• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many of you are online with your DS now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mequuh

I'm not, but will in 15 minutes... Going to pick up my Mario Kart now. *Giggles*. Can't wait, hope to see some of you.

Atomic Boo

Oddium Wanderus ftw
Lucky person, We in europe have to wait until the 25th for Mario Kart DS and the wireless functionability!

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
I'm going to be online most likely by the new year.

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
I'll be online....never...I have dial-up, and well, I'm to paranoid to take my DS into a McDonalds.

Brinstar

you suffer
I've been online and finished and won all of my 7 matches

E

Ethereal

I'll be online soon. Animal Crossing will be the first online DS game I get. Mario Kart will be next. I wish they made Snowboard Kids DS online. :(

Here's my newb moment of the year: How do you register your DS/username/other important things? I don't know where to go and what to do.

Firemouse

Rainbow Trainer
I'm online, but can't seem to get a match, no friends (yet) that have it, and I think their matchmaking thing is having trouble ; ;

Mequuh

You register/make your name and such the first time you connect to WiFi, Jynxo.

E

Ethereal

Erm...Thanks. I think I have my name registered. If you have a My Nintendo account, it should be that as the name, right? Either that, or the name I have entered into my DS. They're both "Jynxo", so I'm assuming that's going to be my WiFi name.

How much does a good/Nintendo WiFi recommended wireless router/hub/whatever it's called cost? Can I buy them at any store...such as Target or Best Buy?

E

Ethereal

It actually is only having problems with Mario Kart. I'm assuming since there's so many Mario Kart players, there's a bit of a jam. Understandable, since this is something new for Nintendo.

Mequuh

Jynxo, I'm pretty sure if you don't already have a wirless router... It's cheaper to buy the Nintendo cable. I think an average D-Link goes for.... $30? Somewhere there. And if your DS names Jynxo then yes, your online name will be too. I'm not sure what diffrence it makes wether or not you have a registered DS, its the connection between your DS and WiFi.

E

Ethereal

Mecca said:
Jynxo, I'm pretty sure if you don't already have a wirless router... It's cheaper to buy the Nintendo cable. I think an average D-Link goes for.... $30? Somewhere there. And if your DS names Jynxo then yes, your online name will be too. I'm not sure what diffrence it makes wether or not you have a registered DS, its the connection between your DS and WiFi.
Ah. Does Nintendo sell these things in stores or do I have to purchase it online?

Mequuh

I wouldn't know... Check your local EB Games, if not... Go with the D-Link. Its the cheapest wirless router, that I know of.

E

Ethereal

-_-

Figures. Well, I'll have to order that sometime in the future. I hate buying things over the internet.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Right, I am in the UK and will be unable to purchase this game until the 25th at the earliest, and that is if I have enough money. Just a quick question. What is the minimal conection speed for the DS to go online at home? Mine is 512kbs, is this fast enough? Also, for anyone who has the USB stick, do you just plug it into your computer and it works, or do you have to install software? ( i know that this may sound stupid but I may as well Ask for nothing.) And finally ... (I forgot, but I will post it here when I remember)

A

Archangel

Argh! you're all soooooo lucky! I need about £55 to get Mario Kart DS and the dongle...

Dragonair

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Been playing it since this morning online. The servers yesterday were overloaded, it seems. Yay for having a wireless router already. :D

15 wins, 5 losses so far. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.