope it comes sooner.

landipan

Unless GF somehow messes things up in a horrific unusual fashion, I can't see how I won't be getting the next gen game. They'd have to really wet the bed to make me NOT want a new gen game.

Rio!

Composer
Fans. Fans do.

I am always set on getting the next Pokémon game. I even got USUM, despite my better judgment. More so, given Gen 7 has left a rather bitter taste in my mouth, I am looking forward to Gen 8 more than any other gen.

To be quite honest, the last two gens have not been as good as I would have liked. Gen 6 was too short, and Gen 7 was too bare. I have my heart set out on Gen 8, and with it being on the home console, and I am more hyped and excited than ever before!

I assume the reveal trailer for the game will come in May 2019, but I sure do hope it comes sooner.

Agreed here, there were some actually nice pokemon designs here but other aspects definitely took a down-turn. It didn't help either with Kanto Pokemon with albeit nice designs, had another way to squirm into the region (not just series-wise but merch-wise as well).

I imagine we might at least get title teasers kind of early on and possible legendary silhouettes before the summertime. After that it's E3 and I guess a decision could be made at that point, haha.

Either way, I'm looking at buying one game minimum (if paired games are going to still be an aspect).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I imagine we might at least get title teasers kind of early on and possible legendary silhouettes before the summertime. After that it's E3 and I guess a decision could be made at that point, haha.

The reveal trailer for a main series game has always been announced prior to E3, so I think it's safe to say it will this time as well.

Either way, I'm looking at buying one game minimum (if paired games are going to still be an aspect).

Nintendo would never let Game Freak would never throw away money like that! lol Expect paired games!

Sckewi

99% sure I'm getting it, unless they really mess it up somehow! I've played a ton of Gens 1-5, but I ended up skipping Gen 6, Gen 7 and Let's Go. So I'm really looking forward to Gen 8 on Switch!

Airin_

or Bunnie
SM had an amazing and mature story, imo. It treated the theme of an abusive mother very well especially considering that it's such a casual game when it comes to story stuff.

But anyway, I'm definitely getting the 2019 title, i don't see why some people think it's foolish to say that. I have never been so disappointed by a pokemon game that i regretted buying it, and considering that all pokemon games follow the same concept (travel, catch pokemon, become the champion), i really don't see how it's so absurd to be sure whether you'll be getting the next title or not??? it's a pokemon game, i'll get it. simple. :p

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
SM had an amazing and mature story, imo. It treated the theme of an abusive mother very well especially considering that it's such a casual game when it comes to story stuff.

But anyway, I'm definitely getting the 2019 title, i don't see why some people think it's foolish to say that. I have never been so disappointed by a pokemon game that i regretted buying it, and considering that all pokemon games follow the same concept (travel, catch pokemon, become the champion), i really don't see how it's so absurd to be sure whether you'll be getting the next title or not??? it's a pokemon game, i'll get it. simple. :p

Well said. I agree 100%

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It's most likely going to grab my interest but after Let's Go, I'll never have full faith in GameFreak, so the possibility of skipping it isn't out.