• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many of you think you could defeat ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueVapor

Pretty sure I could beat him in the games or the anime. He's really just a regular old trainer, so I don't see any bigger a challenge in him than in, say, a gym leader or something.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
In anime terms, he can be beaten if his Pokemon's speed and agility is taken away. My favorite type can assure that happens. Poison type has the moves like Sludge, S. Bomb and Slime Wave, which could be used to cover the field. Add some gaseous clouds to block vision and induce poisoning in Ash's Pokemon. He can't see, and his Pokemon can't run. He is done for.
Flying Pokemon: sludge to the wings.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
You know what, this is a great question. We talk a lot of crap about Ash but I wonder if it's really hard to battle at all. It looks like child's play in the anime but maybe it's not. But to answer the question, it all depends on what Ash are we talking about. Him as a rookie in Kanto, him as a DP experienced or the Best Wishes Ash who seem to be the writer's joke?

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
In the games, Ash wouldn't stand a chance. In the anime, he has the advantage of being, well Ash, so I'd probably lose on some technicality or off the wall strategy that wouldn't work anywhere else.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think I could defeat him

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
if i used my platinum team yes. go Giritina use draco meteor *Pikachu gets raped*

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Just as i would beat yugi in his show i would crush ash(a lot easier too) in pokemon. As well as using unevolved pokemon he is a moron. he made his pikachu use iron tail on an empoleon, just because pikachu always has to use iron tail. enjoy your 25 power move with 75% accuracy.(as opposed to the near 300 damage to be inflicted with a simple thunderbolt.)

I would beat ash with a smeargle and a magikarp :D

*Facepalm* In the anime states don...forget it I give up.

As for me it would matter what pokemon he sues. If he used his current team I could beat him but if he sued his best from Oaks no.

Litovoi

Astral Shadow
In the games, Ash wouldn't stand a chance. In the anime, he has the advantage of being, well Ash, so I'd probably lose on some technicality or off the wall strategy that wouldn't work anywhere else.

Probably so, but me and my Rayquaza would give it a shot.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I can't believe I failed to see this until now.

It's a nice idea, but it won't work. I'm closing this because there are only very few people who're able to see past their blatant hubris and subjectivity to discuss this in any sensible way. Not that there's any objective method to determine how we would handle living in the anime world in the first place, much less raising the creatures when they're breathing, living beings and truly have the size and power they're described to have in the games. Honestly? I think most of us would run at the mere sight of a real Charizard, Hydreigon or what-have-you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.