• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many of you are online with your DS now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I'm curious. Since it seems like I won't be going online anytime soon, which levels are we able to play online?

I hope there's a Luigi's Mansion..

Mequuh

I managed to get in three races before it wouldn't connect anymore. It said on the site there were difficulties or somthing... I have a wirless router:s.

Mequuh

Ya, I just got Dry Bobes. His controls great, but hes really slow. What do you have to do get all the levels avalible on multiplayer.

Firemouse

Rainbow Trainer
the list you get is the list you get, they disabled a few of them for online play because that had too much going on to track without lag (like any of the stages with cars)

E

Ethereal

Heh, I just ordered the Nintendo USB thingy for my computer. I'll get it next week when I go home for Thanksgiving. Then, I'll just have to wait a week and a half for Animal Crossing: Wild World. I can't wait to cut down the trees in everyone's village. :p

And if anyone doesn't pick the weeds in their village, I will leave trash all over your village. XD

Mequuh

*Note to self, don't let Jynxo into my village....*
Hehe... Kidding, I hate trees; they get in the way wen your trying to get sumwhere in a hurry. Well thats kewl. Is it possible to room online with people? That would be awsume..

Firemouse

Rainbow Trainer
as a note never ever use waluigi in the brute, lists speed as maxed out.

this is a lie. Toad, which has poor speed, keeps up with and will pass it.

The game totally cheated me.

Firemouse

Rainbow Trainer
next time I won;t use a new combo, and will stick to one I know ;) I figured a better top speed would beat out your accel, boy was I wrong ; ;

Snorlax 360

Sea Ruby Trainer
Yeah, that would be better. I've stuck with Toad since the SNES days, so I know him preety well.

Last edited:

Mequuh

That belongs in the Friend Finder thread. But, I'll be sure to add you when I go to my moms and can connect to WiFi.

E

Ethereal

Err...yeah. That was already known. That's partly what the Nintendo USB thing is for. I have a DSL/Cable, so I don't have the dial-up problem. I'm just too cheap to pay $50+ in a store, when I can just get an official Nintendo product online.

Mequuh

Yes, I know you can. But I'm not going to buy the cable just so I can go online here too. BTW, do you have Mario Kart DS? If so.. Please tell us your friends code, that is, if you want.

EDIT- Heyrow Jynxo, it's $50 just for that cable? Well, thats not cheap. Like I had said, a D-Link is a Nintendo WiFi capable router and its only $30. But hey, if you'd rather get the official Nintendo cord go for it..

Last edited:

Snorlax 360

Sea Ruby Trainer
Well, I didn't know it could be done on DU. Hope it dosen't cause lag to us broadband users.

E

Ethereal

Mecca said:
EDIT- Heyrow Jynxo, it's $50 just for that cable? Well, thats not cheap. Like I had said, a D-Link is a Nintendo WiFi capable router and its only $30. But hey, if you'd rather get the official Nintendo cord go for it..
Doesn't really matter in the end, since they'd end up the same price in the end.

......Unless, of course, I'd need a brand new cord to play the Revolution online when that comes out. I'm a'thinkin' that the Revolution will work on the same cord as the DS. But seriously, if I'll need a new cord for the Revolution, Nintendo will lose a fanboy. ¬¬

Mequuh

How will they end up the same price? :s. Ya, if you have to buy a new cord for the Revo that would 5ux0rs.. But Nintendo is smarter than that. (Or are they?...? :p)

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
The WiFi USB adapter is only available at Nintendo's online store currently. It has a price set at $34.99 and will eventually be in stores. I can't wait to get Mario Kart DS - though I think I may have to wait until Christmas >_>; My name on my DS is currently just Scott Reed but I think I will make it MidnightScott.

~Scott;229;

Status
Not open for further replies.