• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How many of you will enjoy Pokemon Let's Go as an Adventure Spin-off, not a full main series game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
>Let's Go
>Adventure

Pick one.

Whether or not it's a spinoff or how it compares to the main games doesn't really matter. The issue is that they're peddling a simplified, barren, mobile-esque experience in a console game for $60. I don't care what the game is or what genre, that's just a bad idea period.

So much for wanting to avoid toxicity.

If you're all going to complain in every thread and disrupt good discussion, just stay off the site, alright? Some of us actually want to enjoy ourselves.

You could at least stay on topic. This thread is not about how bad you think Let's GO is.

Last edited:

Cradily17

If you're all going to complain in every thread and disrupt good discussion, just stay off the site, alright? Some of us actually want to enjoy ourselves.

You could at least stay on topic. This thread is not about how bad you think Let's GO is.

This isn't a police state, sweetie. You can't ban people just because they share opinions you may not like. If anything, THAT is what's toxic. It's true that most of my comments from before were out of line, but people in general have the right to criticize LGPE if they want to. It's a free country.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
This isn't a police state, sweetie. You can't ban people just because they share opinions you may not like. If anything, THAT is what's toxic. It's true that most of my comments from before were out of line, but people in general have the right to criticize LGPE if they want to. It's a free country.

That doesn't give you all the right to invade every thread with your negative rhetoric and throw them off topic.

This thread isn't about criticizing Let's GO. We already have a thread for that. Either stay on topic or get out. Those are the rules of this site.

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I saw someone cleaned up that guys attempt in bringing the drama of another thread to this one, so I cleaned up my bullets and get it out.

Anyways, I am going to try and get that game, I do think as its own game/ it will be an enjoyable experience.

The last time we had a game solely on Kanto was FR/LG, having that region turn to 3D is a treat.

That being I wonder if you can transfer a Raichu with a witch's hat over from Go into that game (While keeping the hat.)... that is why I am getting Let's Go Eevee since I just evolved that angel.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I saw someone cleaned up that guys attempt in bringing the drama of another thread to this one, so I cleaned up my bullets and get it out.

Anyways, I am going to try and get that game, I do think as its own game/ it will be an enjoyable experience.

The last time we had a game solely on Kanto was FR/LG, having that region turn to 3D is a treat.

That being I wonder if you can transfer a Raichu with a witch's hat over from Go into that game (While keeping the hat.)... that is why I am getting Let's Go Eevee since I just evolved that angel.

Duuuuude I didn't even think of that, what a good idea. I hope holiday Pokemon keep their hats too! I'm super hype for Let's Go, only a couple weeks left!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The customization aspect looks like Pokemon's very best at this point, well except for haircuts. I don't think that's returning for trainers.

Don't know about you guys and it probably won't happen, but I always wanted to see Yellow's iconic outfit, from her fishing rod to her strawhat with the gold and silver feathers at the back make an appearance in the customization aspects. 1) I think it can work for both boys and girls since Yellow disguised herself as a boy at one point and 2) It'd be just such a huge missed opportunity since this is remake of Pokemon Yellow.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
The customization aspect looks like Pokemon's very best at this point, well except for haircuts. I don't think that's returning for trainers.

Don't know about you guys and it probably won't happen, but I always wanted to see Yellow's iconic outfit, from her fishing rod to her strawhat with the gold and silver feathers at the back make an appearance in the customization aspects. 1) I think it can work for both boys and girls since Yellow disguised herself as a boy at one point and 2) It'd be just such a huge missed opportunity since this is remake of Pokemon Yellow.

