• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

how many of you don't ev train.....

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
But are still sucessful in wifi battle's of all kinds? I know I don't and I won VERY few battles the closest I have come to ev training involves shoving a ton of vitamins down my pokemon's throat.
Bonus optional question how many don't care what nature your pokemon have?

Last edited:

Earthia100

I was the BEST at PBR wi-fi battles. Considering I was using Pokemon Pearl Version (my first pokemon game) I didn't know about EV training. But then again, I did use lots of legendaries.

abrar14

Statter Master
I Ev train. It really is worth it. It takes a few minutes(30) to do and your pokemon will be a lot stronger

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
i'm ev training my first poke at the moment (zoroark) but forgot to give any vitamins, so it's taking a lot longer than expected along with offline stuff. i might start doing more if i can get better at it.

DasBoot

I do EV train my Pokémon, so I don't know what else I could say. I have faced good battlers that haven't EV trained though.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Ok this probably isn't the right thread, but I can't find that help thread I used last night (there are a lot of threads lol). Since this is about EV training, then I hope it's ok.

I recently wanted to try my hand at EV and IV training, but I don't know if I'm doing it right. I wonder if I could get some help?

I chose Lapras. I bred it with a Carracosta (to get the Egg Move AncientPower). I then bred a female Lapras (with Modest nature holding an Everstone) with a male Lapras (with Ancient Power and holding a Power Lens). I finally got an offspring with with right nature, characteristic, and ability (it took a very long time). I took it to the guy in the Battle Subway in Nimbasa City and he gave it a pretty good report, so I kept it. I then gave the offspring the Power Lens and took it to Celestial Tower to battle the Litwicks and Elgyms (because they give +1 to Sp Att plus the Power Lens gives +4 Sp Att= 5 Sp Att per battle right?) And since you can only put 252 points into any given stat, I only have to battle these particular Pokemon 50 times right? Then I can battle 50 Pokemon that give Spd (with the Power Item for Spd) and then battle a few Pokemon that gives the final few EVs for Sp Def. Did I do everything right? Should I do something different?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I EV train, and I care about natures.

I must suck.

Ok this probably isn't the right thread, but I can't find that help thread I used last night (there are a lot of threads lol). Since this is about EV training, then I hope it's ok.

I recently wanted to try my hand at EV and IV training, but I don't know if I'm doing it right. I wonder if I could get some help?

I chose Lapras. I bred it with a Carracosta (to get the Egg Move AncientPower). I then bred a female Lapras (with Modest nature holding an Everstone) with a male Lapras (with Ancient Power and holding a Power Lens). I finally got an offspring with with right nature, characteristic, and ability (it took a very long time). I took it to the guy in the Battle Subway in Nimbasa City and he gave it a pretty good report, so I kept it. I then gave the offspring the Power Lens and took it to Celestial Tower to battle the Litwicks and Elgyms (because they give +1 to Sp Att plus the Power Lens gives +4 Sp Att= 5 Sp Att per battle right?) And since you can only put 252 points into any given stat, I only have to battle these particular Pokemon 50 times right? Then I can battle 50 Pokemon that give Spd (with the Power Item for Spd) and then battle a few Pokemon that gives the final few EVs for Sp Def. Did I do everything right? Should I do something different?

There's an EV training help thread in the BW Discussion forum, but watevs.

If you get 5 SpA per battle, you'll only have 250 SpA at the end of 50 battles. After doing that, you would need to battle two more Litwicks/Elgyems without using the Power Lens (or one more using the Macho Brace).

Bear in mind that Pokerus doubles your overall EVs, and steroids at 10 EVs to their corresponding stat. If you give your Pokemon 10 Calciums, you'll only need 152. With Pokerus, you only need to battle 15 Litwicks/Elgyems with the Power Lens, and then one more with the Macho Brace.

The same applies to Speed, but since Basculins give two Speed EVs apiece, you would earn 12 EVs total with the Power Anklet. As such, after giving 10 Carbos, you would battle 12 Basculin with Pokerus and Power Anklet, and then two more Basculin with Macho Brace.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I usually don't Ev-train in-game

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I EV train, and I care about natures.

I must suck.

There's an EV training help thread in the BW Discussion forum, but watevs.

If you get 5 SpA per battle, you'll only have 250 SpA at the end of 50 battles. After doing that, you would need to battle two more Litwicks/Elgyems without using the Power Lens (or one more using the Macho Brace).

Bear in mind that Pokerus doubles your overall EVs, and steroids at 10 EVs to their corresponding stat. If you give your Pokemon 10 Calciums, you'll only need 152. With Pokerus, you only need to battle 15 Litwicks/Elgyems with the Power Lens, and then one more with the Macho Brace.

The same applies to Speed, but since Basculins give two Speed EVs apiece, you would earn 12 EVs total with the Power Anklet. As such, after giving 10 Carbos, you would battle 12 Basculin with Pokerus and Power Anklet, and then two more Basculin with Macho Brace.

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I will keep in mind that there is a help thread in the W/B section.

And to stay on-topic, I do EV train (as of now lol). It's not really that hard and I am liking my results so far.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
I EV train all the time, even for pokemon that don't need it.

I just train as many pokemon as possible, and try to rummage a team out of what I stock into my PC boxes.

I find the process of raising a pokemon from nothing, lv 1, to a solid lv 50 with the stats it needs, a very enjoyable process.

Buuuuut thats just me.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
i ev train, but not often because i am too impatient -_-

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't EV train