I really don't think Game freak cares that much about Special. I do like Yellow but I just don't see it happening.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I really don't think Game freak cares that much about Special. I do like Yellow but I just don't see it happening.
Do I got a story for you! GameFreak actually does care about Adventures a lot! In fact it's probably GameFreak's second or most beloved adaptation. In fact, in some ways they are responsible for Pokemon Adventures long-running freedom of creativity, something the anime somewhat lacks from time to time when having to market the games. It's not only Pokemon's second biggest longrunners, behind the anime, and earned unique praise from GameFreak that not even the anime gets. but like the anime where GameFreak creates concept art in how a Pokemon moves and behaves, GameFreak and the writer of Pokemon Adventures cooperate quite a lot, I believe three months, not really sure I just know it's pretty early, before the games actually release, to get the story that GameFreak envisions for the games right with the creative freedom of course, sometimes far better than what GameFreak puts in the games like the Ruby and Sapphire arc. It's why the huge amount of game detail Kusaka puts in Pokemon Adventures is so insane. In fact, I actually don't know a lot of other Pokemon mediums that get the kind of same strong support as the anime and manga.

In fact many fans believe GameFreak and it's partners have taken inspiration from Pokemon Adventures. Pokemon fans have noticed that Ash and Serena's relationship seems a little too similar to Red and Yellow's relationship, have noticed that AZ's background is a lot similar to the Mask of Ice. However arguably the biggest similarity that even doubters have to admit is quite interesting would have to be Black and White's story being quite similar to the Yellow Arc, like characters having the ability to talk about Pokemon, discussing the Yin and Yang of industry and nature, the villains wanting to liberate Pokemon, how N and Ghetsis reminds people of Lance and Agatha etc or how Yellow's relationship with Lance is similar to the player character's relationship to N. I think this has to do more with the fact that the majority of Pokemon fans, especially in the west, still identify Pokemon with the anime, which is the marketing tool for Pokemon's popularity. For example, lots of people still think the original main protagonist of the series is Ash, not Red. Now that I think about it, the anime is really the only other medium to have the luxury of being referenced in the games.

So in general, GameFreak does care about the manga but in terms of popularity, the anime is a more profitable marketing tool to identify with in the games. Still it doesn't mean they can't include a few "silent" cameos that only certain Pokemon fans may know, if you know what I mean eh?

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Do I got a story for you! GameFreak actually does care about Adventures a lot! In fact it's probably GameFreak's second or most beloved adaptation. In fact, in some ways they are responsible for Pokemon Adventures long-running freedom of creativity, something the anime somewhat lacks from time to time when having to market the games. It's not only Pokemon's second biggest longrunners, behind the anime, and earned unique praise from GameFreak that not even the anime gets. but like the anime where GameFreak creates concept art in how a Pokemon moves and behaves, GameFreak and the writer of Pokemon Adventures cooperate quite a lot, I believe three months, not really sure I just know it's pretty early, before the games actually release, to get the story that GameFreak envisions for the games right with the creative freedom of course, sometimes far better than what GameFreak puts in the games like the Ruby and Sapphire arc. It's why the huge amount of game detail Kusaka puts in Pokemon Adventures is so insane. In fact, I actually don't know a lot of other Pokemon mediums that get the kind of same strong support as the anime and manga.

In fact many fans believe GameFreak and it's partners have taken inspiration from Pokemon Adventures. Pokemon fans have noticed that Ash and Serena's relationship seems a little too similar to Red and Yellow's relationship, have noticed that AZ's background is a lot similar to the Mask of Ice. However arguably the biggest similarity that even doubters have to admit is quite interesting would have to be Black and White's story being quite similar to the Yellow Arc, like characters having the ability to talk about Pokemon, discussing the Yin and Yang of industry and nature, the villains wanting to liberate Pokemon, how N and Ghetsis reminds people of Lance and Agatha etc or how Yellow's relationship with Lance is similar to the player character's relationship to N. I think this has to do more with the fact that the majority of Pokemon fans, especially in the west, still identify Pokemon with the anime, which is the marketing tool for Pokemon's popularity. For example, lots of people still think the original main protagonist of the series is Ash, not Red. Now that I think about it, the anime is really the only other medium to have the luxury of being referenced in the games.

So in general, GameFreak does care about the manga but in terms of popularity, the anime is a more profitable marketing tool to identify with in the games. Still it doesn't mean they can't include a few "silent" cameos that only certain Pokemon fans may know, if you know what I mean eh?

I don't think this is the correct thread to discus this but I think a lot of those points are coincidental :p

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Duuuuude I didn't even think of that, what a good idea. I hope holiday Pokemon keep their hats too! I'm super hype for Let's Go, only a couple weeks left!

It maybe decided on that team for Let's Go Eevee. Besides the starter... does this sound passable; Venusaur, Hypno, Dugtrio, Dodrio and if I can... a pokemon from the Go thing... and I looked it up, turn out the ones with the hats/ sunglasses can't be transferred... that's a bummer.
(There goes the Raichu plan... but I have another as a back up plan. A Flareon since it is the Eevolution that is considered to be the worse of them.)

Last edited:

Creyk

If they want to make spin-off games they can just continue the mystery dungeon series. Now those are good games, and offer a fresh premise to pokemon. Not just a pale imitation of the main series games.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
A bad game is a bad game regardless of the price tag. Yes but Pokemon Let's Go does not fit that category from what I've personally seen. Even those who criticize Pokemon Let's Go's lack of features often agree that Let's Go is a disappointment, not a bad game. There is a difference and this is no gimmicky mobile game, this is a Kanto remake that features many of the Adventure-style elements found in Pokemon Ranger. To say it is a bad game and it looks like a bad game is two different things. So instead of instantly calling it a bad game right off the start how about we wait for the reviews. If your a little convinced by the reviews to get the game, then buy it, check it out yourself. And if you think it truly still is a bad game, the difference between here and later is that you actually played it through and through and you have weight to your opinion.

Dude, the whole Ranger comparison is a stretch, and the game is probably not inspired by Ranger whatsoever. You're claiming it's a Ranger game because it has a capturing system not based on battling and field moves. Those aren't really specific enough to say it's similar to Ranger. The battling mechanics are totally different, relying on targeting the Pokemon rather than circling it, and field moves have been a thing in the main games since the very beginning. And the interactions with the starters weren't even a thing in Ranger, that's just a continuation of Pokemon Amie/Refresh from XY and SM.

The topic of the thread is literally about whether or not the game could be enjoyed as a Ranger style spinoff, and I explained why it wasn't. That's not off topic. Just because it's not a favorable opinion doesn't mean it's derailing the thread.

Also, as far as the toxicity you're missing the point. The game itself is toxic because its core concept is off putting to certain groups of gamers. Targeting casuals and basically ignoring hardcore gamers is not the way to bring the two sides together, conversely, all that does is tear the two groups apart. For them to make a game that's not toxic they're going to want to design a game that tries to balance the needs of every type of Pokemon fan as much as they possibly can. And that's something they haven't really done in any recent game.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Also, as far as the toxicity you're missing the point. The game itself is toxic because its core concept is off putting to certain groups of gamers. Targeting casuals and basically ignoring hardcore gamers is not the way to bring the two sides together, conversely, all that does is tear the two groups apart. For them to make a game that's not toxic they're going to want to design a game that tries to balance the needs of every type of Pokemon fan as much as they possibly can. And that's something they haven't really done in any recent game.

Get over yourself.

The game is coming out. It will sell, and it will become its own series. No matter how much you complain, it's going to happen and you can't stop it. It's not toxic. You're just mad the game isn't what you want.

Grow up. Accept the game is not for you, and move on.

To correct my initial statement, I'm gonna have to say I would not want Let's GO to be more adventure-like, mainly because I don't really care for adventure games. I'm a big RPG player, not to mention Pokémon fan (who knew?), so I'd probably be rather disappointed if were that way. A gripe of mine for Sun and Moon was that it felt less like an RPG and more like an adventure game, due to its heavy linear movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.